Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

Just watched the last Mandalorian. 

And I'm really having trouble figuring out where this fits in the timeline. Supposedly the Empire is gone. But there's still plenty when they want them. Our soldier is supposedly from Alderan?  A group of sorcerers called the Jedi?

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Just watched the last Mandalorian. 

And I'm really having trouble figuring out where this fits in the timeline. Supposedly the Empire is gone. But there's still plenty when they want them. Our soldier is supposedly from Alderan?  A group of sorcerers called the Jedi?

It’s 5-7 years after ROTJ. The empire as a collective organization running the galaxy is gone but there are still pockets of imperials and imperial groups working either for their own interests or to establish the control again. The group we encounter in the Mandalorian are part of a faction reporting to Moff Gideon. We don’t know what their goal is yet only that they are stayed under New Republic radar for now. 

i suspect they want baby Yoda for some excitement to help bring Palpatine back  

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

32 minutes ago, Larry said:

So "the empire is gone" after the OT. But when the sequels come around, the rebellion is down to their last gasp, again?

how long do you think it takes to establish democracy across an entire galaxy? 

plus the resistance is basically a spec ops force of the new republic to keep up PR. They aren’t on their last gasp in TFA from what I recall they just don’t have the open backing of the new republic army (if there is one?) plus the new republic leadership and capital are all wiped out in TFA which is what basically makes the resistance all that’s left as the rest of the galaxy cowers in fear 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 9:12 PM, Larry said:

So "the empire is gone" after the OT. But when the sequels come around, the rebellion is down to their last gasp, again?

When the sequels come around there is a pretty robust New Republic government. Star Killer base wipes them out in the Force Awakens. The Resistance is the evolution of the Rebel alliance.

3 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

This baby Yoda, reincarnation or another by association?

In episode 7 Kuiil said he didn't look strand-cast because he's evolved.  I took that to mean he's not a clone like some have theorized.  So he's either Yoda's offspring or just one of his kind.    

On 1/6/2020 at 2:24 PM, Hersh said:

@bearrock @The Evil Genius and @TK

Thank you guys for the Star Wars Rebels recommendation. My son and I just finished season 1. I can't let him binge watch as much as I want, gotta be a semi-responsible dad, but he loves it as do I. 

This may help when you get to the Clone Wars.

Clone Wars correct viewing order

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Yeah, the Trevorrow script is pretty cool. Might have been the movie in the ST if it had been made.

Instead we got the ROS abomination. Nice going, Kathleen. 

Kathleen sucks. She is also to blame for hiring Trevorrow in the first place. What has he made? A crap fest in Book of Henry and one of the rehashes of Jurassic Park. His script doesn’t sound that promising to me. Rehashing a Vader scene in from Empire and a couple of clone wars episodes wouldn’t necessarily make it better not with that dude directing. 

Kathleen needed to go long ago. She has no talent. She has never created anything. Married a dude in the industry and attached herself to Spielberg and Lucas. 

On 1/14/2020 at 5:59 PM, SoCalSkins said:

Kathleen needed to go long ago. She has no talent. She has never created anything. Married a dude in the industry and attached herself to Spielberg and Lucas. 

Worse, she seems to obstruct talent.

But given how succesful ROS has been @ the BO, she aint going anywhere soon, sadly.