Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

So which Skywalker is rising? Luke? Kylo? Ren? Someone else?

The only one of the original three who's still alive?  

(In the movies. The one that's dead in real life.)

1 hour ago, Yohan said:

So Rey is a Horcrux?

JJ Rowling just said she's a Gay Black Trans Jew.

16 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

So which Skywalker is rising? Luke? Kylo? Ren? Someone else?

Same question about who was the Last Jedi...

10 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Same question about who was the Last Jedi...

Rian Johnson confirmed the Last Jedi (for movie title purposes) was Luke. 

He wasn't the last Jedi though as others are still alive and kicking. They're just scattered and in hiding the way they did after Order 66.

Edit..I really want to see Ezra Bridger show up but I know that's too much to ask for.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Rian Johnson confirmed the Last Jedi (for movie title purposes) was Luke. 

He wasn't the last Jedi though as others are still alive and kicking. They're just scattered and in hiding the way they did after Order 66.

Edit..I really want to see Ezra Bridger show up but I know that's too much to ask for.

I must have missed that confirmation--I always go no spoiler route, ignoring all articles and info.

And Ahsoka Tano > Ezra Bridger.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Ezra and Luke would be close on age though. Ahsoka would be ancient in RotS. Unless her race is like the Wookies (and whatever Yoda was).

She's just bad ****ing ass--especially in Rebels. Her confrontation with Vader was Old School Great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If Palpatine is revealed to have been alive this whole time and the actual one pulling the strings, then at least Snoke's ludicrous death becomes somewhat justifiable.

Palpatine is Snoke. And he is Plagueis. He is all. 

59 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

The Force Awakens sucked.  The Last Jedi was unforgivable.  But I'm sure this one will be amazing!

We cannot be friends for 5 minutes 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 2

Heres my wild theory.

Kylo Ren knew that the Emperor was still around in some fashion, be it bodily or some sort of force ghost type thing. He knew he had to fully embrace the dark side to bring him out of hiding, which was why he was fighting against the call of the light. And why he said in the first one, while looking at Vaders mask, that he was going to finish what Vader started. Disney has pulled some stuff from the books that arent canon, and there was one book where the Emperor had created clones of himself and Luke went to the dark side in order to get to and destroy the Emperor.

• Like 1

Well it didn’t take long for us to get another time traveling fetus theory. 

Palaptine force impregnates Rey maybe even unintentionally in some grand battle of the force. The force manifests itself in a baby and finds the closest womb nearby, Rey. The power of this happening knocks her back in time 50 years and she becomes anakins mother. 

The cycle repeats 

018FFE23-B060-49AA-92C3-4603A1A85600.jpeg

After the Last Jedi, I think Star Wars has lost its cache. It isn't "the franchise" that it used to be. I mean in the 80s this thing was king.

Think about the sci-fi competition back then: Star Trek (good stories but lame special effects), Battlestar Galactica (lame), Buck Rogers (lame)

Flash Gordon (lame), and Planet of the Apes (lame). Star Wars reigned supreme over the 80s, ask any Gen-Xer.

But the Prequels were terrible and the Last Jedi was poorly received, so that Star Wars isn't special anymore. It's one of the "also ran" franchises

these days, along with Star Trek, GOT, James Bond, and so on. Its a pity, but empires rise and crumble, I suppose. 

Edited by Mournblade
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

After the Last Jedi, I think Star Wars has lost its cache. It isn't "the franchise" that it used to be. I mean in the 80s this thing was king.

Think about the sci-fi competition back then: Star Trek (good stories but lame special effects), Battlestar Galactica (lame), Buck Rogers (lame)

Flash Gordon (lame), and Planet of the Apes (lame). Star Wars reigned supreme over the 80s, ask any Gen-Xer.

But the Prequels were terrible and the Last Jedi was poorly received, so that Star Wars isn't special anymore. It's one of the "also ran" franchises

these days, along with Star Trek, GOT, James Bond, and so on. Its a pity, but empires rise and crumble, I suppose. 

All very true. The back-to-back releases of two weak-narrative films in TLJ and Solo were a crippling blow.

Audiences are starting to wise-up to the franchise after the TFA nostalgia wore off. Out of eight episodes and two spin-offs, there are only four legit good movies - the OT and Rogue One.

I'd love to hope for the best but my expectations are quite low, if not flat-lined, for this new one. I don't think Abrams (or anyone for that matter) can fix the obliterated narratives and character arcs caused by TLJ.

12 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

I had the TV Show (Original Series) in mind when I said that. 

You specifically said 80s tho. 

For the 60s the special effects on TOS were really good.

I still haven't watched Solo after how spectacularly bad TLJ was. Is it even worth the time? They better go all out the TRS otherwise Disney might need to scrap their Star Wars plans for awhile.

8 hours ago, drowland said:

I couldn't make it out the first time, but is that supposed to be wreckage of the Death Star when you hear the Emperor laugh?  

Looked like it.

Also, notice that Billy Dee is wearing the same Lando shirt that Glover wore in Solo.  

• Like 1