Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Supreme Court, and abortion.

Larry

42 minutes ago, MartinC said:

If men gave birth abortions would be available at ATM machines. 

I hear men do give birth now, gotta respect how they self identify right?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Why does what someone else do what their body bother you so much?

I'm sorry I'm in the boat where I just don't consider it a real human life until they're outside the womb. Until then, they're just a part of the woman, and it is HER CHOICE what she does with it.

Its hilarious to me how Republicans always preach "individual freedom, government shouldn't be involved in our lives" but then they whine when women make a choice to have an abortion.

Party of complete and total hypocrisy.

It involves another human's body.

I can't help that you deny the science of life.

I'm fine with exemptions to protect the mother's life and even open to morning after or abortion pills.....I'm not fine with medical professionals killing a human w/o justifiable need.

If the mother wants to do it herself I might see it as a individual freedom.

8 minutes ago, MartinC said:

But where does the fetus gestate - do they keep it in a box? 😉 

The belly, ectopic pregnancy is possible but rather risky

Uterine transplant is the more feasible.

47 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Why does what someone else do what their body bother you so much?

I'm sorry I'm in the boat where I just don't consider it a real human life until they're outside the womb. Until then, they're just a part of the woman, and it is HER CHOICE what she does with it.

Its hilarious to me how Republicans always preach "individual freedom, government shouldn't be involved in our lives" but then they whine when women make a choice to have an abortion.

Party of complete and total hypocrisy.

they arent conservatives. They are religious fundamentalists and fascists. Thats what it all comes down to.

The guy you are replying to is part of it.

• Thanks 2

I don't think that the fetus is solely just part of the women's body, nor that it is a separate human life.  However, I think it is intellectually dishonest to claim that it is not a human life until it is born.

Sure the main proponents of the pro-life movement are very religious, but even atheists can be pro-life. Scientifically, there is a separate, developing human being inside a pregnant woman.  An abortion kills that life.  I think everyone on both sides of the debate should acknowledge that.

However, the woman should not be forced to have to carry this life in her body if she does not want to.  But, what happens after a woman decides that she no longer wants to carry the baby could be debated. 

Depending on an assessment of the fetal development, our society should consider the option of strongly requesting (maybe requiring) a transfer of the baby out of the womb and the mother being allowed to just relinquish all rights and responsibilities without society looking down our noses at her.

If the baby is not yet viable to live outside the womb and the mother wants to end the pregnancy, then oh well.  Sorry kid, but that should be her call to make.

Seems to be this is where rubber meets the road for most people's position on abortion: when to attach humanity to the baby in the womb.  I'm pro-choice, but the exact line seems pretty difficult to draw in my view.

• Like 1

The Georgia law makes slaves pregnant women. They aren't allowed to leave the state for an abortion without being prosecuted.

This issue isn't about abortion, it's about forced pregnancy and birth by the state. In other words, females do not have bodily autonomy like males do. These policies enshrine real second class citizenship on all females. These people are also taking away forms of birth control, leading to all forms of birth control. Some of these people also want to take away female voting rights. 

Get real people, this is a Republican War on Females, because this is the only party pushing this legislation. And it's mostly poor and minority females who suffer from this extreme legislation. Wealthy females can travel even out of the country for birth control and abortions if they choose.

FB_IMG_1557784120171.jpg

FB_IMG_1557981233981.jpg

FB_IMG_1557755245824.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Seems to be this is where rubber meets the road for most people's position on abortion: when to attach humanity to the baby in the womb.  I'm pro-choice, but the exact line seems pretty difficult to draw in my view.

The exact line to draw should probably be determined by a doctor & patient.  That is pretty much where I stand on the issue. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, HoustonSkin said:

If the baby is not yet viable to live outside the womb and the mother wants to end the pregnancy, then oh well.  Sorry kid, but that should be her call to make.

This is exactly where I stand on the issue.

7 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

The Georgia law makes slaves pregnant women. They aren't allowed to leave the state for an abortion without being prosecuted.

