Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

24 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I'm not going until Monday. I can resist for a few days. 

But indeed, he should start a thread. 

Pretty sure that @Zguy28 and I are just throwing out ideas. 

Side note... Our spoilers are not verified. We are just anticipating the movie. 

Yes, just throwing out ideas. I really have no idea what will happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Reminder of the best lightsaber battle in the series. At night, in a snow covered forest with the flow of the sabers reflecting off the environment. Just beautiful. 

And that theme when Rey wins the force battle for Luke’s saber. Perfect. 

Sorry but that’s not even in the top 3 best lightsaber battles.  ??

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I've read that there's an absolutely epic lightsaber battle in this one in a spoiler-free review so obviously they didn't expand on it (which is good, since I'm seeing it Sat and want zero spoilers).

Let us know how that works out....?

Edited by codeorama
  • Haha 1

I guess it depends on what you're looking at/for when you watch the lightsaber battles. Obviously the Kylo/Rey duel didn't have the backflips and insane choreography of some of the ones from the prequels for example. It was much more raw and realistic, but I get where @Momma There Goes That Manis coming from. The scene itself was beautiful. I remember thinking years ago how cool it would be to see a lightsaber battle in the snow with the reflections, etc and it DID look damn amazing. They're just different types of fights.

Pure choreography and wild lightsaber mastery: various duels from the prequels though I'd say Obi-Wan + Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul is the best. Yoda jumping around was just a bit too comical for me and Obi-Wan vs Anakin was overdone and dragged on for way too long and also had this absolutely idiotic few seconds:

4thrz.gif

Cinematography/atmosphere: Kylo vs Rey in TFA. The night + snow + much more raw and realistic fighting was amazing. Plus Kylo's sizzling lightsaber makes it even cooler IMO.

Emotional heft: Luke vs Vader in ROTJ. The emotion of that fight scene + the epic music during it was incredible.

• Thanks 1

I agree. I mean it added meaning to it too since we see Rey discovering the force within her in that moment. Sure she used it earlier in the movie but she acknowledged it and let it channel thru her in that fight. First in that moment when she grabs the saber from Kylo while the famous theme hits and in that moment her life is forever changed. I loved it.

i don’t thnk any of the fights in the OT are comparable. The Maul fight is he only one that would give it some running. I did enjoy the Anakin/Kenobi fight in 3 but it was a touch ridiculous 

• Like 1

Regarding the OT fights if you want to have a bit of a laugh, watch the end of RO when Vader goes HAM on the rebels stealing the Death Star plans and then watch him vs Obi-Wan in ANH. Ostensibly those things happened, like, just months apart. You'd think Vader must have had a stroke or something between the two events. lol

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Regarding the OT fights if you want to have a bit of a laugh, watch the end of RO when Vader goes HAM on the rebels stealing the Death Star plans and then watch him vs Obi-Wan in ANH. Ostensibly those things happened, like, just months apart. You'd think Vader must have had a stroke or something between the two events. lol

yeah I just assume he was playing with the old man lol

Just got home. I equally loved and hated it. 

Really weird. 

I completely understand why Mark Hamill said he was insulted with the direction they wanted For Luke. Didn’t care for that at all. 

I loved that that it was more story driven than TFA. 

I loved a lot of the details. 

I hated a lot of the comedy. Felt like Monty Python’s Star Wars. 

While I like it a lot more than TFA, I just don’t have the urge to want to see it again this weekend. 

Went to 7 pm showing 

BTW the seats were reserved. I ordered a seat Sunday and the theater was nearly full. 

Good movie. On phone so I can't really use spoiler tags so I'm not going to bother discussing the plot. 

Was there a Merch table set up at anyone else's theater? Just hawking shirts and hoodies.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Went to 7 pm showing 

BTW the seats were reserved. I ordered a seat Sunday and the theater was nearly full. 

Good movie. On phone so I can't really use spoiler tags so I'm not going to bother discussing the plot. 

Was there a Merch table set up at anyone else's theater? Just hawking shirts and hoodies.

I think there's a spoiler friendly thread as well. I don't even want the chance of seeing spoilers in here since I'm not seeing it till Sat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, codeorama said:

Just got home. I equally loved and hated it. 

Really weird. 

I completely understand why Mark Hamill said he was insulted with the direction they wanted For Luke. Didn’t care for that at all. 

I loved that that it was more story driven than TFA. 

I loved a lot of the details. 

I hated a lot of the comedy. Felt like Monty Python’s Star Wars. 

While I like it a lot more than TFA, I just don’t have the urge to want to see it again this weekend. 

Left thinking I hated about 90-95% of it. 

Hamill should have been insulted by it. I sure as hell was. Hopefully they at least backed a Brinks truck up to his house for this one.

I thought they left a lot of details out. And that they did some really stupid **** as well. (I'll expand on it in the Spoiler thread)

Chewie's camping dinner scene I liked & the shoulder brush spot I go back n forth on liking & not caring for. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Springfield said:

The spinoffs are starting to look better than the sequels.

Yep, i actually have Rogue 1 ranked in the top three. They really screwed the pooch in the latest sequel.  Really think that they should just redo episode 8 and pretend this last iteration never occurred.

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t think this movie looks good at all. I’ll wait for the full trailer but what they showed tonight was probably the worst Star Wars reveal trailer I’ve ever seen 

I feel like the music to the trailer sucked and it didn't "feel" like it was related to star wars. Felt like it was a super hero/avengers type movie. 

• Like 2