Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

22 hours ago, codeorama said:

It should be focused on Luke because according to Yoda in ROTJ, Last of the Jedi he will be... (when Yoda is gone).

But, Jedi could be plural and it could mean Luke and Rey (IF she becomes a Jedi). 

Good call on it maybe being plural.

It also looks to be a callback to Ep 7 crawl

Edited by Bliz

1 minute ago, Ludomaniac said:

How exactly did the first order rise to power anyway?  You would think the governing body of the galaxy would be keeping close watch on those types of factions

The same way that the alt-right has survived in the US. I suspect neo-fascism like this cannot be totally eliminated (as we are seeing world wide). 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, codeorama said:

All the other movies take place 2 years or so after the other. This one will not. It will be right where 7 left off so the scroll is kind of moot 

Not necessarily.

"Even though the Resistance destroyed The Starkiller Base, little did they now that a greater evil had risen from the depths of the darkside."

That's just an example of what they could do. 

8 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Not necessarily.

"Even though the Resistance destroyed The Starkiller Base, little did they now that a greater evil had risen from the depths of the darkside."

That's just an example of what they could do. 

Clearly, that's what they will have to do, something along those lines, but the crawl was there to fill the viewers in on what happened since the last episode, like the old cheesy serial movies. 

4 minutes ago, Major Harris said:

Gtfo out of star wars thread with politixs

SW is all politics...

• Like 1

Well it was reported that the title when released in Brazil had Jedi in a masculine singular form meaning Luke is the last Jedi and it's not plural. Could be a mistranslation though. People love to dig too deep into things. 

My theory is Luke went to seek out the original Jedi temple to get to the bottom of the force. He is looking for the purpose of the force, not the purpose of the Jedi. The Jedi and Sith have been at war with each other for centuries and Luke having his academy wiped out took him over the edge, realizing the current ways are not working and haven't ever worked. The force is supposed to be in balance with the light and the dark, but the Jedi and Sith orders each seek to destroy each other which would put the force out of balance if one side succeeded. So, I think Luke will train Rey, but not in the traditional way Jedis have been taught for thousands (I think thousands) of years.

Thus, Luke will be the last Jedi, the known and previous Jedi teachings will die with him. His teachings to Rey will be different and the source of these teaching will be whatever he learns at that original Jedi Temple. I think his teachings will ultimately have her seeking Kylo Ren to work with her, not as a Jedi and not her as a Sith.... but rather they will meet in the middle using both the light and dark side. Peace will finally come to the galaxy and the Skywalker saga will end at the end of episode 9. Luke will die doing something by the end of episode 9. Maybe in this movie, the title was Red for E3 and E6 and in those episodes anakin skywalker died and then Darth Vader died. So maybe Luke dies in episode 8. Not really sure about the red title.

Edited by Zazzaro703

2 hours ago, Ludomaniac said:

How the hell did they allow them to build another death star?

Cause the rebellion didn't steal all of the good scientists (i.e. no Operation Paperclip) from what was left of the Imperial government (that eventually became the First Order)? 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Star_Wars_Phantom_Menace_poster.jpg

The "Orange" President is secretly Darth TootsieGrabber and he controls both sides of the war. While the politicians are tied up arguing over if the parade had more gungan's than the queen's parade, Darth TootsieGrabber is bringing back the Sith in a big way... stay tuned.