Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

gr.hq.of.bS, 

Since you're so interested in mining and probably other forms of harvesting and dredging perhaps this Bespin career recruitment video is the thing for you!

Do they offer a 401K plan? Is it a union shop? How much of the work is subject to prevailing wage law?

Spice mining is the lucrative industry in the Star Wars universe. Basically their version of heroin. Tibanna mining can't compete no matter how good the 401k matching the empire is willing to offer.

Do their eyes turn blue and do they control giant worms too? "He who controls the spice controls the universe."

Spice mining is the lucrative industry in the Star Wars universe. Basically their version of heroin. Tibanna mining can't compete no matter how good the 401k matching the empire is willing to offer.

Star Wars?  You mean Dune.

dune_spicemining.jpg

I felt that TFA had too many handy plot holes IMO.  The way the saber was found in the box at Maz's place was weak.  I liked the original idea that Max Sydow's character had the saber rather than a map, but for me, its like this:

-Han is looking for the Falcon, can't find it for years.  

-Rey steals it and within minutes, Han finds it

-Takes Rey to Maz's place where the lightsaber summons Rey

Sure, you can say it was the will of the force, but at that point, you may as well have midichlorians running the show.  

Weak IMO.

Those aren't plot holes, that's the hero of destiny trope. Poor kid living a simple life, suddenly caught up in extraordinary events that pushes them towards something they initially do not want, but they soon discover they are important. She even found a magic sword.

Luke was the hero of destiny in the original. The robed wizard showing up to train him gave it away. :)

• Like 1

Those aren't plot holes, that's the hero of destiny trope. Poor kid living a simple life, suddenly caught up in extraordinary events that pushes them towards something they initially do not want, but they soon discover they are important. She even found a magic sword.

Luke was the hero of destiny in the original. The robed wizard showing up to train him gave it away. :)

Yeah, but Obi Wan was there watching over him all along.  :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I like that a lot

That's neat.  I always thought Darth Vader was a pupil of Obiwan's and that the Vader killed Anakin, according to that scene from the first SW movie from 1977.  Seeing it re-cut now explains it.  Guess Obiwan was being a bit coy the whole time, answering Luke's question but not really giving him "the whole truth."

That's neat. I always thought Darth Vader was a pupil of Obiwan's and that the Vader killed Anakin, according to that scene from the first SW movie from 1977. Seeing it re-cut now explains it. Guess Obiwan was being a bit coy the whole time, answering Luke's question but not really giving him "the whole truth."

You can't really be saying you didn't know anakin and Vader are the same person until seeing that video. Are you?

You can't really be saying you didn't know anakin and Vader are the same person until seeing that video. Are you?

Hes a sci-final troll....the type of person To goto a star wars movie and say live long and prosper, goto star trek and say na-noo na-noo, May the force be with you

I was never a particularly big fan of the original trilogy, so I just was going by what I saw in EP 3 where Anakin was killed by Obiwan.  Seemed logical, and then Darth Vader was Luke's father in one of the original movies too.  So I just figured that Luke was not really Darth Vader's son maybe.  Frankly never hashed it out, too much going on.

Hes a sci-final troll....the type of person To goto a star wars movie and say live long and prosper, goto star trek and say na-noo na-noo, May the force be with you

Xameil is partially correct that I tend to mix the universes of these movies together, by no fault of my own though.  I also recall having a theory that Han Solo was not really dead that caused quite a few rather passionate responses.  So I did some research, and even though I may be wrong i also may be correct.  See link:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Han-Solo-Star-Wars-Future-Less-Certain-Than-We-Thought-104977.html

I think the best part about these types of movies (Star Wars, Star Trek, Mork and Mindy, Starship Troopers, After Earth) is that the possibilities are endless.  Your imagination can run in any direction, and you could be right.  Good old fashioned fun for kids too, without all the sex and violence you see in much of the stuff out there on TV or at the Cinema.

Edited by grhqofb5

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, PCS said:

Think the board software is still getting itself straight,so the Rogue One thread is unavailable right now. So this will do for now. :) 

MultiQuote

Is...is...that this coming Thursday?! As in tomorrow?! As in the Skins 1st preseason game too?!

fca.gif