Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox News, Sexual Harassment, Ailes, O'Reilly, Hannity and minions...

Riggo-toni

The Gretchen thing made no sense, but I can understand harassing Megyn Kelly, even if she does have blood coming out of whatever......

Dude..   Gretchen was Miss America in 1989.    

I heard Fox hired an outside legal group to conduct an investigation thinking it would turn up nothing.    They came back with six or seven women who claimed they were harassed.   Including Megan Kelly.    Megan Kelly is being marketed as the future of the network.   Her ratings are just under Bill O'reilly's but her upside is seen to be higher.    That put the nail in the coffin.    So now he'll get a nice huge severance package (40 million) and all the ladies are free to sue...

One must wonder how long this has been going on,  cause Roger Ails has been a GOP insider for decades.   He's credited along with Lee A****er for getting George Bush Sr's come from behind victory over Dukakus in 1988.

Of course Ann the journalist knew all about this, but never felt the need to look into it before because conservative extremists never attack their own, it might hurt the never ending and sole purpose of accusing liberals of stuff.

How forthright of her to mention it now that it is public knowledge.  Next she is going to reveal that Richard Nixon bugged the Oval Office.   

First clue might be that most of the two dozen women who work at fox on air all look like clones of each other.   Bleached blond, big hair...  For years I couldn't tell them apart.   They all looked alike to me and sounded alike.   Megan Kelly was the first one who ever impressed me and that was just recently when she hosted the Republican Presidential Debates.    I thought she asked hard questions to everybody and really was probable the best debate host I've seen.

O'reilly, Hannity, and Ailes should fly a fighter jet into Cleveland, land in front of all those hate-filled slack jaws populating this total ****-show of a convention, and declare "mission accomplished".

~Bang

• Like 1

It won't happen overnight, but it's clear the younger Murdoch is going to change Fox News big-time. Will be interesting to see the effect it has on the GOP. 

Maybe Zucker will lure Hannity and O'Reilly to CNN and turn into Fox. Wouldn't that be something. 

Edited by Hooper

Thorough breakdown by the Post on all of this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/the-fall-of-roger-ailes-he-made-fox-his-locker-room--and-now-women-are-telling-their-stories/2016/07/22/5eff9024-5014-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_ailes-1055pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Ughhhhhhh. What a ****ing creep

Example

The general always had attendants. In May 2002, a 20-year-old college student scored an accounting internship with Fox, but to her surprise she ended up being assigned to work for Ailes, the woman recalled in an interview with The Post.

The woman fit the profile of a future Fox standout. She was pretty and blond.

Not long after she started the job, Ailes asked her to get him a copy of Maxim, the racy men’s magazine.

“When I gave it to him, he said: ‘There are some great articles in here. And you’re pretty enough to be in here. You look like the women in here. You have great legs. If you sleep with me, you could be a model or a newscaster.’ ”

She told him she “wasn’t that kind of person.” But he persisted, she said.

“At first it was once a week,” she said. “Then it got to be every day.

She said she quit after only a few weeks.

“When I told him I was leaving, he said he was sorry I was leaving and that he was really disappointed that I didn’t sleep with him,” she recalled. “He said, ‘You could have gotten anything you wanted.’ ”

“And then he grabbed me,” she said, “and grabbed my ass.”

A similar pattern appears in the allegations of another woman, a former Fox employee, who says she was harassed by Ailes in 2004. The woman, who spoke to The Post on the condition of anonymity, says Ailes and an assistant offered to pay for her voice-over training and introduced her to a talent agent.

In Ailes’s office one day, she says, Ailes suggested the woman have a drink with him alone at a hotel. She says he asked her, “Do you know how to play the game?”

He tried to kiss her, she recalled.

“He was touching me,” she said. “I got out of there as quickly as I could.

She says she was traumatized and couldn’t sleep. Later, she told him that she wouldn’t meet him at the hotel. Her voice-over opportunities then disappeared, she said.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/fmr-fox-booker-harassed-by-ailes-for-20-years.html

Former Fox News Booker Says She Was Sexually Harassed and ‘Psychologically Tortured’ by Roger Ailes for More Than 20 Years

The morning after Fox News chief Roger Ailes resigned, the cable network’s former director of booking placed a call to the New York law firm hired by 21st Century Fox to investigate sexual-harassment allegations against Ailes. Laurie Luhn told the lawyers at Paul, Weiss that she had been harassed by Ailes for more than 20 years, that executives at Fox News had known about it and helped cover it up, and that it had ruined her life. “It was psychological torture,” she later told me.

