Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

what is the actual light part made of? Do you have to attach it separately? 

It's a relatively lightweight polycarbonate tube, but actually rather strong (people have used them to choreograph duels with full contact hits between blades without any breaks). It generally comes with the saber (unless you opt to buy without it) but it's also detachable. 

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It's a relatively lightweight polycarbonate tube, but actually rather strong (people have used them to choreograph duels with full contact hits between blades without any breaks). It generally comes with the saber (unless you opt to buy without it) but it's also detachable. 

Thanks seems pretty cool. But the real question...when you turn it on does the light start at the hilt and work it’s way up to the top or does it all light up at once 

1 hour ago, TK said:

These retailed for I think anywhere from $150-$200. I found Luke's green one last summer on clearance at a WalMart for $30. 

I have one of the first Master Replicas FX that I bought way back in 2002. Specifically the Luke ESB one.

The problem with these are that they don't have removable blades, and are very fragile. Also, the "off-brand" ones have much brighter LED's, are "duel-worthy", and have superior sound quality/motion detection.

I've been doing research since about 2002.... ^_^

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Thanks seems pretty cool. But the real question...when you turn it on does the light start at the hilt and work it’s way up to the top or does it all light up at once 

Of course. They actually filled the polycarbonate blade with a Bose-Einstein Condensate that slows light down to where you can actually watch it traveling. The only issue is that keeping the BEC intact means having the inside of the blade at a fraction of a degree above absolute zero. So if you go with that option you have to pay an additional $58,000,000. But I found it to be quite worth it because it really is a cool effect. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Ok you know it seemed like a valid question when I asked it lol

The Black Series that I have starts at the hilt & works its way to the tip. Reverses the action when you flick it off. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mistertim said:

Of course. They actually filled the polycarbonate blade with a Bose-Einstein Condensate that slows light down to where you can actually watch it traveling. The only issue is that keeping the BEC intact means having the inside of the blade at a fraction of a degree above absolute zero. So if you go with that option you have to pay an additional $58,000,000. But I found it to be quite worth it because it really is a cool effect. 

Is it going on sale on Black Friday?

1 hour ago, TK said:

The Black Series that I have starts at the hilt & works its way to the tip. Reverses the action when you flick it off. 

Does it have the LEDs inside the blade itself or something?

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Ok you know it seemed like a valid question when I asked it lol

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.   :ols:

Edited by mistertim

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Does it have the LEDs inside the blade itself or something?

You can't really see through the blade when it's off. However holding it up to a bright enough light, It appears there's a strip of L.E.D.s running from hilt to tip. 

On 8/29/2019 at 12:45 AM, mistertim said:

If Palpatine has been around this whole time and pulling the strings behind the scenes there's no telling what that dude has been up to. if there was one thing he was good at it was patient strategic planning.   (Well, and force lighting, and lightsaber dueling, and....pretty much anything else Force related. Easily one of the most powerful Sith to ever live IMO).

Rebuilding his fleet perhaps? The trailer flashed a scene showing endless Star Destroyers in a supernova or something. I miss the old Empire, so I’d be stoked if that was the case. 

12 minutes ago, RansomthePasserby said:

Rebuilding his fleet perhaps? The trailer flashed a scene showing endless Star Destroyers in a supernova or something. I miss the old Empire, so I’d be stoked if that was the case. 

Yeah I took a look at a still of that from the trailer and those are definitely Imperial Star Destroyers and not First Order Resurgent class Destroyers. Maybe Palpatine saw the way things were flowing or had a vision of what would happen, and had an entire plan for that possibility before his "demise" at the end of RoTJ and had it underway already. Possibly in the Unknown Regions of the galaxy. Jakku is right on the edge of that IIRC so maybe that give it some significance to his whole plan, whatever it was. The guy was a strategic mastermind so I'd actually be a bit more surprised if he didn't have some sort of backup plan already underway.

But yeah, I don't see it as likely that those were just Imperial ships that somehow happened to survive and get back together. IMO that's an entirely new fleet that was purpose built. Should be interesting. 

One thing is...if this is a whole new arc...Palpatine is back, he basically rebuilt the empire while everyone thought he was dead, Rey has some role to play, Kylo has some role to play...how the hell are you going to fit all that into ONE movie and make it not seem rushed and clipped? That sounds like an entire new set of movies. But they've already said this is the last. 

