Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Its April 10 and we still haven't seen a trailer for EP9. Why the delay. Maybe Kathleen has fired JJ. 

There's an EP9 panel with JJ and Kennedy on Friday at Star Wars Celebration.  A teaser trailer and the official title will more then likely be released then.  Or at least the title will be announced with possibly a trailer coming a week later.  There will definitely be an EP9 trailer running before Endgame.  

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’d rather set a new game before the events of any movies. I’m still

interested to see how this plays out 

The tagline got me really intrigued: “Don’t stand out.” That's a cool as **** concept: Draw too much attention to yourself and you get to deal with Bounty Hunters and Inquisitors (If you haven't watched Rebels, do so). I haven't been this geeked up for a Star Wars game since...well...ever.

so many questions. This is what intrigued me the most about TFA and then TLJ. The mystery of it all. Diving into the more, the past, how the actions of the previous 6 movies have made their way into this. 

We heard stories about what happened before.

“It’s true, all of it.”

Luke’s severed hand floating thru space in an early script, any potential links to pay characters for Rey, Kylo’s history with Luke and the Knights of Ren etc.

they had a lot of mystery and world building and connecting to do and sadly lot of that has been largely ignored, leaving me disappointed. 

This does a good job bringing me a little hope back, with the Palpatine laugh. Maybe we will expand on this. 

Still so many questions. What an odd title. What good can come of bringing palpatine back at this point? I wonder if he will be linked to Snoke somehow, making him

the true overarching villain of the entire 9 movies. Then again, I think a clear time jump occurs here so who knows. 

This one seemed personal, not so resistance/first order heavy. 

Palpatine is Rey’s dad somehow. Some lab creation. Her growth in the force is what gave him The power to return. Sort of a fail safe measure. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Palpatine is Rey’s dad somehow. Some lab creation. Her growth in the force is what gave him The power to return. Sort of a fail safe measure. 

So Rey is a Horcrux?

I also felt it was an odd title, but as much as I was disappointed in TLJ, they always find a way to bring me back in.

• Like 1

I definitely don't like the title, but those have never been overly clever or impressive. 

I like that it seems less grand and more focused on the main characters...to me, even though there were battles going on, that's how Return of the Jedi felt to me also. I'm excited to see it and close out the saga.

I will also be excited to see if their long-term plan is another trilogy starting up or just the one-off movies.