Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-2017 NFL Gameday Thread

ExoDus84

Ladies and Gents,

At long last, it's that time again. The 2016-2017 NFL season is upon us. It's that joyous time of year where we spend Sundays and Mondays collectively gathered around the TV, drink copious amounts of alcohol, simultaneously cheer loudly while also screaming obscenities, and watch 22 men clash in gladiatorial arenas for our viewing pleasure. Say goodbye to productive weekends and date night with the spouse. Church? I'll go next week. Kids? Go out and play; Daddy's busy.

Post all discussion for non-Redskins games here.

First up: Super Bowl rematch. Carolina @ Denver.

Given that Trevor "The Hamburgler" Siemian is now the starting QB for Denver, I'd give the edge to Carolina. Both have stout D's, but until proven otherwise, Denver's new QB is JAG. I think it'll be a relatively low scoring game, as defenses have the edge earlier in the season.

Enjoy the season, everyone.

Yeah I don't see Denver winning tonight with Trevor Siemian starting. Idk, maybe he's as good as Denver thinks he is, but I think the more experienced QB will win tonight. Either way, I'm just so excited that it all counts starting tonight. The road to super bowl 51 starts tonight and I'm counting down the hours :)

9 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

The pageantry the league now attaches to every game is nauseating.  Just play the damn game.

I got a pizza on way home thinking the game was starting st 8. Here it is 8:40 and the pizza is gone and game is just now kicking off ?

I'll add that I love pageantry and it's what makes college football special to me...but yeah it doesn't belong here 

Just now, Simmsy said:

So out of all of the things the NFL has decided to crack down on, they chose "taunting"?

They've also cracked down on uniform..uniformity, head shots, cheap shorts, QB shots etc, kickoff shots. They're doing fine by me. Nobody wants to see players jawing and shoving and being stupid after every play 

4 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Broncos look sharp with a rookie QB.

Can I take that back?

Lol.

He looks alright but it's really vanilla. I got to imagine he's going to get exposed quickly once people get a feel/some video on him.

I can't believe Brock didn't resign. Was Houston's deal that much bigger? Don't recall the details on that.

Archived