This issue isn't about abortion, it's about forced pregnancy and birth by the state. In other words, females do not have bodily autonomy like males do. These policies enshrine real second class citizenship on all females. These people are also taking away forms of birth control, leading to all forms of birth control. Some of these people also want to take away female voting rights. 

Get real people, this is a Republican War on Females, because this is the only party pushing this legislation. And it's mostly poor and minority females who suffer from this extreme legislation. Wealthy females can travel even out of the country for birth control and abortions if they choose.

FB_IMG_1557755245824.jpg

And yet, here we have a thread of mostly men expressing their opinions freely :ols:

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

And yet, here we have a thread of mostly men expressing their opinions freely :ols:

You can laugh all you want, but that's what it comes down too. Men, and not many of them physicians, legislating political will over females. 

Let's turn it around, shall we? How would men feel about women in the majority exercising political will having to do with male bodily autonomy? You wouldn't stand for it. 

Just now, bearrock said:

Yes but it still needs to be drawn and currently it isn't. The earliest delivery of a baby that survived was 21 weeks and 5 days. I'd think that line should be no later than that and I'd subtract a week and half from that and make it 20 weeks. After 20 weeks  abortions by exception should be allowed but stricter restrictions must be emplaced than what currently exists (health of the mother or status of the fetus can and has been used as a fig leaf to abort healthy fetuses from healthy mothers).

25 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The exact line to draw should probably be determined by a doctor & patient.  That is pretty much where I stand on the issue. 

Dr. Gosnell?

33 minutes ago, bearrock said:

How about the women who is pregnant making that decision in consultation with the doctor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

............... Wealthy females can travel even out of the country for birth control and abortions if they choose........

Not for the type of abortions many of us want banned. (Well unless they go to China or Iceland). Because those are illegal just about everywhere. 

Edited by nonniey

15 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

You can laugh all you want, but that's what it comes down too. Men, and not many of them physicians, legislating political will over females. 

Let's turn it around, shall we? How would men feel about women in the majority exercising political will having to do with male bodily autonomy? You wouldn't stand for it. 

Well, I don't stand for what's going on in Alabama, either.  

Someone nailed it a few pages ago, Republicans like branding themselves as the part of personal freedom, limited gov't...which this absolutely is not.  I'm hoping this is a wakeup call to some that have supported Republicans, however I think that is wishful thinking.  

3 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Not for the type abortions many of us want banned. (Well unless they go to China or Iceland). Because those are illegal just about everywhere. 

They can still go where abortions are legal, since some of these laws are criminalizing abortions period.

40 minutes ago, MartinC said:

How about the women who is pregnant making that decision in consultation with the doctor.

This is the extreme position of the pro-choice side that even most pro-choicers wouldn't agree with. This allows for abortions at the last minute (and is currently permitted in some states). Problem is this is the default position taken in the fight.  Similar to backing the NRA even though people who support gun rights liking some of the gun control proposals that the NRA automatically opposes.

Edited by nonniey

14 minutes ago, MartinC said:

That sounds perfectly reasonable if you don't consider a viable unborn healthy child to be "alive."  It sounds like murdering a baby if you do.  This is the difficulty of the abortion debate. 

There is a majority that want abortion to be "mostly legal."  There is not a majority that wants it "entirely legal for any reason."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Destino said:

That sounds perfectly reasonable if you don't consider a viable unborn healthy child to be "alive."  It sounds like murdering a baby if you do.  This is the difficulty of the abortion debate. 

There is a majority that want abortion to be "mostly legal."  There is not a majority that wants it "entirely legal for any reason."

Ok but if we say:

1st Trimester: Woman's choice

2nd Trimester: Woman's choice with Doctor consultation

3rd Trimester: medical exception, woman's life in danger, fetus not viable 

When I hear "extreme left want women to be able to get an abortion up to the day of birth"  I want to see the statistics on 3rd trimester abortion.  As of the latest data it accounts for 1% of all abortion.  Of that 1% what percentage is women simply changing their minds about wanting to have a baby and walking into Dr. Office demanding an abortion versus some kind of medical issue reason?

• Like 2