Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Supreme Court, and abortion.

Larry

Seems to me she's made a poor choice.

Nation of laws, not conveniences for every individual.

Law says what it says. 

Now, if the mining company instituted a new policy that made them work on her holy day, she may have a better argument. but if it stood before she was hired,, they don't have to bend to accommodate her. Maybe if there was another day she could make up the work,, sounds to me like a 7 day week for the company..  got to be a way to schedule her so she can have her holy day.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

So, if you want to receive unemployment, then you're required to ignore one of the fundamental precepts of your religion? (in fact, the one characteristic which actually defines your particular religion?)

Yup. Or find another job. Many people work on the sabbath. Pretty sure God would rather you be able to feed your kids.

Now, if the mining company instituted a new policy that made them work on her holy day, she may have a better argument.

~Bang

They did.

She'd worked there for years. They decided to start working on (whatever day it was).

I think she quit, but I'm not sure. Might have been fired for refusing to work that day.

Couldn't find any other work, that didn't require her to work on that day. (Although her job at the mine was still open.)

• 6 months later...

In the words of a former POTUS:  Bring 'em on.  Everyone marched, even in Alaska.  In snow, rain, hail, and sleet.

The world came together, kinda like our post office, which needs money so stop e-mailing payments.  Write a check, you need the practice anyway.  Come on, people!  If Big Bad Don can sign a couple hundred signatures a day, so can you!!!!!!!!!!!!  Pay the government in small ways...send a check.  It just may keep us from trying to kill ourselves over a gallon of water a few years from now, if this doofus stays.

How can a bill criminalizing abortion even be presented? Abortion rights are protected by the Supreme Court, aren't they? How is that legal? I'm pretty sure you can't direct your state legislature to ignore federal and constitutional law.

Edited by ExoDus84

26 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

How can a bill criminalizing abortion even be presented? Abortion rights are protected by the Supreme Court, aren't they? How is that legal? I'm pretty sure you can't direct your state legislature to ignore federal and constitutional law.

Sure you can, of course it would get overturned......unless it is for pot obviously.

Sanctuary policies violate federal law

That bill is going nowhere though.

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

This would have been my backyard as a teenager!

So your wrists are probably in worst condition than Doc's ankles. 

I'm sorry man. 

You will pull throu...never mind. 

No reason to encourage that these days. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

So your wrists are probably in worst condition than Doc's ankles. 

I'm sorry man. 

You will pull throu...never mind. 

No reason to encourage that these days. 

I :ols:...but I'll challenge that there's no reason to discourage it either :ols:

• 2 months later...