• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      In today's Divisional Debacle, the Defense under Greg Manusky in the first half, gave up 207 yards of offense (105 rushing/102 passing) and two touchdowns.  That said, they did manage a single INT on which the Offense actually managed to score a touchdown off of. They allowed 12 of 16 passes to be completed . 

In the second half it was 107 yards given up (58 rushing//49 passing) a field goal and a touchdown. They traded their first half pick for a second half sack. However, Dallas completed all five of their pass attempts. 

Don't read that thinking "Well it seems like they tightened up some in the 2nd half."  They didn't. They simply had about half the plays in the second half. 30 plays in the First and 18 in the Second.

So far in two Divisional matchups, the Defense has faltered in the Second half. They start out like a house of fire for the first few drives until their opponents gradually make adjustments. This Defensive coaching staff fails make any adjustments, whether in game or at the very least at Halftime. They've given up over 30 points per game for a total of 63 points given up in two games. While the Bears are up next, the Pats await and they've put up over 70 points in two games. Yeah. Ok. They did shut out the Dolphins today which is looking like the NFL version of ... ahem... shooting fish in a barrel. 

The frustrating thing is Manusky is the DC that the Front Office actively looked to replace during the off season without firing him. When you know they're looking to replace you, most people would make a concentrated effort to show an improvement. Yet Manusky's Defense still keeps acting like it's starring in Groundhog Day.

In his post game presser, when asked directly about if any coaching changes would be made, Gruden said "No, I think after two games – you’re talking about playing two very good offensive football teams and two of the best offensive lines in pro football we just played back-to-back. That’s no excuse whatsoever, but I don’t think we need to hit the panic button yet. We just have to continue to focus on what we can do better to win. Get Jonathan [Allen] in here, get a couple of our corners back in here and let’s go back and strap it up against Chicago [Bears] next week and see what happens.” 

Here's another frustrating thing. The defensive communication was an issue last season as well. Wasn't this supposed to have been worked on during OTA's and Training Camp? It's understandable that the rookies would still be on a learning curve, but NFL vets like Collins and DRC you'd think they would have down by the start of the season. 

Gruden said they're a very talented group on Defense but that they weren't reaching them. When questioned as to why the coaching staff that has been in place for several years, wasn't reaching them, he defended the comment as them being a young defense. “We have some moving parts now. Landon Collins is a veteran guy but this is his first year, [Montez] Sweat’s in his first year, [Cole] Holcomb, it’s his first year, [Jon] Bostic is in his first year. We’re playing Dominique [Rodgers-Cromartie] at corner and this is Jimmy Moreland’s first year, so it’s not like we are the most experienced group. We feel like were very talented, but we`re still fighting through somethings. There are a lot of things to look forward to, without a doubt, but we do have to play better and strap it up and get back to work."

Sign in to follow this  
Tarhog

Show Yourselves II

:laugh: Tony, I will tell him that. Rest assured he anything but

gay. We got a few Redskinette pics on that trip. It was his

first trip to a NFL game.

This is from my inagural (and only) visit to FedEx. October 1st, 2000 vs. the Bucs. Great game!

working on it, can't figure out how to get a picture from my puter in my message?:hammer:

Here is a snipet of my little happy family

Auggie snoozing with Yetti & Magic

fa7edee6.jpg

Bubba in deep thought

fa7edee9.jpg

and this is all my Wife would allow me to show of her, with the family dog in front with the orange fur.... Rex the wonder mutt

fa7edee7.jpg

I really don't have any photos of me, we lost most of our photos in a house fire a couple years ago, and I usually take all the new pics... oh well I didn't need to frighten any small children who might have seen me. :D (my boys are used to me by now)

Here is my girlfriend and I in Punta Mita Mexico, having dinner on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

fa7e7545.jpg

And in the Bahamas while visiting a client.

fa7e75db.jpg

MOskins, Brookboy, EL, TEG, SkinsHokie, Blitz, Cskin.....you all have some beautiful wives, girlfriends, admirers....I'm impressed.

Not sure how you guys managed it :)

But I'm impressed! :cheers:

Originally posted by Redskinette_Vic

The little Redskins fan and me, taken this past weekend:

090896116485.jpg

I love these threads! It's so great to 'see' everyone!

A lovely lady, and that is one CUTE kid Vic :)

Myself, with the hat. My wife in the middle with white shirt and good friends of us. ;)

We're Thai and I'm probably the only Thai Redskins fan down here. :cheers:

Originally posted by Ghost Who Talks

Enjoy him now Vic, before he gets big and ugly like Tarhog! ;)

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful Ghost!

Well now. Might I Reiterate and to add on to what Tarhog said. Some of you fellows definately have all the luck. :cool: And not just the fairer sex that sits/stands beside you. the little uns seem to be fine additions to the perspective family's. Cute kids. :) And our female posters here on Extreme, ( all 2 of them :silly:;) ), definately represent well. Lovely indeed. Great idea here John. :notworthy

:cheers:

Another cutie!

Not you 979....the kid :)

Oh, and thanks for the virtual 'bubble-wrap thing. Almost as fun as the real thing. My kids enjoyed that.

I hope more of you guys and gals show up at Hogfest next year. I was a little nervous meeting folks 'in the flesh' whom I'd only gotten to know (as much as thats possible) over the internet. But to my amazement, the folks here whom I already admired, wowed me in person. Park City Skins, Brave, Blade, Die Hard, Blondie, Tommy the Greek, and many more. Great people. We ought to pick another Redskins game every year for an 'Extremefest'.

And for those of you too cautious or self-conscious to post your visage to date....come on.....you're not half as ugly as you think!

At least we don't think so. ;)

Besides, we hear you have a GREAT personality!

:laugh:

I've got no pictures of me on the web. But I do of my wife :). Well, kind of. It's her head shot for work. But, it'll have to do :). She will not be attending this week's game with me as I've banished her to tend my mother and sister. Punishment like you wouldn't believe. Makes me seem all the more engaging afterward. There is a plan I tell you.

I'd post my bar and downstairs Redskins haven too, but the photos are too damn big :).

Originally posted by Art

I've got no pictures of me on the web. But I do of my wife :). Well, kind of. It's her head shot for work. But, it'll have to do :). She will not be attending this week's game with me as I've banished her to tend my mother and sister. Punishment like you wouldn't believe. Makes me seem all the more engaging afterward. There is a plan I tell you.

Lovely lady Art, but you swear that didn't come with the frame, right??

And Henry....you have no idea :silly:

I posted mine on the last thread...

Eagles Legendz....

How do you ever have time to post here?? Don't you have other things you should be "doing?"