Burgold

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

It wasn't a mistake.   IT WAS A BLATANT LIE FROM THE VERY TOP DOWN.  IN HIS BROTHER'S FACE, WHO WAS THERE.   Do not try to paint over that.  

And another thing...oh, forget it.  I don't feel like banging my head on a wall today.

 

We aren't on opposite sides of this.  Of course it was a mistake to lie directly about it.  If you want to categorize that as something more than a mistake, put it into whatever category of wrong you want and I will agree with you.

 

Do you hold the same outrage(I would support this level) with Hillary and the direct lies to the families of the Benghazi personnel who died?

Edited by dav87sc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So far I think this is one way the NFL players are screwing this up.  You protest to get peoples attention.  Well guess what, now you got it.  What are you going to do with it?

 

All of the people should have been cruising the TV and radio networks now speaking about what the protest was about.  There should have been a line outside of CNN, ESPN, NFL Network, etc to go talk about the treatment of blacks.  So much so that a 3rd stringer kicker would only get time with a Baynet reporter (do they still have that in SOMD?).  Their window is closing.  Go get your message out.

 

I agree. They are unintentionally helping to dilute the message. Many of them dont even know what the message was about. They feel for Trumps line just like his base did. Just listen to what Josh Norman said. He was 10 parts Trump 2 parts social justice.

 

You could count on 1 hand the guys taking a knee because of the social issue Kap was originally protesting. Its a shame but like @tshile was saying this is what happens when the conversation is lead by people who either dont know what they are talking about or dont care at all about the topic. Some of the talking heads got it right. Most of the players are just mad Trump called them SOBs and unfortunately here we are. 

 

He trolled the nation. Hes basically TWA 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They are unintentionally helping to dilute the message. Many of them dont even know what the message was about.

 

I know i'm just overly cynical on this stuff (and a lot of other stuff) but when I see the tweets and publicly displays of whatever, I can't help but think publicity stunt... that there's no true motive of social change or outrage behind it.

 

The one that really did it for me was the xfiles one... i love xfiles... but the whole thing just screamed "capitalize on this trending topic"

 

all these people have all this celebrity and all this money and the best they can do is put out a tweet.

 

i'm just cynical and have a lack of respect for 'awareness' so maybe my opinion is dumb. wouldn't be the first time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

 

Plus buying into the Republican talking points of the last almost three decades. 

You want to tell me anything the Democratic party has done to make your life better in the  last 50 years?

How is that schooling going?

Inner cities any better?

how about those jobs for anyone that wants/needs one?

are you any more empowered or positioned to flourish because of the democratic platform?

 

they have found ways to raise your taxes, drain the economic life from cities, separate every single American by race, gender(which seemingly has no meaning nowadays), political affiliation, and convinced many that unless the government handles it you aren't smart enough, strong enough, or good enough to do anything on your own.

 

yeah, that is the party I want to be associate with. /sarcasm off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So far I think this is one way the NFL players are screwing this up.  You protest to get peoples attention.  Well guess what, now you got it.  What are you going to do with it?

 

All of the people should have been cruising the TV and radio networks now speaking about what the protest was about.  There should have been a line outside of CNN, ESPN, NFL Network, etc to go talk about the treatment of blacks.  So much so that a 3rd stringer kicker would only get time with a Baynet reporter (do they still have that in SOMD?).  Their window is closing.  Go get your message out.

 

I've heard lots of commentary from sports figures outside of football and I've heard commentary from players. I think it's out there but the media is more interested in covering the controversy than what the protests are about. If people haven't listened to Gregg Popovich talk about it (Spurs head coach for those that don't know) it's fantastic. He called out Richard Petty bigly. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tshile said:

i'm just cynical and have a lack of respect for 'awareness' so maybe my opinion is dumb. wouldn't be the first time.

 

Naw not at all and I agree for the most part. None of these people really care about the cause. If they did they would have been kneeling for about a year. Its a fad now. Like tebowing. 

 

Yuck

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Such a narrow view point, if you think you can narrow down his victory to racism.

Fair, it wasn’t only racism. But only one candidate for President in the last 25 years has had unanimous support from the white supremacist groups. That should give you pause…

Quote

Frankly, it is rather sad that is all you hang your hat on.

I find it sad that you can’t see this is not the only thing we can hang our hat on.

Quote

Hillary was possibly the worst candidate in the history of our presidential elections.

