Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Giants...lol

BornaSkinsFan83

Ian Rappaport

@RapSheet

For Olivier Vernon and the #Giants, I'm told it's the biggest defensive end deal in history with the most guaranteed money

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/707687051253178368

More guaranteed cash than JJ Watt. Ok then.

Joe Giglio

‏@JoeGiglioSports

The Giants have spent $200M on four players in an hour.

https://twitter.com/JoeGiglioSports/status/707690197232836609

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83
  • Like 1

Sheesh ... Mike and Mike said today that not only are they now the clear  hands down favorite to win the East, they are now one of the "elite" teams in the NFC! 

THEY WERE 6-10. If they were 8-8 or 9-7, okay ... but 6-10.  Don't give me that, they "lost a lot of close games" excuse. We all lose our share of close games. 

Man, I just hope this spending spree blows up in their face like the "Dream Team" Eagles from a few years back. 

Edited by gortiz
  • Like 3

I've been saying, I never thought I'd see the day where we would be the most stable organization in the division. And it blows my mind that we've been mocked for two decades and then they are now turning around and adopting the same strategies that earned us the mocking.

This is gonna be really, really fun. I've been waiting a really long time to be able to proudly talk **** as a Skins fan.

• Like 3

Mike Francesa was drooling over the moves yesterday. I couldn't help but remember when our local media would be ecstatic over our offseason moves, gave me a nice little chuckle.

I'm surprised the old fart could even stay awake to know what moves they made while on the air. Narcoleptic fool.

oh man, it sure is interesting listening to national and NY media fawn over all of this.

Mike and Mike, who, make no mistake, are not confused with actual sports minds..  actually did a commercial teaser yesterday that said "Potential SUPER BOWL day on the first day of free agency, we'll tell you who after this".

The Giants, haha.

Honestly,,   it's funny because it took Dan Snyder less time to learn that this doesn't work than the media has, even though the criticisms of Dan's annual sprees were long, loud and loaded with laughter.

Now these are "super Bowl moves".

Couple that with the notion that the national media STILL seems to assign "overpaying free agents with big splashy deals" to the Redskins, and we haven't been that for nearly a DECADE.

Just goes to show,, once the narrative sticks, it doesn't matter if it's true anymore.

It's lazy, unprofessional, and par for the course from those who cover the league.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 5

The Giants also have a draft to improve as well.  It isn't like they are going to rest solely on free agents.

True, but we're all laughing because we've seen similar FA sprees before and they've always ended in tears. We can't say for sure that the Gnats will fail to live up to the hype, but based on our own experiences we think there's a good chance.

HE LIVES

I was going to say that I didn't know that the Giants had hired Vinny.

The Giants also have a draft to improve as well.  It isn't like they are going to rest solely on free agents.

And they're going to be better than they were last year, most likely, especially on defense. 

They couldn't get any worse, they had a lot of money to spend, and they had the worst defense in the league.

I don't blame them for spending the money. But what we've learned here in Washington ("Here we are in Washington" - Bob Ryan) is that when you spend that amount of money on a few players, it leaves you pretty thin elsewhere.  And one or two injuries in the wrong spot can cause you to have a 41 year old Right Tackle (Brown), or a 6th round rookie (Rambo) having much larger roles than they should...

• Like 1

The giants had so much cap space b/c of their poor drafting 2010-2013.    Good players from 2010-2012 drafts should be the core the of the team and should be on their 2nd contract.   Unfortunately they may not have any players from the 2011 and 2012 draft on their roster by the start of the season.    I don't think the Giants want to build a team via FA, they just didn't have many options and had the cash to spend.

The #'s were high, but with the way the cap has been going up, all of the FA players are getting huge deals. 

They focused on D b/c that was the horrible unit last year.  Ranked 32nd in the league and just being overall a historically bad defense.   Offense was rated much higher.    They've rebuilt the OL the last few years (2 #1s and 1 #2), but they still need some help on the right side.    Also a #2 WR (since cruz is a big ??? right now).

This is sad but I don't know who Olivier Vernon.

It's not sad, I didn't either.  He had 7.5 sacks last year and has never had more then 11.5.  I can understand wanting to improve that defense, but we'd get absolutely ridiculed for paying this guy more then JJ Watt. This feels like something you do to try and get one or two more runs before Eli retires, too, not a rebuild.

They are working on it.  They still have around $25 million left.  They have spoken with Okung and are going to speak with Penn.  OL is the next priority and they are working on it.

Man I hope you guys sign Penn :lol:

Doesn't he average one holding penalty per 10 plays or something like that?

The worst thing for a franchise is a desperate GM that makes panic moves to try to save his own job, instead of moves that are in his team's long term best interest.

Eli is 47, they're all in. 

Like the Saints went for Brees a couple of years back and their cap still sucks because of it.  Real talk, that's the only reason that Payton is still the HC.  They know no one wants to go there in that current situation and it's their best chance to sneak into the playoffs.

These RARELY work out.

The worst thing for a franchise is a desperate GM that makes panic moves to try to save his own job, instead of moves that are in his team's long term best interest.

Eli is 47, they're all in. 

Like the Saints went for Brees a couple of years back and they're cap still sucks because of it.  Real talk, that's the only reason that Payton is still the HC.  They know no one wants to go there in that current situation and it's their best chance to sneak into the playoffs.

These RARELY work out.

Edited by DC9

No No No....that's the worst thing if you're a FAN of that team. 

It's the BEST thing if you're a fan of an opposing team in the same division. 

Oh, and it's even better when you're a fan of an opposing team in the same division AND the owner of that team is **** Mara.

Anything bad happening to that asshole is...karma. **** Mara...

Edited by GoSkins0721
  • Like 2

And now they have squatters

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/03/the_giants_wont_kick_former_coach_tom_coughlin_out.html

The Giants won't kick former coach Tom Coughlin out of the building

Even though he's no longer the coach, Tom Coughlin still meanders over to the Giants facility in East Rutherford several days a week to squeeze in the early-morning workout that has become such a part of his daily routine for the past decade.

It should seem awkward, considering Coughlin no longer has a position in the organization. It's almost as if he's George Costanza in "Seinfeld" posing as a Yankees employee even though he doesn't work there.

Coughlin's presence, along with strange pacing of former strength and conditioning coach Jerry Palmieri, has raised some eyebrows at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center. But it's nothing the Giants seem intent on changing.

Continued at link....