So far, most of the women who have spoken publicly about harassment by Ailes in the wake of Gretchen Carlson’s lawsuit had said no to Ailes’s sexual advances. They ran out of hotel rooms, they pulled away from embraces, they complained or avoided or generally resisted, even when it hurt their careers. This is the account of a woman who chose to go along with what Roger Ailes wanted — because he was powerful, because she thought he could help her advance her career, because she was professionally adrift and emotionally unmoored.

Doing so helped Luhn’s career for a time — at her peak, she earned $250,000 a year as an event planner at Fox while, according to both her own account and four confirming sources, enjoying Ailes’s protection within the company. But the arrangement required her to do many things she is now horrified by, including luring young female Fox employees into one-on-one situations with Ailes that Luhn knew could result in harassment. “He’s a predator,” she told me. In recent years, Luhn had a series of mental breakdowns that she attributes to the stress of her situation, and was even hospitalized for a time.

Edited by visionary

https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/759416917375356928

It wasn't just that Ailes preyed on Fox women. He also encouraged Fox women to be sexually involved with his friends.

https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/759417196946726912

In at least one instance, according to sources, he punished a young Fox anchor's career when she didn't want to go out with his older friend

https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/759418522912952320

Ailes would have limos drive young female Fox employees to Fox News box at Yankee stadium to be eye candy for his older friends, sources say

https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/759563927080603648

During interviews, Luhn said Ailes regularly told her Hillary Clinton and George Soros were trying to kill her. He told her only trust him.

https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/759564616460562432

According to Luhn, Ailes told her there was "no such thing as coincidences" and people she thought were friends were actually "spies."

https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/759565058548662272

Ailes has told many people at Fox that the Clintons and Soros have tried to assassinate him. Ailes says he's been trained by "CIA."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/08/ailes-used-fox-budget-to-finance-campaigns-against-enemies.html

Roger Ailes Used Fox News Budget to Finance ‘Black Room’ Campaigns Against His Enemies

As Rupert Murdoch seeks to stabilize Fox News in the wake of Roger Ailes’s ouster, a crucial question remains unanswered: How was Ailes able to spend millions of dollars to settle sexual harassment claims without it setting off alarm bells?

According to three highly-placed sources, part of the answer is that there were few checks on Ailes when it came to the Fox News budget. “It was the culture,” one Fox executive said. “You didn’t ask questions, and Roger wouldn’t entertain questions.” One former News Corp executive explained that because Fox made more than $1 billion in annual profits, the funds that were used for settlements amounted to little more than “a rounding error.”

But with Ailes gone, Fox executives are now looking closely at how Ailes spent Fox money. And what they are discovering is that, beyond the sexual harassment claims, Ailes was also able to use portions of the Fox budget to hire consultants, political operatives, and private detectives that reported only to him, according to a senior Fox source. Last week, according to the source, Fox News dismissed five consultants whom Ailes had hired to do work that was more about advancing his own agenda than Fox’s. One of the consultants, Bert Solivan, ran negative PR campaigns against Ailes’s personal and political enemies out of Fox News headquarters, a source said. A Fox News spokesperson confirmed: “Solivan was recently informed that his services were no longer needed.” Solivan, who had previously worked for Fox News as a general manager of the channel’s website, did not respond to requests for comment.

According to one highly-placed source, Solivan worked out of what Fox insiders called “the Black Room,” an operation Ailes established around 2011 to conduct PR and surveillance campaigns against people he targeted both inside and outside the company. The “Black Room” was located on the 14th floor of the News Corp building at 1211 Avenue of the Americas, a quiet part of the office that housed Fox News Latino and some marketing and promotions employees. Fox employees Ken LaCorte and Jim Pinkerton, veteran political operatives who’ve worked with Ailes since the 1980s, also worked with Solivan, the source said, adding that Ailes’s personal lawyer, and Fox contributor, Peter Johnson Jr. advised the team. (In an email, Peter Johnson denied any involvement in “Black Room” campaigns, saying, “The only online campaign I’m aware of is yours attempting to create a truth from a fiction with this account.”)