Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Happy Fathers Day

Major Harris

Lots of awesome Dads on ES. Happy Father's Day to each of you. Enjoy your children if you're fortunate enough to be with them.

Father's Day, like Mothers Day, was started as a US observance in West Virginia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father%27s_Day

After Anna Jarvis' successful promotion of Mother's Day in Grafton, West Virginia, the first observance of a "Father's Day" was held on July 5, 1908, in Fairmont, West Virginia, in the Williams Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church South, now known as Central United Methodist Church.[1] Grace Golden Clayton was mourning the loss of her father when, on December 1907, the Monongah Mining Disaster in nearby Monongah killed 361 men, 250 of them fathers, leaving around a thousand fatherless children. Clayton suggested her pastor Robert Thomas Webb to honor all those fathers.[2][3][4][5]

Well, i hope everyone enjoyed debating guns and bad presidential candidates on father's day, lol.

My wife always makes sure her and my son's go all out on father's day. This year, she wanted to grill the steaks for me and my dad. She asked me to go check on them, and she has them on the grill. I go take a look and the charcoal is still in pyramid, maybe a 1/2 inch from my juicy ribeye. Burnt to a crisp. So she goes to get new steaks, and comes back with a ****ing ny strip. Wtf

Well, i hope everyone enjoyed debating guns and bad presidential candidates on father's day, lol.

My wife always makes sure her and my son's go all out on father's day. This year, she wanted to grill the steaks for me and my dad. She asked me to go check on them, and she has them on the grill. I go take a look and the charcoal is still in pyramid, maybe a 1/2 inch from my juicy ribeye. Burnt to a crisp. So she goes to get new steaks, and comes back with a ****ing ny strip. Wtf

Its the thought that counts. :)

How do you feel about people wishing Happy Fathers day just assuming you are a father?  My wife hates it on Mothers day (we don't have children but are in our 30's so they just assume).  I got one on Sunday and it caught me off guard.  It didn't bother me I just said "thanks but I'm not a father".  My wife hates it and says it's wrong to just assume someone is a parent because of their age.  Personally, I don't give a crap.  How do you all feel?

How do you feel about people wishing Happy Fathers day just assuming you are a father? My wife hates it on Mothers day (we don't have children but are in our 30's so they just assume). I got one on Sunday and it caught me off guard. It didn't bother me I just said "thanks but I'm not a father". My wife hates it and says it's wrong to just assume someone is a parent because of their age. Personally, I don't give a crap. How do you all feel?

Merry Christmas.

Did you not have a father?

Just thank them and wish them Happy Holidays.

He actually passed away when I was a kid.  Not really sure how that relates to my question though.

Merry Christmas.

That was my response to her.  She said since it's a federal holiday, everyone celebrates it by getting a day off, etc.  So even if you aren't religious plus it has become more about spending time with family than about Jesus.  I don't really care that much.  I was just surprised that it bothered her that much and was wondering if anyone else had the same feeling.

Archived