Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Giants...lol

BornaSkinsFan83

9 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

They are??? Oh man. Please, lead me to this interview or wherever this snipe between them is happening :D 

OBJ: Attacking Eagles CBs wasn't in Giants' plan

Odell Beckham Jr. questioned the Giants' game plan on Sunday after his team was unable to exploit an Eagles secondary that was decimated by injuries and lost 25-22.

Shurmur defends game plan after OBJ's gripe

Pat Shurmur said Odell Beckham Jr.'s comments that attacking the Eagles' depleted secondary wasn't in the Giants' game plan were "one man's opinion after an emotional loss."

• Haha 2

On 11/25/2018 at 5:50 PM, Hooper said:

G-Men got robbed by the officials on the last drive. It's staggering how bad the officials have been in recent weeks with pass interference penalties

The Giants were out of the playoff race even if they won.

The NFL is more profitable with an exciting three-way NFC East race in December, a race that includes both their special favorite team, the Cowboys, and last year's Super Bowl winners, the Eagles.  They definitely didn't want a weak Redskins team to clinch the division on Thanksgiving.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ha Ha, the NFL Network side swipes Gettelman's boasting after the draft:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001028944/article/gettleman-in-3-years-well-find-out-how-crazy-i-am

Gettleman, however, is belligerent in his self-assurance.

"The bottom line is, I have confidence in what I do and who I am," he told King. "I've been a part of organizations that had pretty good quarterbacks -- Jim Kelly, John Elway, Kerry Collins, Eli Manning, Cam Newton. I've led a charmed life with the quarterbacks on the teams I've worked for. I know what good ones look like. The other thing is, résumés matter. Every once in a while, I wish the people taking the shots would take a minute to look at my résumé. I've been a part of teams that went to seven Super Bowls. I had a hand in some of them. But today, there's no patience. And there's no room for civil discourse in our society, which I find sad."....

Then this from the NFL Network in the same article:

..."His first QB selection as a general manager came last year when the Giants made Kyle Lauletta a fourth-round pick."

2 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Ha Ha, the NFL Network side swipes Gettelman's boasting after the draft:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001028944/article/gettleman-in-3-years-well-find-out-how-crazy-i-am

Gettleman, however, is belligerent in his self-assurance.

"The bottom line is, I have confidence in what I do and who I am," he told King. "I've been a part of organizations that had pretty good quarterbacks -- Jim Kelly, John Elway, Kerry Collins, Eli Manning, Cam Newton. I've led a charmed life with the quarterbacks on the teams I've worked for. I know what good ones look like. The other thing is, résumés matter. Every once in a while, I wish the people taking the shots would take a minute to look at my résumé. I've been a part of teams that went to seven Super Bowls. I had a hand in some of them. But today, there's no patience. And there's no room for civil discourse in our society, which I find sad."....

Then this from the NFL Network in the same article:

..."His first QB selection as a general manager came last year when the Giants made Kyle Lauletta a fourth-round pick."

Oh man am I rooting for this guy to fail miserably. "There's no room for civil discourse" and also "Check my resume and hold these Superbowl rings ya **** as fans OF MY TEAM"

Lol. Swell guy. Super good at this stuff.   

https://deadspin.com/dave-gettleman-now-has-everything-riding-on-daniel-jone-1834379881

Direct Gettlemen quote:

“The bottom line is, I have confidence in what I do and who I am,” he said. “I’ve been a part of organizations that had pretty good quarterbacks—Jim Kelly, John Elway, Kerry Collins, Eli Manning, Cam Newton. I’ve led a charmed life with the quarterbacks on the teams I’ve worked for. I know what good ones look like. The other thing is, résumés matter. Every once in a while, I wish the people taking the shots would take a minute to look at my résumé. I’ve been a part of teams that went to seven Super Bowls. I had a hand in some of them. But today, there’s no patience. And there’s no room for civil discourse in our society, which I find sad.”

The top comment from the article is also gold:

skim172Tom Ley

“I’ve been a part of organizations that had pretty good quarterbacks—Jim Kelly, John Elway, Kerry Collins, Eli Manning, Cam Newton. I’ve led a charmed life with the quarterbacks on the teams I’ve worked for. I know what good ones look like.

Just gonna unpack this a bit. Jim Kelly was drafted in 1983, three years before Gettleman was hired by the Bills, as an intern. John Elway was also drafted in 1983, 11 years before Gettleman was hired by the Broncos, as a scout.

Kerry Collins was drafted in 1995, four years before both Collins and Gettleman would end up on the Giants. If Gettleman wants to claim credit for bringing in Kerry Collins as a free agent, after he drank his way out of Carolina, then fair enough - but Collins is a “Super Bowl quarterback” in the same manner that a Yugo on fire is technically “a road-legal vehicle”.

Eli Manning was drafted in 2004, when Gettleman was the Giants pro personnel director; however, everyone is well aware that it was Ernie Accorsi, the GM, who engineered the move with the Chargers after Eli threw his tantrum.

Lastly, Cam Newton was drafted in 2011, two years before Gettleman arrived there as GM.

So you can’t really say Gettleman really had a hand in drafting any of these quarterbacks. Gettleman’s only QB draftees as a GM came in 2017 with Davis Webb, 2018 with Kyle Lauletta, and of course, 2019 with Eli Manning’s Stunt Double.

Based on his exact words, he seems to be either saying that he’s developed a sense of what being around a good QB “feels” like based on long-term exposure - or that he is “charmed” and that all quarterbacks who associate with him are blessed by the gypsies to succeed in the NFL/fail in the Super Bowl.

Edited by GhostofSparta
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:12 PM, Llevron said:

Oh man am I rooting for this guy to fail miserably. "There's no room for civil discourse" and also "Check my resume and hold these Superbowl rings ya **** as fans OF MY TEAM"

Lol. Swell guy. Super good at this stuff.   

Picking Jones in the 1st round could be questioned, but picking him at 6 is pure madness.

I have to admit , I have enjoyed the general reaction to Giants drafting Jones at 6.  Very entertaining.  Although I generally think like many things, I think people need to chill. By all accounts Jones is not a world beater, but could not do much more with the lack of talent and general incompetence around him at college.  Time will tell.

4 minutes ago, Brixtion_skin said:

Picking Jones in the 1st round could be questioned, but picking him at 6 is pure madness.

I have to admit , I have enjoyed the general reaction to Giants drafting Jones at 6.  Very entertaining.  Although I generally think like many things, I think people need to chill. By all accounts Jones is not a world beater, but could not do much more with the lack of talent and general incompetence around him at college.  Time will tell.

I feel you but unfortunately I dont have alot of confidence that this will change much at the next level. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1/8/2020 at 5:03 PM, dyst said:

Interesting the Giants didn’t go with Bieniemy the offensive coordinator for the Chiefs but instead went with Joe Judge.

Interesting is a word for it.  Apart from the NE connection I see no logic in this move at all.  Hopefully it will take NYG 2 years to realize the mistake.  I think Stephen A Smith's view is spot on.

Edited by Brixtion_skin
typo
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Brixtion_skin said:

Interesting is a word for it.  Apart from the NE connection I see no logic in this move at all.  Hopefully it will take NYG 2 years to realize the mistake.  I think Stephen A Smith's view is stop on.

Yup.

• 2 weeks later...