Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Undrafted Free Agency

PokerPacker

Travis Greene is NICE! He has a legit shot of sticking on the roster.

I thought that we would draft a scatback as insurance given Thompson's injury history....looks like Greene could be that guy...pretty small 5' 10", 190 but he looks quick and pretty fast. Good rushing and receiving career stats too. Anyone see a legit 40 time for him?

Have we not learned anything from Seastrunk??  I'd like to see some pass blocking highlights from this kid.. Otherwise what's the point of having a speed scat back who can't pass protect to save his life?

I wanna see this Tevin Carter kid. He's built like ST, apparently has no where near his cover skills but look at these two highlights.. Who do they remind you of? I'm in no way shape of form saying he is him, but any safety, even cravens, if I even see a tackle or a play that reminds me of him I get a tingle..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFX6gLNxheU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0mh3g3nO2Y

Ugh, still don't know how to post video here..

When I read this I thought "yeah right", but after watching you're right it does bring back memories of Sean.  And that Interception return, dang, he may be faster than Sean....he was burning down the field!

When I read this I thought "yeah right", but after watching you're right it does bring back memories of Sean.  And that Interception return, dang, he may be faster than Sean....he was burning down the field!

IKR??? I mean the tackle alone, and how he carried himself after the hit. It took me back to 2004!!! I'm like DUDE THATS HIM!!!

Oregon QB Vernon Adams trying out for Redskins,among other as per bleacher report.

Love that move. Honestly give him a really good chance of beating out Sudfeld to a back up QB spot if he sticks here. Might have the best arm in the entire draft imo. Just his size thats turning off all the scouts. If he had an extra couple of inches he'd be in the day 2 conversation easy. Tore up the East-West Shrine game. Excited by the prospect of him getting a chance here. 

I wanna see this Tevin Carter kid. He's built like ST, apparently has no where near his cover skills but look at these two highlights.. Who do they remind you of? I'm in no way shape of form saying he is him, but any safety, even cravens, if I even see a tackle or a play that reminds me of him I get a tingle..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFX6gLNxheU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0mh3g3nO2Y

Ugh, still don't know how to post video here..

I saw some of the same things. And we're thin at Safety still, I think he might get in the mix.

My nephew goes to Richmond. WR Reggie Diggs is really impressive. He's 6'4, 210 with a 4.55 forty.

"big physical receiver who thrives at making catches in traffic down the seams and over the middle" Great leaping ability with a wide catch radius. Check him out. Could be real nice in the red zone catching those Kirk Cousins fade passes in the corner of the end zone.

Dom Jackson, with our OL coach? Can grow and learn. Great UDFA selection. We have Arie Kouandjio lined up, and now have Dom right behind. If we get a great center? This line should be sick. Callahan is the critical element, a la Bugel.

We dont speak evil...the "inj" bug. We need real depth, as we saw last year

Or players that are coachable and can improve through coaching maybe?

This is the thing that sticks in my mind. Perhaps, Reiter made the kind of jump with a year of practice that Moses did. Moses looked really raw and unready in his rookie year (mind you, we're judging off ten snaps or so), but looked really professional and solid last year. I suspect between Lavuao, Long, and Kuandjo (sp) we have our answer at left guard. Likewise, maybe in the off season they saw something they really liked in the growth of Ribs or Reiter, or think that Lich will be good enough to carry them through while they address other areas.

you guys are crazy, i see very clumsy cut backs and much slower stop and go than chris thompson.  he is no where near the level of potential as CT.

Last year was the first that Thompson actually produced. I still haven't seen enough "WOW" plays from him, but he began at least staying on the field and contributing. I don't know if he lost speed from the injuries or if it all comes down to our poor rush blocking, but he was supposed to be a homerun hitter with lightning speed. 

^^^ I wanted to come out of this draft with a solid C and G to improve the OL but I agree, it's reasonable to expect improvement from our own guys in year 2 under Callahan.

Also, while the run game struggled a lot last year and it doesn't appear we have done much to improve it, I really

Think we will move toward a pass heavy attack with the personnel we have on offense. I don't think that we will

Be trying to smash the ball down teams throats like we were are the beginning of last season when we tried to bring Cousins along slowly.

We saw what happened when the training wheels came off and we got more aggressive. That matches up with the personnel we have better.

We are going to score a lot of points this season IMO

Which will further help out our defense since it seems we have a stronger secondary and pass rush this year with DL and run stopping being the weakest part of the defense overall.

The two will compliment each other nicely

Yeah, I was wanting O line help too. What McCloughan said about QBs I sort of feel about O line. You can never have too many and should always draft a couple. This feels more true when you have an actual hole. Center was a weakness all year through. It was so-so with Lich at center and then a real problem afterwards (though Stabby did a pretty good job at pass pro)

Last year was the first that Thompson actually produced. I still haven't seen enough "WOW" plays from him, but he began at least staying on the field and contributing. I don't know if he lost speed from the injuries or if it all comes down to our poor rush blocking, but he was supposed to be a homerun hitter with lightning speed. 

The back we should have signed IMHO is Marshaun Coprich and unfortunately the Giants did. His production was incredible and he is a home-run hitter. I'm stunned he went undrafted. He has some baggage - selling marijuana. Not a big deal in my opinion. 

Perhaps, but I'm not excited about this Greene guy.  Sure, it looks like he has great straight line speed but I don't see how his running style can translate to success.  I'm not sure I've seen such non-sudden, rounded (whatever opposite of sharp would be lol) cuts from a small, scat-back type.  The only way he gets a sharp cut is when he does that jump cut, and then he loses a lot of steam and can't re-accelerate without a wide open field to build up that momentum again.  It's just my opinion.  I just don't see him as a camp crush kind of guy.

I think Maurice Harris is the type of guy that will make someone's roster (if not the Skins) or at least a practice squad.  Just looking at youtube videos I surprised he didn't get drafted.  Coming from a program like Cal, he will probably look real nice in pre-season action and get picked up somewhere if there is no room here.  

Just my opinion...but he looks much better than Diggs...looking at youtube videos.

I also wanted us to come out of the draft with a center, but I'd hardly say interior OL as a whole is a "major weakness." Lauvao was playing really well the first few weeks before his injury (and, significantly, we were piling up running yards) and Scherff is a major upgrade. Hopefully someone can play consistently at center this year.

Running game looked better when Lauvao was in there too.

Kory was probably a bit rusty for the playoff game and Ribs will have an entire offseason to work on C (although he hasn't been one to show up in great shape in the past, so making that last assumption might be dangerous).

Ever wonder why Jared Goff looked so good at Cal?

Check out his "go-to" guy Maurice Harris:

<STAFF EDIT, RULE 11, DON'T QUOTE PICS/VIDS/LARGE BLOCKS OF TEXT, MEMBER WARNED>

Don't hate me GP, but I really like this pickup as well. ;)

Archived