Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

21 hours ago, Mooka said:

Looks more like a JJ Abrams Captain Kirk story then a Han Solo movie. I was hoping for more of a space western feel then this Disney'd out epic, super fun whatever. 

Casting is of Han is definitely suspect and Emilia Clarke's one line in the trailer sounded dumb. I think Donald Glover would make a better Han Solo then that guy. Not sure if Woody and Paul Bettany can save this movie.

Yeah, a Han Solo movie should have been a swashbuckling pirate movie looking at the underside of the Republic or the Empire with its mob families, criminal underworlds, etc. Even better, it could have been a grifter movie with Han running cons on the Empire, on Jabba, and playing everyone else in sight in search of that big score.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Yeah, a Han Solo movie should have been a swashbuckling pirate movie looking at the underside of the Republic or the Empire with its mob families, criminal underworlds, etc. Even better, it could have been a grifter movie with Han running cons on the Empire, on Jabba, and playing everyone else in sight in search of that big score.

But Han really wasn't a con man. He was a smuggler and pilot. Landon was more the con man.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Last Jedi is over $1.3 billion at the box office so far. As far as Disney is concerned, they'll just keep pumping them out.

How well do you think EP 9 is going to do, given that 1) Last Jedi came well under expectations (it just wasn't that good a movie) and

2) Collin Trevorrow gets replaced for EP9 by JJ Abrams, who is not popular among the fans.

EP 9 is not going to do that great at the box office, lets face it. 

10 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

How well do you think EP 9 is going to do, given that 1) Last Jedi came well under expectations (it just wasn't that good a movie) and

2) Collin Trevorrow gets replaced for EP9 by JJ Abrams, who is not popular among the fans.

How did TLJ come in under expectations? It made a killing, was well-reviewed.

It seems people are going to complain one way or the other. TFA was bashed for being an ANH clone, TLJ is being bashed for not being Star Wars enough?  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Not great by Star Wars standards? Very likely. Last Jedi grossed $614 million dollars though. Wonder Woman made $412 million. Justice League made $228 million. They've got a long way to go before Disney decides they need to slow it down.

15 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

I don't think anyone expected TLJ to make as much a TFA.  Sure there is going to be some fatigue but if these movies are still bringing in a billion $ I wouldn't call it a crisis.  

Solo is going to be a test.  Don't think it will make as much as TLJ or RO coming out in May.  Infinity War will likely rule the month/year and Deadpool comes out a week before Solo.  Then Solo has two weeks before Incredibles 2.  Disney probably should have stuck with December where Star Wars can rule the box office without much competition.   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The Old Republic era, where the Knights of the Old Republic games are based off, have some fantastic lore. I've always felt like a Netflix series based on Knights of the Old Republic would be terrific.

That sounds fine. I'm sure die-hard SW nerds would love it. But I think Disney had decided that you can't do a billion dollar film without a cameo by Chewbacca and C-3PO and Darth Vader and so forth.

I'm a pretty big Star Wars nerd - though the entire extended universe thing left me cold. I don't think I would go out of my way to watch a show like that, though I could be sucked in. I generally hate "Fantasy" and became hooked on Game of Thrones.

I think Solo could actually surprise. Lawrence Kasdan wrote the script, and it supposed to be pretty clever and very funny. Yeah I know

they got Richie Cunningham from Happy Days as the last minute director, but at least he isn't incompetent, and should put out a solid film. It could end

up being a surprise hit, kind of like Thor:Ragnarok was last year. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Meh..the first Iron Man was good, but the sequels sucked. Haven't seen anything else by him I liked.

He’s done Elf, Iron Man 1-2, Chef and the Jungle Book, all of which were fantastic except IM 2 which sucked. 

I also give him a lot of credit for IM 1. I believe he was he one that stood on the table for Downey Jr casting. Plus, it’s easy to look back now that IM is an A+ character but back then, nobody gave a **** about Iron Man and he was tasked with taking a non mainstream character and making something so good it launched the entire marvel cinematic universe. He nailed it 

18 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Meh..the first Iron Man was good, but the sequels sucked. Haven't seen anything else by him I liked.

I am a huge fan of his both as heading up a project as well as in stuff. So I am pretty psyched for it. I have wanted him involved in Star Wars for a little bit.

16 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Personally, I hate how Luke Skywalker went out. It killed the entire series for me.

Honestly, I'd prefer almost any pre Disney extended universe story to the stuff coming out now.

If Luke hadnt of died and had a chance to come back in 9 I wouldnt have disliked 8 as much. But all of the issues I had with 8 PLUS Luke being killed off just sealed the deal for me. Hated it.

• Like 1