Riggo#44

All Things Star Wars Thread -- Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, clietas said:

 

I still haven't watched Solo after how spectacularly bad TLJ was. Is it even worth the time? They better go all out the TRS otherwise Disney might need to scrap their Star Wars plans for awhile.

 

Solo is a pretty good movie. Definetly worth a viewing. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a weird title, I wasn't sure how to react to it, now the old emperor laugh at the end of the trailer.  What are we doing here, Disney?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mournblade said:

 

I had the TV Show (Original Series) in mind when I said that. 

Really not fair to judge given they were an earlier time period then the 80s.  Trek has always been the more plausible of the two, imo, Episode IX already looks like a epic level of ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yeah, I went from 6 to Midnight REAL quick

I went from 7 to 1:15... counter-clockwise. Hunting accident when I was a child. Next time be more sensitive to the fact that some of us in here may have tripped over a turkey that we'd just shot with a crossbow & mutilated our junk before you post stuff like that.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Palpatine is Snoke. And he is Plagueis. He is all. 

 

This is a pretty cool concept from the Old Republic game. The execution of it in the game was mediocre, but the idea that the Emporer is too evil to be destroyed is awesome.

 

Edited by Riggo#44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Time to be honest here.

 

As a lifelong fan I have no idea what people see when they watch the latest trilogy (or Solo and Rogue One).

 

It's no worse than the original. 

 

So I generally stay quiet about it. Truly the only movie I have no affinity for is Phantom Menace. But I don't hate it. I'm thankful it got made, wish it had been better but still thankful. Maybe that makes me a mark...I don't care. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Time to be honest here.

 

As a lifelong fan I have no idea what people see when they watch the latest trilogy (or Solo and Rogue One).

 

It's no worse than the original. 

 

So I generally stay quiet about it. Truly the only movie I have no affinity for is Phantom Menace. But I don't hate it. I'm thankful it got made, wish it had been better but still thankful. Maybe that makes me a mark...I don't care. 

 

People have a certain idea how the movie should go, and when it doesn't, they register their disgust around the world.

 

I have the same problem with the PT--they should have focused more on things like the Jedi Purge. But, whatever. I liked TFA and TLJ. Hated most of the PT. 

 

I'n psyched for Ep IX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wish the new movies had just been set in a different setting than right after the originals. Something in the Old Republic era would have been way cooler. Sequels to movies that were out like 30+ years before are just wacky.

 

Still, its Star Wars. Get pumped boys...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think not the following the EU hurt. People had an expectation of the story after ROTJ for 30+ years. 

 

They havent been perfect and there have been some missteps for sure but the OT has similar issues. 

 

The only movie I really dont enjoy is TPM. It can die in a fire for all I care outside of the end fight with Maul. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think not the following the EU hurt. People had an expectation of the story after ROTJ for 30+ years. 

 

They havent been perfect and there have been some missteps for sure but the OT has similar issues. 

 

The only movie I really dont enjoy is TPM. It can die in a fire for all I care outside of the end fight with Maul. 

I don't mind TPM although the midichlorian thing was so stupid and the pod racing was a snoozer. Hated Attack of the Clones though.

Edited by Warhead36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

People have a certain idea how the movie should go, and when it doesn't, they register their disgust around the world.

 

I have the same problem with the PT--they should have focused more on things like the Jedi Purge. But, whatever. I liked TFA and TLJ. Hated most of the PT. 

 

I'n psyched for Ep IX.

 

Feel the same way. The Prequels were shockingly bad, I'm still amazed the franchise somehow survived them. TLJ was a very long and uneven movie, but compared

to Attack of the Clones it is Citizen Kane. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 3:43 PM, Riggo#44 said:

 

And Ahsoka Tano > Ezra Bridger.

 

I'd give my left nut to see a (well done) live action Asajj Ventress, though she'd also be an old lady by this time. Ventress is my favorite...she's such a badass.

 

As for the trailer I love bringing back Palpatine, though I'm curious how they'll fit him in.

 

 

 

 

Also, does Rey not own a single change of clothes?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mistertim said:

 

Also, does Rey not own a single change of clothes?

 

She's poor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mistertim said:

 

But she can afford makeup!

 

A girl needs the important things.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mistertim said:

 

I'd give my left nut to see a (well done) live action Asajj Ventress, though she'd also be an old lady by this time. Ventress is my favorite...she's such a badass.