Wrong. Donald ****ing Trump was the worst candidate in modern history. Worse than Nixon, worse than Goldwater.

Quote

She is no less (I think more) corrupt than you think Trump is.

She was a poor candidate. He was the worst in modern history. But please, equivocate more…

Quote

She is equally denigrating to those she thinks are below her station in life.

So, she is a politician?

Quote

She has little regard/disdain for the military (see claim of landing under sniper fire and her leading the excuses of Benghazi to the parents regarding the video).

Yes, Clinton is not a fan of the military. She verbally abused military aides as FLOTUS. You score 1 point here.

Quote

She put her personal wealth in front of our national interests regarding the sale of uranium to a Russian backed firm.

So, she is a politician?

Quote

Personally, I think she was very ill/injured and refused to acknowledge it, allowing the perception she couldn't handle the stress of the office.

Tell me more of your unsubstantiated thoughts and opinions. Wait, don’t.

Quote

Her stance was that of being owed the Presidency, because of........having put up with Bill, being snubbed for Obama, being a woman, etc.

She made mistakes in her campaign, there is no doubt. But owed? The woman literally campaigned for like 16 years…  (OK, that might be a slight exaggeration)

Quote

There is nothing that woman wouldn't do or say, as long as she was able to gain something in power/money or both.

Clearly that isn’t true, because she made mistakes in her campaign.  Or does that not count in your anything bucket?

Quote

I consider the sum total of her candidacy as nothing short of complete incompetence and found lacking.

Great. Real original thought here.

Quote

Considering in her book about the campaign she still hasn't acknowledged how bad she muffed it, and instead has blamed everyone in the world but herself, I find that very telling and justifying.

OK? She is bitter she lost to the worst Presidential candidate in modern history.

Quote

In my judgement, Trump was a choice between two poor choices, but that was what we were left with.

Because one party nominated the worst Presidential candidate in modern history and the other nominated the most qualified candidate, whom you clearly don’t like.

Quote

You continually return to "how can you put a racist/white supremacist in the White House, without being a racist/white supremacist yourself."

Yes, I agree that this is an oversimplification. But he was endorsed be every white supremacist group in the country.

Quote

You have cast all 64M voters for Trump as racist white supremacists.

Nope.

Quote

Great talking points, but not rooted in reality, by even the slimmest of margins.

Pot? Meet kettle…

Quote

 

The white supremacist/nationalist party has somewhere between 300,000 to around 1,000,000 members.

By sheer numbers, on the high end that is less than 1% of the total number of votes cast in the last election and on the low end less than .3%.

Numerically, they couldn't put a candidate in a governorship let alone the Presidency.

 

David Duke says hi.

Quote

By your logic, then all blacks are as racist and violent as blacks calling for the rape and murder of all white people, even though they probably number a fraction of what the white supremacist crowd numbers.  You should never accept/condone/or associate with anyone who has any connection to them or you are guilty by association.  No exceptions. No excuses.  And if you do, then your voice should never be allowed in the public square, and anything you have to say should be discounted if not ignored outright.

It is good advice not to voluntarily associate with white supremacists, or you run the risk of being labeled one. Hence why a candidate for President probably shouldn’t keep retweeting known white supremacists. And then he should denounce white supremacists in the wake of white supremacists killing a woman in Charlottesville. He then shouldn’t call mostly black protestors “sons of ****es” for kneeling during the national anthem in protest of actions such as white supremacists being retweeted by a Presidential candidate and white supremacists killing a woman in Charlottesville.

Quote

If you want people to take you seriously (this goes for the extremists on both sides of the argument), you must be willing to acknowledge the intrinsic value of all people, and not be as dismissive and self-righteous as you claim the other side is.  Yelling the loudest and using the most dismissive terms does not win the argument or influence people to acknowledge any issues or make changes.  It doesn't matter if you are black/white, conservative/liberal, pro-life/pro-choice, vet/non-vet, male/female.

Let me know when "the other side" strings up men/women/kids because of their skin color. And institute laws to alienate a group because of their skin color. Or create a system of city development to isolate a group based on their skin color. I can keep going for pages.  But I’ll stop here and let others who have personal experience finish.

