Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Smoking Room (cigar smoker's thread)

AsburySkinsFan

Love a good storage and my particular choice is a Churchill size (psychiatrist would have fun with that I am sure).

I really enjoy The uranium cigar by foundry, part of an element series.. It's 7x70 and is about a 2-3 hrs smoke. It goes for about $7 a stick. The carbon version is $5 and really smooth. I am on a budget so I go with an asylum schizo, same size 7x70 but it's a little stronger and only $3 a stick.

Olivia is also another nice smooth smoke.

Cigars-now.com was usually about $10 cheaper than any other site on a box but usually takes a few extra weeks to get your package. The samplers are nice but you usually get a few busts in each pack.

In Mexico a few years back I had a Cuban which cost $30. Potent as hell and knocked me for a real loop. Can't wait for them to be legal.

Ā 

Ā 

2) I've been hearing a LOT about Punch, now I'm gonna have to try them out. Which do you prefer?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Punch Gran Puro - around $20-25 for five.

Ā 

I have tried a bunch of cigars, but the only one that I don't remember whether I liked or not was the SJ-9.....the Sonny Jurgensen cigar.....they used to have some hot Cigar Girls riding around the parking lots of Fedex in a golf cart while we were tailgating selling them. Ā I bought one and I was so ****-faced I can't remember whether I liked it or not. Ā Good times.

Pretty funny review of the Cuban Magnum 46.

This will not be a normal review of the H Upmann Magnum 46.

Let the others tell you how chocolatey or leathery or how much nougat is in the finish. I'm going to tell you what the Magnum 46 gives me.

When I smoke this cigar I'm an international financier. Normal people can see my aura. I am the most interesting man in the world. I'm a mushroom cloud-laying *******er. I'm Superfly T.N.T.! I'm the The Guns of the Navarone!

Once in a pub in London I went out to smoke my Magnum 46 and I met Mick Jagger. He asked if he can bum a ***. Luckily I had another Magnum 46 and I shared it . Now we're best friends.

Smoking a Magnum 46 is like a Buddhist approaching nirvana. It's like a green eating an organic vegetable. Only the miracle of childbirth is equivalent.

As a Canadian I often smoke in less than desirable circumstances. But when I smoke the Magnum 46 its always 25 degrees no matter the season. 80 for the gringos.

An atheist once smoked a Magnum 46 and instantly believed in God.

If I were in Cuba and a threesome developed I would not be nervous. If I was in the deepest darkest of Africa and making an arms deal I would fear nothing. As long as I was smoking a Magnum 46 that is.

It is said that during his first trial OJ Simpson smoked a Magnum 46th everyday. He smoked a non Cuban on his second trial and he lost.

In conclusion the Magnum 46 is a great cigar it will take you wherever you want to go.

My next review will be on either the Montecristo #3 or #4. It depends on whether I want to blow up the bridge on the River Kwai or create an island in the South China Sea. You'll find out later.

Chickenlassi or G Rant.

PS. Against all warnings in my head that tell me not to repeat the following, it needs to be said. The Cubans in Playa Larga and Playa Giron back in the old days when they were invaded smoked Magnum 46's and repelled the invaders.

Ancient aliens actually brought the Magnum 46 to the earth. Sorry to mention it but it is my tip of the hat to those conspiracy theorists. Those that smoke Magnum 46's that is.

Tonight's smoke...this thing is a beauty!!

Rich, and flavorful. Enjoyed it with my brother while cooking some pork tenderloin on the Weber kettle grill and sipping on some Makers Mark bourbon. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon!!

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/11070/casa-magna-colorado/

Ā 

Here was one I picked up for my brother to smoke, he'd never smoked a cigar before and enjoyed it very much.

Mild, flavor no craziness.

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/ARTURO-FUENTE-8-5-8-CANDELA-LONSDALE/66660.uts?form_state=sourceCodeFlyoverForm&sourceCode=4325

I got this one for my brother, he said it stung his nose a little but on the pull I had there was no spice, pretty mild over all.

27579852503_94c172ccb9_c.jpg

Ā 

This one was nice, but I had difficulty maintaining a consistent burn. It was windy outside and I was cooking and talking with family so those were probably the reasons why I was relighting.

27489044904_0182bb124c_c.jpg

Ā 

I picked this gem up in Gatlinburg. Camacho 6 year old and finished for 5 months in a bourbon barrell. So what better to pair it with than some of Labrot & Graham's finest?!Ā 

Great full bodied smoke, smooth and consistent, not a lot of spice but bold flavor. I liked this a lot.

27579527654_be5469a551_c.jpg

Ā 

Ok, so someone on here mentioned Punch cigars and I didn't have one in my humidor so I grabbed this Punch Signature Corojo Torpedo. I WILL be revisiting this again soon! medium-full bodied smooth, little to no spice on retro, consistent and balanced from start to finish.

27579998283_a0334ace4b_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just came in here to post that I had a Camacho last night. Ā Damn that was amazing. Ā Incredible pull off it, it lasted a long time, tasted great Ā 10 bucks is about as much as I'd go for a cigar but I'd love to have one again. Ā 

Ā 

Camacho Connecticut was the version I had. Ā Just found the wrapper. Ā 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

About 5 days ago I burnt my tongue after grilling some beer brats and haven't had a stick since!

It's almost back to normal but I've been hankering for a good smoke for almost a week now!

Ā 

I've been on a bit of a tear myself, had at least one each weekend for the past 3 weekends in a row. Ā Might have another one on Friday. Ā 

I usually have three or so each weekend day. and fill with the pipe.

Ā 

****s made me put out one at lunch in a outdoor smoking section with no one else out there but my party.

Ā 

Ā 

bigots have no tasteĀ 

11 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Ā 

11 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

They Ā made you put your cigar out while sitting in a smoking section?

What was the complaint?

Ā 

some of the customers (inside in the ac) were offended by the smell.

Heathens

8 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

In my town we have a cigar shop that closing so there are some pretty good buys to be had right now. 20% each stick. I bought a few and picked up a basic humidor.

Here are my new additions:

28807150472_83508797d3_c.jpg

Here's my humidor and my stack.

28294634104_8369584364_c.jpg

Stash 'em in a plastic bag, with a Boveda pack, or aĀ seasonedĀ humidor. Ā 

Season your new humidor. Trust me on this.

20 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

As a public service announcement--if you're not smoking Tatuaje, you're missing out. A friend of mine swears by them, smoked my 1st one this weekend, fabulous smoke.

Ā 

send me a box so I won't feel deprivedĀ :)

Archived