Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

maybe for the same reason Obi wan and Yoda never did a thing to stop the empire either until Luke shows up on his door. If R2 doesn’t go looking for Obi Wan causing Luke to chase after, Luke is massacred by storm troopers in his sleep because Obi Wan and Yoda sat around for 20 years with their dicks in their hands

I will say, the ST has done a poor job explaining how the FO came to power and how Snoke even crossed paths with Kylo and was able to get to him while under Luke’s training. But that could take a whole movie to explain simile to Anakin. 

I believe we've been through this.  But they did do things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I will say, the ST has done a poor job explaining how the FO came to power and how Snoke even crossed paths with Kylo and was able to get to him while under Luke’s training. But that could take a whole movie to explain simile to Anakin. 

What if... what if we’re watching episodes 10-12 and they are going to make three prequel sequels in 15 years. It’ll be more garbage.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bearrock said:

Now on to more important question.  If you can use the force, would you hold your thingy down there with your hand during certain activity or use the forc....  Is this the kind of discussion that will get me banned?

you get used to your hand. The force is a nice bit of strange 

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

I believe we've been through this.  But they did do things.

Speaking specifically of what is shown in the movies here that’s all since I haven’t read books, comics or watched rebels filling in the plot holes from the movies . If you watch the saga films there is nothing that happens or is referenced to happen between ROTS and ANH and neither Obi Wan or Yoda did anything to intervene or safeguard Luke, the galaxy’s last hope.

He was hours away from being killed and Obi Wan is miles and miles away in the desert oblivious to what is going on with the droids, Luke and troopers

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Speaking specifically of what is shown in the movies here that’s all since I haven’t read books, comics or watched rebels filling in the plot holes from the movies . If you watch the saga films there is nothing that happens or is referenced to happen between ROTS and ANH and neither Obi Wan or Yoda did anything to intervene or safeguard Luke, the galaxy’s last hope.

He was hours away from being killed and Obi Wan is miles and miles away in the desert oblivious to what is going on with the droids, Luke and troopers

At the end of ROTS, Obi wan directly says, I will take the child and watch over him, and then he's there when Luke has issues with the Sand People in ANH.

He literally directly intervenes to safeguard Luke from the Sand People, and he appear to come out of nowhere.  It is like he was watching Luke.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 12:36 PM, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

That's as far as I got into the Expanded Universe too.

I quickly realized that I just didn't need books on the adventures of Wedge or whatever.

The best EU books in my opinion are the Darth Bane trilogy. They really get into the history of the Sith and the rule of 2. Awesome books. I wish they would do a story like that as a series instead of going back to Tatooine with Obi Wan. 

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

He is way more bad ass than the Batman Bane.

Horse****. Batman Bane would straight up snap Star Wars Bane’s spine.

edit: I looked it up. They fought once before and Batman Bane won... pretty easily. Then he 69ed Darth Bane’s momma right in front of him.

One interesting thing that I learned though, I had always wondered why Darth Bane had a colostomy bag. Apparently it’s from when Batman Bane ripped out his bowel and fed it to him.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

To be fair, they did a really poor job explaining how the Emipire came to power and how Palpatine even crossed paths with Anakin and to get him while under Obi Wan's training...Like really poor.

7 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

To be fair, they did a really poor job explaining how the Emipire came to power and how Palpatine even crossed paths with Anakin and to get him while under Obi Wan's training...Like really poor.

Difference is that was a brand new movie telling the story of a long existing battle that we as viewers were coming into the middle of. Now we have an established history that we can look back onto and build off of and that you have to take into account. So you didnt have the issue/responsibility explaining what happened in the last 30 years to cause all of this. How these characters we know so well are now so different or how they get into such different circumstances.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Difference is that was a brand new movie telling the story of a long existing battle that we as viewers were coming into the middle of. Now we have an established history that we can look back onto and build off of and that you have to take into account. So you didnt have the issue/responsibility explaining what happened in the last 30 years to cause all of this. How these characters we know so well are now so different or how they get into such different circumstances.

Image result for maz kanata story for another time

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I'll point out that I don't like the last 2 movies, but this isn't something that I have much of an issue with in this particular case (i.e. having an antagonist).  They have to skip a bunch of years because of the age of the characters, and they can't really well tell the back story other than through conversations and narration.  And most people don't want to go to a movie to hear characters or a narrator discuss how they got into that situation.

They had to have an antagonist and it didn't make much sense taking screen time to describe how the antagonist came to be.  I think especially in the context of antagonist, that sort of thing is fine and is pretty common in sci fi movies.  The original Terminator movies never really describe how skynet came to be in terms of taking over.  Etc.