Quote

Other than what you write and the positions you have been putting out, I don't know a thing about you.  The picture that comes to mind is a young, college student who is completely immersed in the social justice atmosphere who accepts one side completely, refuses to acknowledge or accept there are nuanced positions to all things and anyone not agreeing with you is just a racist and is to be shouted down and not accepted as a valued member of society.  You, and those around you can't really think that is ever going to move the conversation forward.  It may give voice to your frustrations/anger, but it will not have a causal effect of doing anything to remove or relieve that frustration/anger.

Or, he is someone who has been made to feel like he has been “shouted down and not accepted as a valued member of society” by a system built by white people on the backs of minorities.

 

Do yourself a favor and watch Grep Popovich’s response to Trump.  Listen to what he has to say.

Edited by Popeman38
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dav87sc said:

they have found ways to raise your taxes, drain the economic life from cities, separate every single American by race, gender(which seemingly has no meaning nowadays), political affiliation

 

Now you know you ****ed up right? Lol 

 

Seriously though you have to either have no awareness or no ****s to give to say something as ironic and false as that. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dav87sc said:

You want to tell me anything the Democratic party has done to make your life better in the  last 50 years?

I'd say Kennedy's Space Race wound up developing a lot of technology that has made me life better.

I'd say the Civil Rights Movement has made my and many people's lives better

I'd say Democratic investment into Scientific and Medical R&D which led to solutions for HIV/AIDS, mapping of the Human Genome, and development of what became the internet has made my life better

I'd say Democratic struggle to keep the internet a free medium (as opposed to Republicans) has made communication better

I'd say the ACA insuring 15 million people and making insurers include pre-existing conditions made life a lot better

I'd say that the Democrats getting Bin Laden and diminishing Al Qaeda through economic and drone warfare has made my life safer (though I'm a little squeamish about drones used in combat)

I'd say the Democratic economies which always lead us out of a Republican recession (Reagan, Bush, Bush) has helped my investments. In fact, right now the Trump economy is thriving through the stock market solely because of the seeds laid during the Obama years. Can you name an economic bill the Republicans have passed so far?

 

That's the short list. I've probably forgotten several thousand other things.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well this tells me you didnt read my other posts.  You dont know what I do for a living I guess.

 

I have been "over there".

 

 

Fair enough, but my original point is that many claiming they care about standing during the anthem are only doing so at face value and for symbolism. Most don't stand at home, most do little-to-nothing to show they actually care about the crappy pay and care for soldiers and vets, and while you may be a soldier that has served, thevast majority of folks are not yet take no qualms in our country upping the death toll in wars that are pointless and/or poorly executed/planned. If people had voiced themselves as loudly over the fake reasons for the Iraq war and troops dying there, as they do over people kneeling during a song, maybe those who wrongly sent troops to war would have actually faced consequences. Maybe troops would be paid better. Maybe vets would be better taken care of. 

 

And this point is being made with me only scratching the surface of the messed up ways this country has treated soliders. 

 

I wonder if all the service members who have come out in support of the kneeling should have their opinions matter to? So far it  seems those decrying the action are ignoring them. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Llevron said:

 

 

 I know some people had this idea. I just didnt believe it until this. Dude did (or didnt do) so much this weekend and its all wayyyyy under the NFL thing. That is literally a fight he picked about nothing. He controlled the news like a bossturd and they let him to a degree. 

My 21-year-old co-worker sent me a meme on Sunday that said, "When controversies have totally died down, and Trump comes in like..." .....with a sneaky cat licking his lips at a mouse cartoon picture. 

My peeps know me.  And they've apparently been listening.  So proud of her.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'd say Kennedy's Space Race wound up developing a lot of technology that has made me life better.

+1

7 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'd say the Civil Rights Movement has made my and many people's lives better

This was only the democratic party?  We will give credit, after we take away points for being the founding party of the KKK.

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'd say Democratic investment into Scientific and Medical R&D which led to solutions for HIV/AIDS, mapping of the Human Genome, and development of what became the internet has made my life better

maybe I am wrong, but thought that was a bipartisan commitment.

10 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'd say Democratic struggle to keep the internet a free medium (as opposed to Republicans) has made communication better

you mean the same group that has been trying/and continues try to have conservative radio, tv and internet banned and removed?

12 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'd say the ACA insuring 15 million people and making insurers include pre-existing conditions made life a lot better

the ACA is a debate unto itself.  just how much government subsidies are used to make things work, and is it really the government place to pay for it.

