Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Supreme Court, and abortion.

Larry

5 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/maternalinfanthealth/pregnancy-mortality-surveillance-system.htm#ratio

Per this.....more women die from pregnancy related complications than from abortion related complications.

17x more....

That was the basis for the Roe decision. The SC ruled that state's laws against abortions claimed to be to protect the woman. But that in the first trimester, abortion was safer than staying pregnant was. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

That's what you took from that?

well I took that a numbers person was playing games...but that's just my nature

3.978 million births in 2015 vs ?

1 minute ago, twa said:

well I took that a numbers person was playing games...but that's just my nature

3.978 million births in 2015 vs ?

It's not # of births vs # abortions that lead to the higher # of deaths.

It's a ratio. It is used to level the playing field when comparing figures. This is why it's a "per 100,000".

Just now, thegreaterbuzzette said:

It's not # of births vs # abortions that lead to the higher # of deaths.

It's a ratio. It is used to level the playing field when comparing figures. This is why it's a "per 100,000".

yes....if you reduce people to numbers, or deny they are even people.

Like I said, tis safer to kill them if you worry about such things..

17 minutes ago, twa said:

add

reducing lives to numbers is just math, denying life is denying life.

Ok, so save all the lives. What programs you supporting and funding for proper sex education, affordable/accessible birth control,  community health clinics, expanding affordable childcare options, welfare/WIC increases, therapest/social services/CPS funding to help investigate insest and pedophilia?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Ok, so save all the lives. What programs you supporting and funding for proper sex education, affordable/accessible birth control,  community health clinics, expanding affordable childcare options, welfare/WIC increases, therapest/social services/CPS funding to help investigate insest and pedophilia?

Quite a few thru the govt, and I do some on my own.

3 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

You do realize you were the one the inquired about what the #s were 1st right.....and we simply provided an answer to your inquiry.....

actually I mentioned rates in response to Burgold's use of rates.....details

14 hours ago, twa said:

Quite a few thru the govt, and I do some on my own.

So are you shouting just as loud for those as you are for anti-abortion? Where is that conversation?

14 hours ago, twa said:

actually I mentioned rates in response to Burgold's use of rates.....details

Burgold brought up infant mortality as an effort to show that there are strong considerations for the health of the child post birth than just insisting birth. Plus your above statement indicates that you too acknowledge the horrible infant mortality rates so you are in agreement that those numbers are in fact relevant and important.....so you cant just pick and choose when analytics are important. 

11 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

So are you shouting just as loud for those as you are for anti-abortion? Where is that conversation?

Burgold brought up infant mortality as an effort to show that there are strong considerations for the health of the child post birth than just insisting birth. Plus your above statement indicates that you too acknowledge the horrible infant mortality rates so you are in agreement that those numbers are in fact relevant and important.....so you cant just pick and choose when analytics are important. 

I see the need to quit killing people as more urgent .....most that see them as human lives would.

That they might die if we let them live is a piss poor position to start from.

• Like 2

I started the Chernobyl series. Which led to me re-reading the Wikipedia article on the Chernobyl disaster, as it had been a while and I forgot. 

Theres an entire section about abortions and the number of abortions that were performed in Europe on healthy pregnancies, simply due to false fears of radiation fall out and what it might do to the child during pregnancy. 

One report had it as as high as 150,000 abortions. 

Very sad. 

4 hours ago, twa said:

I see the need to quit killing people as more urgent .....most that see them as human lives would.

That they might die if we let them live is a piss poor position to start from.

So you can’t walk and chew gum at the same time?

wouldn't the public education, health, and criminal resource items I listed do more than substantially cut down on abortions?

why can’t you not find value in all humans, and not just ones not yet born?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tshile said:

I started the Chernobyl series. Which led to me re-reading the Wikipedia article on the Chernobyl disaster, as it had been a while and I forgot. 

Theres an entire section about abortions and the number of abortions that were performed in Europe on healthy pregnancies, simply due to false fears of radiation fall out and what it might do to the child during pregnancy. 

One report had it as as high as 150,000 abortions. 

Very sad. 

The false fears of radiation?  Wasn't there any?

33 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

So you can’t walk and chew gum at the same time?

wouldn't the public education, health, and criminal resource items I listed do more than substantially cut down on abortions?

why can’t you not find value in all humans, and not just ones not yet born?

Sure I can.

Do more than what???

What gives you the idea I don't find value in all humans?

12 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Maybe unnecessary or over blown would have been a better adjectives.

Worldwide, an estimated excess of about 150,000 elective abortions may have been performed on otherwise healthy pregnancies out of unfounded fears of radiation from Chernobyl, according to Robert Baker and ultimately a 1987 article published by Linda E. Ketchum in the Journal of Nuclear Medicine which mentions but does not reference an IAEA source on the matter.[171][172][176][177][173][178]

They said unfounded. I said false. I suppose unfounded is the correct word. 

I dont think unnecessary or overblown correctly captures the context. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:
....One of the plaintiffs was 17 years old when she was apprehended at the border. She had been raped in her home country before traveling to the United States and the rapist had impregnated her. She repeatedly asked for an abortion. The government refused to let her obtain one....

Not enough info provided - how far along in her pregnancy was she - would be the first question that comes to mind.

8 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Not enough info provided - how far along in her pregnancy was she - would be the first question that comes to mind.

Guess you don't remember this one from Kavanaugh's audition. Either way. 

The court noted that the ban applied even if the teenager met the requirements for an abortion under state law where they were being held and secured their own funding and transportation; it also applied if the teenager had been raped.