Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

1 hour ago, Mournblade said:

Why? His story has been told already. Not just in the Prequels, but in the Clone Wars TAS. Ad nauseum. 

The Mandalorian seems far more interesting. 

Because he's an awesome character and there is about a 20 year period that we haven't seen where there could be a lot of interesting stories. For example, Vader tells Luke that Obi Wan once thought as he did. When? Last we saw Obi Wan he thought he had killed Anakin, so an Obi Wan series could have that interaction. There is a lot of stuff like that. 

• Thanks 1

Whoever that Dark Rey is I don't think it's the same Rey as in the rest of the movie. If you pause it and look closely she's much paler, more gaunt, and seems to have the Sith eyes. Whoever/whatever that is appears full on dark side I think which doesn't happen overnight. So I think it's either a vision of a possible future (like Luke saw in the cave on Dagobah) that Rey has to come to terms with, or it could be a clone.

If Palpatine has been around this whole time and pulling the strings behind the scenes there's no telling what that dude has been up to. if there was one thing he was good at it was patient strategic planning.   (Well, and force lighting, and lightsaber dueling, and....pretty much anything else Force related. Easily one of the most powerful Sith to ever live IMO).

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

The glaring issue I see with the whole Dark Rey being a vision/dream is the lightsaber. They wouldn't construct a lightsaber with such a major feature like being attached on hinge just for a dream sequence. 

To me, it basically narrows it down to three possibilities in order of most likely:

1. A clone

2. Rey is possessed (Palp?)

3. She turns to the Dark Side.

On a side note; Anyone here into saber building? Been long time major geek fantasy of mine, and I've been researching for years whether to outright buy one from the major sellers, or building my own. I'm leaning towards the latter, but it requires soldering and electrical knowledge. Wondering if anyone here can be of assistance?

Edited by Rogue Jedi

6 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

The glaring issue I see with the whole Dark Rey being a vision/dream is the lightsaber. They wouldn't construct a lightsaber with such a major feature like being attached on hinge just for a dream sequence. 

To me, it basically narrows it down to three possibilities in order of most likely:

1. A clone

On a side note; Anyone here into saber building? Been long time major geek fantasy of mine, and I've been researching for years whether to outright buy one from the major sellers, or building my own. I'm leaning towards the latter, but it requires soldering and electrical knowledge. Wondering if anyone here can be of assistance?

Fair point, but instead of a pure vision it could have been a vision of a possible future. Like I mentioned she looked more gaunt and a bit older even so maybe it was something like that. Another thing I noticed is that she looked almost...not quite real. That may just be an artifact of it being some early CGI that isn't 100% completed but it could be more. 

And yeah I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if it was a clone either. Maybe that image she had of all of the Reys in TLJ actually meant more than we thought. Possessed by Palpatine is another possibility I thought of but we hear his voice so I'd be more inclined to think he's actually a force ghost (or whatever the dark side equivalent is)...but who knows. His use of clones isn't unprecedented via the novelizations (though some of those aren't considered canon anymore).

My only problem with the "Rey turning to the dark side" theory is....that would be a really big thing to reveal such an early trailer. I'm a bit more likely to believe that Abrams and co. are throwing it in as a bit of a mind****, which they've done in the past. Sort of like in TFA when basically whole lead up gave the impression that Finn was the main Jedi character and Rey was more of a secondary one. 

• Like 1

You know, I've been very supportive of the Disney trilogy up to this point, far more so than most, but that trailer is ****ing awful. It looks like something a fan cut together in an hour.

Rey with the Swiss army knife light saber and Terminator C3PO was hilarious. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

1. A clone

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

You know, I've been very supportive of the Disney trilogy up to this point, far more so than most, but that trailer is ****ing awful. It looks like something a fan cut together in an hour.

Rey with the Swiss army knife light saber and Terminator C3PO was hilarious. 

To be fair, that isn't some rando new made up design. In the Clone Wars animated series some of guards at the Jedi temple had the same hinged design, but they were yellow.

Also the droid with red eye thing was in previous canon. It meant the droid's programming had been hacked. A hacked C3PO might be able to be turned into a decent spur of the moment combat Droid if say Finn or Poe or Rey were outnumbered. Much more useful than a protocol Droid. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Also the droid with red eye thing was in previous canon. It meant the droid's programming had been hacked. A hacked C3PO might be able to be turned into a decent spur of the moment combat Droid if say Finn or Poe or Rey were outnumbered. Much more useful than a protocol Droid. 

What about C-3P0 has ever given the impression he could do anything in combat other than be a casualty?

• Haha 1

If that's "hacked" C3PO, then I'm joining in the crowd who believes the Emperor has possessed or at least heavily influenced Rey. Seems like a consistent theme. 

I'm not ready for the reveal that Rey is a clone. The theory is absolutely plausible, but it changes the Disney trilogy in that drains all the emotion out of her arc. All this hand-wringing about her past and she was made in a lab? Lame.

It's also very, very similar to the conclusion of a certain popular anime...

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

What about C-3P0 has ever given the impression he could do anything in combat other than be a casualty?

He's a casualty as a protocol Droid. At least in theory, the hack would override his programming and he'd at least think about shooting something or carrying a wespon. But yeah, nothing really. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

15 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

He's a casualty as a protocol Droid. At least in theory, the hack would override his programming and he'd at least think about shooting something or carrying a wespon. But yeah, nothing really. 

• Haha 3

I'm going for a darth maul build, but not quite as complex as this:

There's empty hilts available online, and I'm reading tutorials on circuit soldering and wiring. If I can pull something like this off, I'd be ecstatic. 

I'm not a virgin, i swear! :806:

• Haha 1

As far as sabers...building one sounds cool and all but I'm just a bit too lazy so I splurged and bought one from Saberforge. It was expensive but the build quality is like a tank...had it for years and could probably hammer nails with it (or kill Jedi) all day and it would still work. Also has awesome sound effects and lighting. Of course I got mine in red....because look at this thing. How can it possibly be anything other than a dark side lightsaber?

f23fca35e3899549bd077133da3f2f58.jpg

new_bane.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm more curious how he feels about sand. Or the importance of the high ground. 

You know...I think that ROS poster kinda gave away the entire ending of the movie. Kylo obviously has the high ground so he wins and Rey loses. 

• Haha 1

Just now, mistertim said:

You know...I think that ROS poster kinda gave away the entire ending of the movie. Kylo obviously has the high ground so he wins and Rey loses. 

Well, no need to see it now. I'll just read the 87 think pieces that come out afterwards.

8 hours ago, mistertim said:

As far as sabers...building one sounds cool and all but I'm just a bit too lazy so I splurged and bought one from Saberforge. It was expensive but the build quality is like a tank...had it for years and could probably hammer nails with it (or kill Jedi) all day and it would still work. Also has awesome sound effects and lighting. Of course I got mine in red....because look at this thing. How can it possibly be anything other than a dark side lightsaber?

f23fca35e3899549bd077133da3f2f58.jpg

new_bane.jpg

what is the actual light part made of? Do you have to attach it separately?