13 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'd say that the Democrats getting Bin Laden and diminishing Al Qaeda through economic and drone warfare has made my life safer (though I'm a little squeamish about drones used in combat)

Give credit to the military for pulling this together and pulling it off.  Clinton had a chance to make this happen 12 years before that.

15 minutes ago, Burgold said:

'd say the Democratic economies which always lead us out of a Republican recession (Reagan, Bush, Bush) has helped my investments. In fact, right now the Trump economy is thriving through the stock market solely because of the seeds laid during the Obama years. Can you name an economic bill the Republicans have passed so far?

Economic theory debates are like bad gas, everybody eventually has one and they always stink to everyone else.

No, the Republican can't get their s#$% together to do anything, and nothing is more maddening for a conservative.

I think both parties, going back to the 30's have spent money like it was going out of style.  Money that wasn't theirs to spend(social security), and many, many unwise and frankly stupid pet projects.  I will say this, the Democratic party, for almost 40 years from the 30's controlled at least 1 if not both chambers of congress and the presidency.  The out of control spending started there.  To be fair, any time the republicans had control, they didn't follow through on the promises of fiscal conservancy.

 

My point being, if anyone thinks either party has the best interests of the public in the foremost part of their minds is sadly delusional.

I think power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. 

If you(read anyone) can't find something the opposing party has done well, then they are not dealing with a full deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my sister posted a poll asking how many people stand at home or in a bar for the anthem.  Some of her friends then went on to say if you don't that you are a hypocrite and that the POTUS should be impeached for violating the players 1st amendment rights.  Below is my response:

 

Well on base obviously I pay all normal respects.  We live close enough to base that I often hear colors from our house.  When I am out in the yard, even alone, I pay normal respects.  I don’t think I have ever heard it on the radio in the car that I can remember so I can’t speak to that.  When I am at home and it comes on TV, I shut up.  Do I stand?  Sometimes but not always.  But I don’t think it fair to label someone a hypocrite just because they don’t.  Do you (meaning everyone) always act the exact same in the comfort of your home and in public?  Ever tell an off-color joke to your spouse in the house that you wouldn’t have said in mixed company?  I bet you have.  That doesn’t make you a hypocrite, that makes you human.

Personally, I don’t like the kneeling.  But I respect their right to do it as long as their employer allow it (more on this in a moment).  AND I respect the right of people to vocally say they feel it’s wrong and they want to protest their protest.  And round and round we go.  Thing that gets me is how easy it is to claim “free speech” now but where were all these people when a city was attempting to shut down a planned white supremacist march?  Hate to say it but that is free speech also.  As much as I may disagree with what they say, I defend to the death their right to say it (I feel like we’ve heard that before) until it gets violent.

Now regarding free speech and the First Amendment, I wish people would actually read it before attempting to invoke it.  “Congress shall make no law……abridging the freedom of speech.”  Now unless the news really dropped the ball, I’m not aware of any law being proposed banning the kneeling.  The Supreme Court has expanded the 1st to include all branches of government so the POTUS would not be able to give an EO banning it either.  I don’t think that has been proposed either though.  The 1st does not protect you from private repercussions of your speech.  That is why I said if the employers allow it.  Was what Trump said in bad taste?  Possibly.  What is the difference between it and a POTUS condemning someone’s racist remarks (other than the level of eloquence)?  Both are free speech and no law is attempting to shut it down.  I’ll tell you what the difference is.  One is easy to defend.  The other is painful.  But defending rights isn’t meant to be easy.

So to all of the people condemning what Trump said, I expect the same level of outrage when a public official calls for someone to lose their job because they were spotted at a white supremacist rally.  If you don’t, THEN you are a hypocrite.

 

2 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

 

Fair enough, but my original point is that many claiming they care about standing during the anthem are only doing so at face value and for symbolism. Most don't stand at home, most do little-to-nothing to show they actually care about the crappy pay and care for soldiers and vets, and while you may be a soldier that has served, thevast majority of folks are not yet take no qualms in our country upping the death toll in wars that are pointless and/or poorly executed/planned. If people had voiced themselves as loudly over the fake reasons for the Iraq war and troops dying there, as they do over people kneeling during a song, maybe those who wrongly sent troops to war would have actually faced consequences. Maybe troops would be paid better. Maybe vets would be better taken care of. 

 

And this point is being made with me only scratching the surface of the messed up ways this country has treated soliders. 

