Burgold

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Recommended Posts

Frankly, if you're playing on a USA team, you better stand up. Protest in private life is entirely different. If you're representing the nation and decided to sit, I'd be in favor of immediate summary dismissal from the team, on the spot. Hit the showers, pack your ****, get the **** out. Do not be in the locker room when the team comes in for the half. If i could find a way to have you find your own way home, i'd do that. too.

 

The person in the Navy who decided not to stand should be disciplined to the full extent of the UCMJ. Insubordination is very serious in the military and can result in loss of life.

 

These situations are entirely different from private citizens working in private industry, which is what football players are. .
Both are volunteer positions.  (Chances are they may have scouted you to play soccer.. but the decision is yours.) When you volunteered you agreed to abide by the rules. And if you volunteer for military service, one of the first hings you need to learn is you are no longer a citizen with the same rights as private citizens enjoy. You are Government property. You are being paid by the US to do a dangerous job for the US. And you must follow the laws of the military as well as the laws of the land.

No room for compromise with military personnel. No argument that contradicts the UCMJ is valid.

 

~Bang

Edited by Bang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Air Academy National Credit Union drops Brandon Marshall as an endorser. 

If I had money in there, I'd withdraw every penny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DM72 said:

So the Air Academy National Credit Union drops Brandon Marshall as an endorser. 

If I had money in there, I'd withdraw every penny.

You'd pull your money out of a private military credit union because a representative they're paying decided to kneel for the national anthem? You can't make this **** up lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

You'd pull your money out of a private military credit union because a representative they're paying decided to kneel for the national anthem? You can't make this **** up lol

 

So what if he kneels? This move by them is exactly why people are protesting. I just wonder if most of their clientele were black, would they have dropped him? I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

I hope all of you were standing during the Anthems yesterday

Trick question.

They don't play them on TV.

7 minutes ago, DM72 said:

 

So what if he kneels? This move by them is exactly why people are protesting. I just wonder if most of their clientele were black, would they have dropped him? I doubt it.

People are protesting because a military credit union holds its sponsor to standard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

I hope all of you were standing during the Anthems yesterday

Even if I'm sitting, my hand is on my heart.

Ask anyone who knows me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that President Obama, you know the Commander and Chief, was booed in stadiums around the country yesterday for his apolitical, pre-recorded, 9/11 video message. Probably by the same people who think you should not sit during the anthem, or should always hold your hand over your chest for the pledge. Hypocritical, but its what is expected by those who adhere to white supremacy.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Springfield said:

Just Red Zone channel.

They showed the Anthem before numerous games yesterday. Including SNF. So everyone that's taking issue with the players not standing and what not, I hope they stopped stuffing their faces and stood for the Anthem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MattFancy said:

They showed the Anthem before numerous games yesterday. Including SNF. So everyone that's taking issue with the players not standing and what not, I hope they stopped stuffing their faces and stood for the Anthem.

I don't get what your point is.  You're trying to be clever, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Trick question.

They don't play them on TV.

People are protesting because a military credit union holds its sponsor to standard?

 

No, it's another way of saying, "black people don't matter." They know they're not going to lose much business dropping Marshall for making a protest. But let's say that 70% of their clients were black. I doubt they drop Marshall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Interesting that President Obama, you know the Commander and Chief, was booed in stadiums around the country yesterday for his apolitical, pre-recorded, 9/11 video message. Probably by the same people who think you should not sit during the anthem, or should always hold your hand over your chest for the pledge. Hypocritical, but its what is expected by those who adhere to white supremacy.

You mean the people who called him out for not wearing a flag pin in the '08 campaign?  <and Boehner didn't wear one at ANY State of the Union address while he was Speaker?>

Those people?:ols:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I don't get what your point is.  You're trying to be clever, no?

My point is if you're criticizing the players for not standing, you better be standing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DM72 said:

 

No, it's another way of saying, "black people don't matter."

its interesting that you put it that way, because this seems to be the thinking of anyone who has been remotely critical of the methods- but not necessarily the message- of protest or of BLM, which is really incredible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DM72 said:

 

No, it's another way of saying, "black people don't matter." They know they're not going to lose much business dropping Marshall for making a protest. But let's say that 70% of their clients were black. I doubt they drop Marshall.

That's not th way to me at all.  If a white guy didn't stand and they dropped him, I wouldn't take that as a disrespect toward white people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Standing at home?  

 

It sets a good example and is good for the heart.....If ya do it holding a beer it is even better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, twa said:

 

It sets a good example and is good for the heart.....If ya do it holding a beer it is even better.

You mean you haven't finished it by then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

You mean you haven't finished it by then?

 

If I had my woman had better already exchanged it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

That's not th way to me at all.  If a white guy didn't stand and they dropped him, I wouldn't take that as a disrespect toward white people.

 

IMO, it's easy to make the decision that they made when you know it's really not going to affect their bottom line. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Interesting that President Obama, you know the Commander and Chief, was booed in stadiums around the country yesterday for his apolitical, pre-recorded, 9/11 video message. Probably by the same people who think you should not sit during the anthem, or should always hold your hand over your chest for the pledge. Hypocritical, but its what is expected by those who adhere to white supremacy.

 

So, by your thinking, everyone who boos the POTUS is adhering to white supremacy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

 

So, by your thinking, everyone who boos the POTUS is adhering to white supremacy?

That is not "my thinking." That is your thinking. I am very clear in my post as to what I meant. Please catch up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.