 

She was my favorite as well. There was supposed to be a story arc on her in the seventh season of Clone Wars before it was cancelled. There is a book Dark Disciple which covers those events.  I believe this takes place before the events of Revenge of the Sith.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Yohan said:

She was my favorite as well. There was supposed to be a story arc on her in the seventh season of Clone Wars before it was cancelled. There is a book Dark Disciple which covers those events.  I believe this takes place before the events of Revenge of the Sith.

 

Yeah i read Dark Disciple...I thought it was actually pretty good though I was bummed about what happened to her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disney+ is reviving the Clone Wars, continuing where it left off. We could get more Ventress and Ahsoka

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

This game looks ****ing amazing

I'll definitely be following its progress.

 

I think it's easy to make most games look cool with some action-packed cut-scenes and dramatic narration.  I wish trailers would make it a little bit more clear what kind of game it is.  Are we talking mostly FPS, like the Jedi Knight games?  Mostly RPG like KOTOR?  (Either way I'm probably going to get it unless the early reviews completely pan it, but I wish it were more clear.  I don't need a movie preview for a game, I need a game preview.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dfitzo53 said:

I'll definitely be following its progress.

 

I think it's easy to make most games look cool with some action-packed cut-scenes and dramatic narration.  I wish trailers would make it a little bit more clear what kind of game it is.  Are we talking mostly FPS, like the Jedi Knight games?  Mostly RPG like KOTOR?  (Either way I'm probably going to get it unless the early reviews completely pan it, but I wish it were more clear.  I don't need a movie preview for a game, I need a game preview.)

 

IMO some of the games have far more interesting stories, characters, and twists than the films do. I think part of that is due to the pressure that the film makers and writers are under to make sure they please as many fans as possible so they have to stay relatively conservative with any outside the box ideas or liberties they want to take with the movie. IMO, that's part of why there was so much whining about TLJ from lots of Star Wars fans...it just strayed too far from what they considered "acceptable" to a SW movie, they hyperventilated, and it immediately became the worst thing that had ever happened in this history of film to some of them. 

 

They will have learned their lesson and Episode 9 will probably be pretty safe and a lot like TFA. Though bringing back Palpatine is still at least somewhat daring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, mistertim said:

Also does Rey not own a single change of clothes?

 

I want to know more about the white lightsaber. Did she build it? What's the story of it...etc.

 

2 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

I'll definitely be following its progress.

 

I think it's easy to make most games look cool with some action-packed cut-scenes and dramatic narration.  I wish trailers would make it a little bit more clear what kind of game it is.  Are we talking mostly FPS, like the Jedi Knight games?  Mostly RPG like KOTOR?  (Either way I'm probably going to get it unless the early reviews completely pan it, but I wish it were more clear.  I don't need a movie preview for a game, I need a game preview.)

 

I read somewhere the other day that they are allegedly focusing more on a single player non-online campaign for it. If true ..take my money please.

Edited by The Evil Genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

 

I want to know more about the white lightsaber. Did she build it? What's the story of it...etc.

 

 

I read somewhere the other day that they are allegedly focusing more on a single player non-online campaign for it. If true ..take my money please.

 

2 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

I'll definitely be following its progress.

 

I think it's easy to make most games look cool with some action-packed cut-scenes and dramatic narration.  I wish trailers would make it a little bit more clear what kind of game it is.  Are we talking mostly FPS, like the Jedi Knight games?  Mostly RPG like KOTOR?  (Either way I'm probably going to get it unless the early reviews completely pan it, but I wish it were more clear.  I don't need a movie preview for a game, I need a game preview.)

 

Read a recap of all the info from Star Wars Celebration. 

 

It’s going to be a third person action game. Single player only, no online and no micro transactions. The guy making it made God of War 3. Melee combat is going to be a big part of it, they said they want to bring the movie’s lightsaber fights to the game. You will also have force powers, it’s said to be very combat heavy but not a button masher. They used the term “thoughtful combat” 

 

There are also puzzles and platforming. They said your lightsaber is a reflection of Cal, the character in the game, and will change throughout the game. I’d imagine it’s customizable and there is a skill tree/rpg Elements to this. 

 

The one thing that will bug me is if your hitting enemies 5-6 times with a lightsaber. I think it should be very parry/counter driven. Enemies have almost no health so a lightsaber kills them basically instantly but in contrast, the same is true for you. 

 

No game has ever gotten this right and I’m sure this one won’t either. Still, it has me intrigued with the “surviving Order 66” and being hunted by an Inquisitor story and setting after ROTS. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.