 

I wonder if all the service members who have come out in support of the kneeling should have their opinions matter to? So far it  seems those decrying the action are ignoring them. 

 

 

This was good timing.  Please see above.

 

Also, troop pay isn't crappy.  We are actually compensated well.  I can explain that further if you need.  There are charts involved though.

 

Vets being taken care of better, you will get no argument from me there.  I needs to happen.  But no president on either side has straightened that out.  Vets are the domestic North Korea.  Everyone wants to talk about it.  No one fixes it.  

 

As for your pointless/fake war comments, I would caution you using those terms in the physical presence of a vet.  I'm not even going to say you are wrong (it is an opinion after all) however telling a vet they lost friends and body parts in a fake war is not well received on our part.  This is me asking you nicely to tone it down on that front.  

2 minutes ago, dav87sc said:

 

 

My point being, if anyone thinks either party has the best interests of the public in the foremost part of their minds is sadly delusional.

 

This is the only smart point you have made yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dav87sc said:

+1

This was only the democratic party?  We will give credit, after we take away points for being the founding party of the KKK.

maybe I am wrong, but thought that was a bipartisan commitment.

Certainly, a Democratic led movement. As to the KKK thing, it is well established that those KKK Dems became Republicans as did the South because of Civil Rights.

 

2 minutes ago, dav87sc said:

you mean the same group that has been trying/and continues try to have conservative radio, tv and internet banned and removed?

Never heard any real attempt to do this. I have seen bills pushed in Congress by Republican majorities to make the internet less free.

 

 

2 minutes ago, dav87sc said:

the ACA is a debate unto itself.  just how much government subsidies are used to make things work, and is it really the government place to pay for it.

Probably fair, but the reason the Republicans can't pass a counter to the ACA is because there are too many good things in it and even the Republicans are aghast at the ghoulish nature of their own proposal.

2 minutes ago, dav87sc said:

Give credit to the military for pulling this together and pulling it off.  Clinton had a chance to make this happen 12 years before that.

Military deserves credit, but so to does Obama for having the chutzbah to go into Pakistan despite being roundly criticized and chided for it. In fairness, Bush and Obama Administrations both worked to weaken Al Qaeda. I thought this was my weakest point.

2 minutes ago, dav87sc said:

Economic theory debates are like bad gas, everybody eventually has one and they always stink to everyone else.

I'll take that as a concession to my point :D

 

2 minutes ago, dav87sc said:

No, the Republican can't get their s#$% together to do anything, and nothing is more maddening for a conservative.

I'll take that as a second concession :D:D

 

 

2 minutes ago, dav87sc said:

I think both parties, going back to the 30's have spent money like it was going out of style.  Money that wasn't theirs to spend(social security), and many, many unwise and frankly stupid pet projects.  I will say this, the Democratic party, for almost 40 years from the 30's controlled at least 1 if not both chambers of congress and the presidency.  The out of control spending started there.  To be fair, any time the republicans had control, they didn't follow through on the promises of fiscal conservancy.

I think this is true. I would argue that in my adult lifetime, the Republicans have been far worse. You generally see the deficit go down and balanced budgets when the country is under democratic control. Elected Republicans only care about the deficit and fiscal conservatism on the campaign trail going by the economic records of Reagan, Bush, and Bush.

2 minutes ago, dav87sc said:

 

My point being, if anyone thinks either party has the best interests of the public in the foremost part of their minds is sadly delusional.

 

The country works best when you marry the pathos of liberalism with the cold logic of conservatism. Neither really functions all that well in isolation. However, I'd also argue that the current incarnation of Tea Party and Trump Republicanism is no longer logical. In fact, it lacks most of the major tenants of Conservatism including fiscal restraint, pragmatism, and constitutionalism.

 

The Dems may stink, but the Repubs are toxic.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tshile said:

 

I know i'm just overly cynical on this stuff (and a lot of other stuff) but when I see the tweets and publicly displays of whatever, I can't help but think publicity stunt... that there's no true motive of social change or outrage behind it.

 

The one that really did it for me was the xfiles one... i love xfiles... but the whole thing just screamed "capitalize on this trending topic"

 

Tbf, Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are very outspoken and very anti Trump. I just thought it was a cool picture. Mea culpa.

 

_____

 

At least 1 NFL owner is pissed about the kneeling.

 

http://m.sfgate.com/sports/article/Daily-Caller-buries-key-detail-about-NFL-owner-12229738.php

 

 

Wait for it....

