Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Supreme Court, and abortion.

Larry

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Women have all kinds of reaction to having an abortion. Most are happy they had one and could get on with their lives. Good for them. For those women who regret having an abortion, they are certainly allowed their feelings. And good for them.

I am of the mind that it's a woman's choice to have autonomy over their bodies, whatever decision they make. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Norma McCorvey, Jane Roe of Roe v. Wade, reveals that she was paid by anti-abortion groups to disavow her abortion.  The truth will out.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/woman-behind-roe-v-wade-160020572.html

When Norma McCorvey, the anonymous plaintiff in the landmark Roe vs. Wade case, came out against abortion in 1995, it stunned the world and represented a huge symbolic victory for abortion opponents: “Jane Roe” had gone to the other side. For the remainder of her life, McCorvey worked to overturn the law that bore her name.

But it was all a lie, McCorvey says in a documentary filmed in the months before her death in 2017, claiming she only did it because she was paid by antiabortion groups including Operation Rescue.

“I was the big fish. I think it was a mutual thing. I took their money and they’d put me out in front of the cameras and tell me what to say. That’s what I’d say,” she says in “AKA Jane Roe,” which premieres Friday on FX. “It was all an act. I did it well too. I am a good actress.”

In what she describes as a “deathbed confession,” a visibly ailing McCorvey restates her support for reproductive rights in colorful terms: “If a young woman wants to have an abortion, that’s no skin off my ass. That’s why they call it choice.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Women have all kinds of reaction to having an abortion. Most are happy they had one and could get on with their lives. Good for them. For those women who regret having an abortion, they are certainly allowed their feelings. And good for them.

I am of the mind that it's a woman's choice to have autonomy over their bodies, whatever decision they make. 

I remember when her story was headline news years ago and it meant nothing to me. Ok, so she had negative feelings about her choice. That doesn't mean that all women should be stripped of their right to make that choice in the future. 

I voted for W in 2000. I regret that choice, but it doesn't mean that I shouldn't be allowed to vote! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I voted for W in 2000. I regret that choice, but it doesn't mean that I shouldn't be allowed to vote!

How about somebody who voted for Trump?

On 5/20/2020 at 11:58 AM, Larry said:

How about somebody who voted for Trump?

they should continue to attend their rallies, pandemic aside, as long as the proper adjustments are made for the safety of the rest of the populace

(i had a really ****ty week, even for times like this, but i don't think it will affect my attitude much on this topic)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

@techboy

well bless their hearts

i guess the message is IF certain people are using mass deaths for political purposes (like trump has always done) including this pandemic where many deaths likely could have been prevented with better testing and more widespread cooperation with mask-wearing and distancing courtesy if led by politicians at the top and of both parties, then it's okay to dismiss, minimize, ignore, or just lie about those deaths if you're a goper

the sick-minded absurdity of the gop claiming it's "pro-life" plays yuge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pleasantly surprised the Supreme Court hasn't descended into Mad Max Conservative Hell already with Trumps two picks. 

Some of these are closer then they should be, but so far, third branch looks to be holding on for dear life.

Dam hasn't completely broken over there yet.

SimilarSpiritedGardensnake-size_restricted.gif

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...