• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      In today's Divisional Debacle, the Defense under Greg Manusky in the first half, gave up 207 yards of offense (105 rushing/102 passing) and two touchdowns.  That said, they did manage a single INT on which the Offense actually managed to score a touchdown off of. They allowed 12 of 16 passes to be completed . 

In the second half it was 107 yards given up (58 rushing//49 passing) a field goal and a touchdown. They traded their first half pick for a second half sack. However, Dallas completed all five of their pass attempts. 

Don't read that thinking "Well it seems like they tightened up some in the 2nd half."  They didn't. They simply had about half the plays in the second half. 30 plays in the First and 18 in the Second.

So far in two Divisional matchups, the Defense has faltered in the Second half. They start out like a house of fire for the first few drives until their opponents gradually make adjustments. This Defensive coaching staff fails make any adjustments, whether in game or at the very least at Halftime. They've given up over 30 points per game for a total of 63 points given up in two games. While the Bears are up next, the Pats await and they've put up over 70 points in two games. Yeah. Ok. They did shut out the Dolphins today which is looking like the NFL version of ... ahem... shooting fish in a barrel. 

The frustrating thing is Manusky is the DC that the Front Office actively looked to replace during the off season without firing him. When you know they're looking to replace you, most people would make a concentrated effort to show an improvement. Yet Manusky's Defense still keeps acting like it's starring in Groundhog Day.

In his post game presser, when asked directly about if any coaching changes would be made, Gruden said "No, I think after two games – you’re talking about playing two very good offensive football teams and two of the best offensive lines in pro football we just played back-to-back. That’s no excuse whatsoever, but I don’t think we need to hit the panic button yet. We just have to continue to focus on what we can do better to win. Get Jonathan [Allen] in here, get a couple of our corners back in here and let’s go back and strap it up against Chicago [Bears] next week and see what happens.” 

Here's another frustrating thing. The defensive communication was an issue last season as well. Wasn't this supposed to have been worked on during OTA's and Training Camp? It's understandable that the rookies would still be on a learning curve, but NFL vets like Collins and DRC you'd think they would have down by the start of the season. 

Gruden said they're a very talented group on Defense but that they weren't reaching them. When questioned as to why the coaching staff that has been in place for several years, wasn't reaching them, he defended the comment as them being a young defense. “We have some moving parts now. Landon Collins is a veteran guy but this is his first year, [Montez] Sweat’s in his first year, [Cole] Holcomb, it’s his first year, [Jon] Bostic is in his first year. We’re playing Dominique [Rodgers-Cromartie] at corner and this is Jimmy Moreland’s first year, so it’s not like we are the most experienced group. We feel like were very talented, but we`re still fighting through somethings. There are a lot of things to look forward to, without a doubt, but we do have to play better and strap it up and get back to work."

Sign in to follow this  
Tarhog

Show Yourselves II

Me and my 2 yr old future Skins fan~maybe future Skins player~ he's already bigger than some of the 4 and 5 yr olds in the neighborhood

Not a good shot of me but a great one of him (it's easy when you have a subject like this to work with)

b7d4cded.jpg

Holy Joe Jacoby LD, that's a big kid you've got there. Maybe a linemen in the works? Good looking kid!

Awwww, nice of y'all to say so, thanks! Of course we think he's gorgeous, but I like it when other people do too.

Hard to tell from a pic, but he's already out of 5T, and since it's been warmer and he's running around more he's actually slimmed down under 50#. I'm just hoping he'll use part of the signing bonus to pay for my back surgery :laugh:

this is a repost

since we were going old school.........................classic sunglasses baby

logo_331489.jpg

Great as always to put some faces with names :cheers:

And chomerics, damn you son - do you have to appear so damn likable!

You look nothing like I imagined....no idea why though :)

this is a repost

since we were going old school.........................classic sunglasses baby

logo_331489.jpg

Sunglasses are fine. It's the shorts that I'm worried about. :D

The Huffman Family, left to right. Cortney (with soon to be son Grayson in the oven) Zoe and myself Dave.

Christmas2006LV2.jpg

beautiful ZoEd :cheers:

The shirt (for cats like illone who've called into question my allegiance in the past) says "The Redskins Have Gone Hog Wild!" I was 6+ in this pic, I believe.

that's some good stuff Nibbs

Helluva great-looking kid there LD...future all-star...good genes will always come through ;)

JArugby

ok finally ( I know you've all been dying to see what I look like hehehe j/k)

I'm the one looking at the guy holding the ball running, with the knee brace on. I'll post a different one soon...when I get one.

Made my day Missu. And it wasn't going too well. After being told we would get out at 2:00 this pm, the powers that be reneged. :( Always nice to look at a pretty face. :)

JArugby

ok finally ( I know you've all been dying to see what I look like hehehe j/k)

I'm the one looking at the guy holding the ball running, with the knee brace on. I'll post a different one soon...when I get one.

the guy w/ the ball doesn't have a knee brace :whoknows: