• Blog Entries

• By JimmiJo in ES Coverage
      ES Coverage: Giants vs Redskins 

12/9/18

DEFEAT!!!

Giants 40 - Redskins 16

Greetings friends, JimmiJo here, and I am joined by my shivering partner, Spaceman Spiff. Together we will bring you this all important NFC East divisional matchup between the Washington Redskins and New York Giants.

When I was last with you the Redskins had command of the division and there was optimism to spare. Since, devastating injuries to quarterbacks, linemen, and cornerbacks has left this team losers in 4-of-5 contests.

But there is still everything to play for, and if they can manage a victory today and the Eagles to the same Washington will once again have a share of the lead.

I can dream can't I?

On paper, the future looks grim. A continued collapse will start the questions about the future of personnel and perhaps leadership. Yes, we can certainly point to injuries as the primary reason the team is struggling. But the record earlier in the year was masking some issues with the squad. No real arial threat. An inconsistent running game. And a defense that has been anything but consistent.

But these are questions for another time. Today, it is just two teams looking for a win.

See you at the half.

Follow along on Twitter @Skinscast 

Inactives

The Redskins declared the following players as inactive:
      o   No. 12 QB Colt McCoy
      o   No. 32 RB Samaje Perine
      o   No. 46 RB Kapri Bibbs
      o   No. 52 LB Ryan Anderson
      o   No. 63 C Demetrius Rhaney
      o   No. 66 G Tony Bergstrom
      o   No. 99 DL Caleb Brantley

JimmiJo

I was happy to see players like Josh Johnson and Byron Marshall in the game. The marquee guys did not earn the right to play following the disastrous first half. It was historically bad.

Never before had the Washington Redskins trailed by as much as the 34-0 deficit they entertained today at the half.

I remarked to one of the writers that in 13-seasons I had never seen this team so outplayed as today. The offense led by Mark Sanchez was throw-up in mouth bad. At no point did you feel like they would or could score.

I tweeted before the game that it is time for Daniel Snyder to replaced head coach Jay Gruden. Yes injuries are the headline. But the offense was poor before the injuries.

No aerial threat and an inconsistent rushing. They only seemed to score 20-points per game.

What they did do well was hold on to the ball. And the defense was a takeover machine the first half of the year.
      But turnovers tend to even out.

So I was more than glad to see those ‘backups’ play. All they did was show they should have been playing in the first half.

Especially Johnson. Take a look at your Redskins’ starter the rest of the way. From his first snap the offense looked different. There was energy. There was life.

And there was threat.

Johnson played with more command, accuracy and imagination than Mark Sanchez. He looked much more the accomplished quarterback.

A word on Josh Doctson. You are an idiot. Without the stupid penalty you are not letting the safety out-position you to make the pick with 5-minutes left.

Following this game, staring at the standings and considering possible scenarios for getting in the playoffs is fools’ gold. It is all about assessing who it worth keeping for next year.

I don’t believe head coach Jay Gruden is going to make the list. Nor should he. He has had nore than enough time to do something here. He had Kirk Cousins’ starting over 3-full seasons.

He had his chance.

I tweeted before the game team owner Daniel Snyder should let Gruden go and bring in Mike McCarthy. Washington Post writer (and friend) Rick Snider made a great counterpoint to that idea:

“Why would McCarthy want to come here? He has better options,” he said.

That sure feels like the truth. And if so, it may explain why Gruden is fast becoming one of the most tenured coaches in the league.

This was my last game for this season. I would like to thank Extremeskins and the team for the opportunity this year. I will see you guys next year.

Let me go on the record now and say I do not think Jay Gruden's position here is secure. Not with the likes of Mike McCarthy available.
Sign in to follow this  
BornaSkinsFan83

The Giants...lol

LMAO at the Giants.  The funny thing is most of their fans thought by spending 200 million they would fix their Defense which in the past they laughed at us for thinking we can buy a good team.  What hypocrites.  Oh yea **** YOU Mara.  LOL>

21 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Football just isn't fun right now.

Like him or not, that was pretty funny, him making up with the kicking net.

I had major foot surgery this summer as a result of cumulative damage from playing OL in football. The problem was hallux rigidus which my orthopedic surgeon told me is also called lineman's toe. In fact, when I first went to see him he said he'd seen my x-ray and asked if I'd played OL. Anyway, it was a success (joint replacement) and I'm on the mend. However I was out of the office for 6 weeks. 

When I returned, my boss, a Gnats fan, had bought an OBJ Fathead and put various bits of it up in my office, including the life-size version of him catching a pass. Long story short, he got me good. It took me a while to figure out how to retaliate, but I finally came up with something. I put it in the toilet next to his office. 