Edited by The Evil Genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

At least 1 NFL owner is pissed about the kneeling.

 

http://m.sfgate.com/sports/article/Daily-Caller-buries-key-detail-about-NFL-owner-12229738.php

 

 

Wait for it....

That is enough to give anyone a headache.

There are more than a quarter million Packers shareholders and anyone can be one at 250 bucks a pop.

Again i say.. conservatives,, those who pull your strings have zero respect for your intelligence. In fact, they think you're devoid of it.

 

I don't know how many more ways you need to see it, but this is a good one. They know most of you won' read it..  and in fact they bank that you will likely see the picture of the Bills players and attribute it to their owner, and never read another word.

 

Must work, cause they stay in business.

But nah,, no problems over there, right? Fake News is CNN, amiright?

 

~Bang

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dav87sc said:

You want to tell me anything the Democratic party has done to make your life better in the  last 50 years?

ACA. If it hadn't made some things better a R controlled Congress plus President would have been able to get rid of it. 

 

The standing of minorities in our society. My father told me as recently as 1968 there were seperate entrances at a restaurant in Waldorf.

 

I have no doubt there are a lot more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

 

my best friend growing up died 2 years ago of a fentanyl/heroin overdose.

 

RIP Kyle

 

RIP Kyle.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dav87sc said:

You want to tell me anything the Democratic party has done to make your life better in the  last 50 years?

How is that schooling going?

Inner cities any better?

how about those jobs for anyone that wants/needs one?

are you any more empowered or positioned to flourish because of the democratic platform?

 

they have found ways to raise your taxes, drain the economic life from cities, separate every single American by race, gender(which seemingly has no meaning nowadays), political affiliation, and convinced many that unless the government handles it you aren't smart enough, strong enough, or good enough to do anything on your own.

 

yeah, that is the party I want to be associate with. /sarcasm off

 

Since I am 66 years old, pretty much everything good in my life is because of the Democrats, starting with FDR, which the Republicans have been bent on destroying ever since. 

 

I have retired, so I have Social Security, Medicare, and I hope like HELL that the Democrats can hold the line against Republicans hellbent on destroying those two programs that I count on not to be destitute in the coming years. 

 

The items you mention could be better yes, but if the Republicans have their way, it would be a lot worse. Since Reagan's tax cuts, our middle-class has been decimated, so thanks Republicans! 

 

So **** the Republicans.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say the Tax Reform Act of 1986 was pretty good. But since the Dems cooperated with the GOP president, it probably disqualifies it as a Dem action in some people's eye.

 

Then there's the FMLA, Head Start, the Guaranteed Student Loan Program, numerous Voting Rights Act,  Clean Water Act(s), Whistleblower Protection Act just to name a short few.

Edited by The Evil Genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As usual, all contained in @LadySkinsFan's post.  (You're my girl!)

My husband wouldn't even have to pay a somewhat astronomical amount for my health insurance if I were left uncovered because of a pre-existing (absolutely ****in' normal) condition.  Get with the program...it may cost a lot, but I've got coverage, and pay more for super ****.   I HAVE IT.  And I appreciate the freakin' opportunity, for the first time since my military days.  (No, I try not to throw the Navy knee that got me out on the rest of my VA.)  I fight my insurance company over every doctor's visit, but I haven't banged my head on a wall lately thanks to @PCS and his wisdom, so there's that. 

Thanks, Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

 

Tbf, Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are very outspoken and very anti Trump. I just thought it was a cool picture. Mea culpa.

Not your fault, and I certainly didn't know they were very outspoken. So, bad example.

 

I don't blame people for sharing them, it's the people with motives to take advantage of a serious issue that I have a problem with.

 

Sounds like I picked the wrong picture anyways :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its been a long time since the Tailgate has been graced with someone who clearly has fallen for every single conservative media  talking point, myth, deception and spin put out in the last 30 years.    

 

Welcome dav87sc.  I hope you stay around for a bit, and listen at least as much as you talk.  

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Btw..does anyone know why Kap started kneeling (he sat the first few times)?

 

 

 

 

I thought it was a way to not be disrespectful to the flag but still protest, whereas sitting was seen as disrespectful

 

(Which sounds funny given where we are now)

 

But it was so long ago and I wasn't following the league much at the time (just the redskins) so my memory is foggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.