Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Smoking Room (cigar smoker's thread)

AsburySkinsFan

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Anyone have a good humidor?  I got one for a best man gift a few years ago but I never really used it and it looks pretty crappy.  How are you keeping your stuff fresh?

This is my main one.  Rated for 100, but no way.  I'd say 70 to 80 depending on sizes. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OJPMBP4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

image-M.jpg

I have a smaller one I picked up first for about $25.  I use Xikar beads with their PG solution for humidity.  I learned much patience getting one of these to hold the proper humidity.  

You really need a good humidor to have room to age them.  

33 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Anyone have a good humidor?  I got one for a best man gift a few years ago but I never really used it and it looks pretty crappy.  How are you keeping your stuff fresh?

Google how to season a humidor, and spend the money for a Cigar Oasis. Worth every penny. I am not sure what condition the one you have is in, but it might be salvageable.

11 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Google how to season a humidor, and spend the money for a Cigar Oasis. Worth every penny. I am not sure what condition the one you have is in, but it might be salvageable.

I looked at those, but until you get to a certain size I think they take up to much room in the humidor.  I will probably one day end up with an end table size humidor.  I will get one for that. 

47 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I have a smaller humidor--~50 cigars. I have one, I just keep it hydrated and never worry about it. Does a great job keeping a level humidity.

I got a fairly cheap humidor a few years ago, I tinkered with it but could never get it right.

I smoke a couple cigars a month, usually a padron maduro for $8 which i then smoke that day. I imagine as I get older I might turn greater attention to detail of smoking a fine cigar but for now, the occasional cigar is pretty nice.  

1 hour ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

I got a fairly cheap humidor a few years ago, I tinkered with it but could never get it right.

I smoke a couple cigars a month, usually a padron maduro for $8 which i then smoke that day. I imagine as I get older I might turn greater attention to detail of smoking a fine cigar but for now, the occasional cigar is pretty nice.  

Took me about 2 weeks to get mine close to stable and correct RH.

24 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Took me about 2 weeks to get mine close to stable and correct RH.

I just bought a new house last week so im going to get a decent humidor once I settle in and will read through this thread in detail to get ideas. I have been renting for the past 4 years or so and found that I enjoy a cigar much more when im smoking it on my own deck vs a rental. 

But yeah, i just couldnt get the humidor set right. This time i will get a better one and spend more attention to detail. 

Ok, found something today that makes me think that my Cohibas were not fakes afterall. Here is the official Cigar Afficianado "Cigar of the Week" review that was on Instagram today.

Here is there cigar with band....it was pointed out earlier that mine may have been a fake because of band, and the third row of squares is cut off by the box with Cohiba.

29505833685_33095a976a_z.jpg

Zoomed in....

28880836274_0cb7ac1b74_c.jpg

Here is mine...looks identical.

28081138853_39e517395c_c.jpg

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Drinking and driving eh? :rofl89:

I'm not even touching the election thread.  Playing video games, working on some photos and waking up tomorrow and going about my life like usual. 

Best part about this year: Firepit, carafe of coffee, a nice cigar, and not caring about this election. Even the wife has joined me with one of her own now and again.

26 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Best part about this year: Firepit, carafe of coffee, a nice cigar, and not caring about this election. Even the wife has joined me with one of her own now and again.

Planning on having a cigar or two on Friday night.  Nowhere to smoke indoors so I need to smoke on the patio of my apartment in the smoking area while it's still reasonably decent outside.  

• 4 weeks later...

Here's what I've been up to the last couple months:

Acid (infused cigar) not a fan

31046160940_562fc4ccf8_b.jpg

Punch: had a couple Punch sticks, middle of the road for the most part.

31379464256_60b9df139f_b.jpg

Romeo Y Julieta: A couple of these are good, average smokes.

31300809521_0b2fd8d842_b.jpg

This one had construction issues, but it finished without falling apart.

31300809891_2c53df3610_b.jpg

31300811451_fbd89cf118_b.jpg

Gurkha: only one of these so far, terrible construction, fought it the whole time. By the end the entire wrapper came off.

31300810811_68ded701be_b.jpg

Arturo Fuente: winner every time.

31415428045_8457aec0c7_b.jpg

Partagas: my first of these, will be returning.

30594216874_0c02b1e862_b.jpg

Brick House 6x60 Mighty Mighty....thank you suh may I have sum moah?

30608352723_d3e34df40a_b.jpg

Winner winner chicken dinner!

31379468176_42310baf5b_b.jpg

Padilla: good stick, not going to stock up on them but worth the time.

31379468446_9ae421b90f_b.jpg

Oliva Serie V: bought a 5 piece sampler and not regretting that decision at all.

31300815741_0a9bd22a37_b.jpg

Montecristo (Dominican): smooth and creamy...yup yup yup

31415434135_4931d68ceb_b.jpg

Tabak Especial: nice smoke

30608459573_692489cb65_b.jpg

28 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

If you like the Le Bijou 1922 (and I do), check this one out: https://www.famous-smoke.com/brand/flor+de+las+antillas+cigars

It's close and much cheaper.

Also give the Tatuaje Conoju 2012 and the Oliva Serie V Melanio a try. Both are $12-14 a stick

I just ordered two Le Bijou 1922 box press torpedos (CA Cigar of the Year 2015) one for me and the other for a buddy. I think they may arrive today!!????

Archived