(Now, given that you had Snoke and where the story was, how they handled him was bad.  It was like the 2nd writers/directors said I don't find him interesting and Kylo is much more interesting.  Let's just kill the uninteresting guy and move on without worrying about any consistency or continuity with the Star Wars universe.)

Edited by PeterMP

After watching all 3 episodes, I feel pretty good now that the Mandalorian is not Boba Fett. The reason for my change of heart is simply because if he were Boba Fett he would already died 45 times at least thru 3 episodes. 

I’ll admit, I Immediately started feeling better when he didn’t trip while stepping out of his ship door that’s a few feet off the ground and fall to his death. That was a good sign because I’m not sure Boba makes it out of that scenario alive. 

also, this went in a direction I never expected and I’m excited about the mystery of what’s to come, specifically,  for one particular character. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 10:42 PM, PeterMP said:

At the end of ROTS, Obi wan directly says, I will take the child and watch over him, and then he's there when Luke has issues with the Sand People in ANH.

He literally directly intervenes to safeguard Luke from the Sand People, and he appear to come out of nowhere.  It is like he was watching Luke.

Or, as a common trope in movies, a character (R2) goes looking for someone (Obi Wan) only to encounter danger along the way and is rescued by someone mysterious at the last minute that turns out to be the person they were looking for.

Which is what happened here. There is nothing to indicate Obi Wan had any idea of what was going on with the stormtroopers or the danger Luke was in until it came to his doorstep. Luke hops in his landspeeder with C3PO and tells him to hit the accelerator. They conceivably go at least several miles away (the land near Luke’s home is flat into the horizon and when they meet Obi Wan it’s mountainous and rockye everywhere) and somehow Obi wan was watching over them and caught up to them miles later? No, that makes zero sense.

Plus the way the scene is shot with the echoes cascading thru the mountains it’s implied that’s what alerts Obi Wan. The scene cuts and the next time we see Luke he’s knocked out (he’s awake and fighting when we last saw him) and being dragged to his land speeder implying time has passed. Then Obi wan finally shows up. He was not in any position to protect Luke at all. 

One line added to a prequel 30 years later doesn’t change what happened in ANH. 

20 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

After watching all 3 episodes, I feel pretty good now that the Mandalorian is not Boba Fett. The reason for my change of heart is simply because if he were Boba Fett he would already died 45 times at least thru 3 episodes. 

I’ll admit, I Immediately started feeling better when he didn’t trip while stepping out of his ship door that’s a few feet off the ground and fall to his death. That was a good sign because I’m not sure Boba makes it out of that scenario alive. 

also, this went in a direction I never expected and I’m excited about the mystery of what’s to come, specifically,  for one particular character. 

I don't think it's Boba Fett either.  However when the Jawas took apart his ship I was hoping that would lead to him finding Slave One to escape the planet.  I assume they were on Tatooine unless Jawas are on other planets.  

2 hours ago, drowland said:

I don't think it's Boba Fett either.  However when the Jawas took apart his ship I was hoping that would lead to him finding Slave One to escape the planet.  I assume they were on Tatooine unless Jawas are on other planets.  

Didn’t Boba die in sarlacc pit?  

2 hours ago, drowland said:

it’s not Tatooine, it’s Arvala-7. I wish the planets in Star Wars had more diverse biospheres instead of this is the sand planet, this planet is entirely Forest, this one is snow, Lava etc it would make us not immediately think all sand planets (like we did with Jakkuu in TFA trailers) were Tatooine. 

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

Didn’t Boba die in sarlacc pit?  

In the movies but in the extended canon (which I think is no longer canon since Disney took over) he survives the pit and goes on to have other adventures

so fans (not me, cuz that guy truly sucks) Have long wondered if Disney would be bringing him back at some point. 

I was thinking Mando was going to be revealed to be Boba at the end of the season but maybe he has amnesia or something but it doesn’t seem like that is the case. 

im hoping the first order is behind the bounty contract on BY and that maybe Palpatine or Snoke have something to do with wanting him for his force powers 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Lucas had went on record that Bobba wasn’t alive or dead. Meaning that his true fate was he was in limbo until a writer decided to use him again. So he could come back just like he did in the old EU canon. 

Also, he’s not the Mandalorian because neither he nor Jango were ever Mandalorians. 

• Like 1

Mandalorian and possible ROS spoilery thoughts... 

So the uniform logo that the scientists working on baby Yoda (species) is very similar to the uniform that the Galactic Republic wore when they cloned Jango Fett for their clone army.  I wonder if that's what they are trying to do with baby Yoda species...clone him? And would the clone still be force sensitive and full of midichlorians? 

I also wonder if this is how the emperor shows up in the last movie too..he's a clone.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1