20160930_165833_1476965877061_resized.jpg

**** OBJYN, **** Mara and **** the Giants!

Edited by MassSkinsFan
  • Like 9

On 10/5/2016 at 11:16 PM, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Josh Brown getting just a one game suspension is all the proof you need that **** Goodell is John Mara's ****. It's beyond absurd. 

Josh Brown admitted to physically and emotionally abusing his wife

Giants kicker Josh Brown admitted to physically and emotionally abusing his wife and called himself a sex-addicted "deviant" who viewed himself as "God" and his wife as "my slave", according to entries in his own journals, emails to his wife, and a letter he wrote to friends, which were obtained by SNY.

Those damning confessions came from journals and emails turned over to police by Brown's now ex-wife Molly, after the kicker was arrested in May 2015 and charged with a fourth-degree domestic violence assault, and released on Wednesday by the Kings County (Wash.) Sherriff's Office. The incident led to Brown being suspended for the Giants' season opener as punishment for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

Brown famously described the incident as "just a moment," even after police documents showed that Molly had accused him of "more than 20" instances of domestic violence. In his emails and journal entries -- part of 165 pages of documents released by the Kings County Sherriff -- he paints an entirely different picture.

"I have physically, mentally, emotionally and verbally been a repulsive man," Brown wrote in one of his journal entries. Just below that he circled the words "I have abused my wife."

Josh went even further in a letter he wrote to friends in March, 2014, apparently as part of his counseling sessions with Molly, saying his issues with his behavior towards women date back to when he was "molested as a young boy (around 6)".

"I have been a liar for most of my life," he wrote. "I made selfish decisions to use and abuse women starting at the age of 7 to fill this void. I objectified women and never really worried about the pain and hurt I caused them. My ability to connect emotionally to other people was zero. My empathy levels were zero.

"Because I never handled these underlying issues I became an abuser and hurt Molly physically, emotionally and verbally. I viewed myself as God basically and she was my slave."

Good lord...

The number one excuse used by American's today- I was sexually abused as a child.

Apparently we have 300+ million perverts in this country. (Yes hyperbole). 

My "personal" opinion is that out of every 100 that say they were sexually abused as a child, I believe about 20 of them.

In August, Giants president and CEO John Mara defended the team's decision to re-sign the kicker and said the team was "comfortable" retaining Brown.

"When we made the decision to re-sign Josh back in (2016), we were certainly aware of the arrest," Mara said. "We were also aware of the allegations associated with that arrest and the fact that the charges were dropped within a couple of days after the arrest. Based on the facts and circumstances that we were aware of at that time, we were comfortable with our decision to re-sign him."

Looking good Mara, you dumb ****ing cheating clown. 

What a joke. Guys get fined for celebrating, Brady gets suspended four games for allegedly deflating a ball, but a guy who abuses his wife only gets one game. Of course, he's a Giant, so there's that. If he were a Redskin he'd have gotten suspended for the season with consideration for a lifetime ban.

People laugh when I say NY teams/players get the benefit of the doubt and leagues tend to favor them but look at this crap, its absolutely true.

• Like 2

ooooh boy I am here for this. The always 110% professional, honorable, infallible NY Giants franchise and its amazing, fair owner is getting thoroughly exposed as the frauds they are. A long ****ing time coming. I'll I need is for Dancing Boy to finally breakdown and fight Eli and my life will be complete

Sucks that it takes a poor woman being emotionally and physically abused though.

**** Josh Brown and everyone that loves him.

And mothe**** John Mara

• Like 2

Josh brown did not travel with the team to London.   I guess they have to sign someone with a passport real quick.

19 minutes ago, scyber said:

Josh brown did not travel with the team to London.   I guess they have to sign someone with a passport real quick.

They could sign an Arsenal player but Arsenal is far to good for them.

They should stick to Tottenham players 

#soccerposts lol

Hey good for the NFL and the Giants to re open their investigation on this piece of ****.

I guess only when the public know the player you stood behind and gave an extension is ****, that's time to re think some things.

Only thing NFL cares about is its image.

• Like 1

Watched a little of the game last night.  I was like, "where the hell is Robbie Gould?"  That's how out of sorts I am this year as to who is where in the league.  Then I see that the Giants just shipped him over to London to replace the sexual deviant.

Why am I not seeing any articles about how "dysfunctional" the Giants are?...they've certainly had more than their share of drama and PR black eyes to deal with.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Cant say Im super surprised. Josh Brown always came across as a douche bag.

:ols: How so? He never even speaks! He's a damn kicker!