Edited by mistertim

23 minutes ago, mistertim said:

One thing is...if this is a whole new arc...Palpatine is back, he basically rebuilt the empire while everyone thought he was dead, Rey has some role to play, Kylo has some role to play...how the hell are you going to fit all that into ONE movie and make it not seem rushed and clipped? That sounds like an entire new set of movies. But they've already said this is the last. 

Palaptine will be linked to Snoke somehow. It explains Snoke, his power and his understanding of the empire and Jedi. Snoke was some vessel that once killed released Palpatines power and spirit or something. Like he was incubating until the obvious betrayal by an apprenticeship and the incredible dark power of that moment released him or something. 

Like Majiin Buu being hatched from the power and energy of the Goku/Vegeta fight 

I’ve also heard rumors it’s a nearly 3 hour movie so theyll have time if they want 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

11 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I took a look at a still of that from the trailer and those are definitely Imperial Star Destroyers and not First Order Resurgent class Destroyers. Maybe Palpatine saw the way things were flowing or had a vision of what would happen, and had an entire plan for that possibility before his "demise" at the end of RoTJ and had it underway already. Possibly in the Unknown Regions of the galaxy. Jakku is right on the edge of that IIRC so maybe that give it some significance to his whole plan, whatever it was. The guy was a strategic mastermind so I'd actually be a bit more surprised if he didn't have some sort of backup plan already underway.

But yeah, I don't see it as likely that those were just Imperial ships that somehow happened to survive and get back together. IMO that's an entirely new fleet that was purpose built. Should be interesting. 

Yeah, either it’s a new fleet or one Palpatine had hidden away in reserve. But if so, who would crew the ships after all this time? I guess he could have kept them in cryosleep? A new clone army maybe?

Yeah, seems like a lot to introduce and wrap up in one movie... but the birth of a new Empire is also a great way to lead into another trilogy. They’ve said it’s the last one, but they can always go back on their word. :)

43 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Palaptine will be linked to Snoke somehow. It explains Snoke, his power and his understanding of the empire and Jedi. Snoke was some vessel that once killed released Palpatines power and spirit or something. Like he was incubating until the obvious betrayal by an apprenticeship and the incredible dark power of that moment released him or something. 

Like Majiin Buu being hatched from the power and energy of the Goku/Vegeta fight 

I’ve also heard rumors it’s a nearly 3 hour movie so theyll have time if they want 

I really hope SOMETHING ties up the Snoke story. If he truly was just some super powerful dark side rando who came, then died, and that was that...I'd be a bit surprised.

56 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I really hope SOMETHING ties up the Snoke story. If he truly was just some super powerful dark side rando who came, then died, and that was that...I'd be a bit surprised.

Don’t be. These are not tight, carefully crafted scripts. Take this bit of dialogue for example.

Han Solo: Where’d you get Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber?

Space Lady: Good question, for another time.

Han Solo: Or how about now? I’m about to be dead, ****.

——

What the **** is that? How ****ing lazy are these assholes?

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’m ok with that exchange because they setup a lot of mysteries to reveal and the problem is they just haven’t done that yet 

Not yet, but with Disney+ coming, the Mandolorian or Obi Wan Series could answer questions.

On 8/30/2019 at 4:52 PM, Rogue Jedi said:

I have one of the first Master Replicas FX that I bought way back in 2002. Specifically the Luke ESB one.

The problem with these are that they don't have removable blades, and are very fragile. Also, the "off-brand" ones have much brighter LED's, are "duel-worthy", and have superior sound quality/motion detection.

I've been doing research since about 2002.... ^_^

https://ultrasabers.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2K3rBRDiARIsAOFSW_52h_AuiX7xFM25uZbZ-jtUqSGS65EdXz0_vuIPXycPgCgL7CqkgPoaAnMSEALw_wcB

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Not yet, but with Disney+ coming, the Mandolorian or Obi Wan Series could answer questions.

I still wish we had gotten the original TFA script that supposedly started with Luke’s severed hand from ESB floating thru space and I assume detailed what happened to his lightsaber in a much darker movie 

• Like 2