Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

24 minutes ago, Llevron said:

@Momma There Goes That Man I agree with you on the combat. I want the troopers to die with 1 hit but the bosses should be a challenge. Active time things (think dark cloud if you can remember that far back) would work well. 

The game that did this best was the old Jedi Knight series. I'm playing Jedi Academy, and you just twirl through stormtroopers like hot butter.

However, given their job is to hunt Jedi, it's plausible and likely the Empire developed lightsaber resistant armor. But the normal storm troopers should be saber fodder.

• Like 1

That’s what they said during the panel basically. They created new enemies called “Purge Troopers” that work alongside inquisitors that would stand up better in a fight with jedi. They also said regular storm troopers are expected to die in 1 good hit, and engagements with them are typically when there’s 10-12 in an area to make it challenging. But there aren’t a ton of those types of engagements either

Edited by LLandryistheshiz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I want to know more about the white lightsaber. Did she build it? What's the story of it...etc.

I really don't think it's white. It's just seems to be a bit paler shade of blue than in some of the other SW movies. Might also have something to do with being against a certain background. It pretty much looks the same to me as Luke's in ANH, Rey's (Luke's) in TLJ, and Rey's (Luke's presumably rebuilt one) in this trailer. Maybe a little paler? Though at this point I wouldn't look too much into it. I have a feeling that if it were seriously white they'd make sure to show the thing as white so people would know and it would heighten interest even more.

1O3ba.jpg

5cb04160e8791.image.jpg?resize=400,188

12starwars-trailer-articleLarge.jpg?qual

• Thanks 1

Just watched some of the panel for the Jon Favreau-Dave Filoni live action show The Mandalorian. I'll try and find the trailer for that, but the new Disney+ is going to crush Netflix.

Other than Stranger Things, there isn't much left on Netflix.

Sizzle reel: 

Edited by Riggo#44

So I have been on record as being ambivalent about Episode IX considering the way TLJ wrapped up so many loose ends (Snoke being killed off so fast, Luke being killed off) so I was very curious what story would be left to tell in IX. Trailer shows some potential. Kind of excited for this film. 

On 4/14/2019 at 8:40 AM, Riggo#44 said:

There hasn't been a really great Star Wars game since the original Knights of the Old Republic.

They need to have the Light vs. Dark decision. All great SW games have it.

battlefront ii is pretty good 

So I watched Battle For Endor last night (the second Ewok movie). I can honestly say that it is a better film than TLJ (and possibly TFA). Seriously. The pacing, narrative, emotional beats, the girl that played Cindel was great, the interior sets of the castle, etc. And it broke new ground for the darkside by introducing sorcery with the villainess Witch, something expanded upon later in the EU over the years, such as Darth Zannah in the Darth Bane book trilogy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Question, what does skin color have to do with sexual orientations?

Absolutely nothing. It's making fun of JK Rowling ridiculous retconning everything to appease everyone.