Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Calling: Martins House of Commons Official Offseason Twitter thread, Crumpets and Biscuits(Cheerleaders) extra

SWFLSkins

Michael David Smith @MichaelDavSmith 3m3 minutes ago

Michael David Smith Retweeted Dan Daly

Lions and Cardinals have been in the NFL for 86 years and have never met in the playoffs.

Michael David Smith added,

Dan Daly @dandalyonsports
It's somewhat astounding the #Patriots & #Chiefs have been in the same league/conference for 56(!) years & never met in the playoffs before.

Spaceflight Now @SpaceflightNow 12m12 minutes ago

Ideal weather predicted for launch of a Falcon 9 rocket from California on Sunday. http://spaceflightnow.com/2016/01/16/ideal-weather-predicted-for-falcon-9-launch-sunday/ 

CY3oe5QUQAEX7OV.jpg

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 24m24 minutes ago

PM RT—Need to Know: The five highest paid #Redskins in 2016 you should have already read it in BRBN  #RedskinsTalk

CY1dkfpWsAA1fJ4.png

A thread named after me! I'm honoured.

Somewhat ironically I'm relocating to Phoenix late Feb. So after almost 30 years following the Redskins they will play a regular season game in the UK about 7 months after I leave the Country. The better news is that we play the Cardinals in Arizona next year and thats about a 45 minute drive from my new home in Chandler (on a good day). If I earn enough brownie points with my wife I may even get to a couple of games at FedEx.

Bloo'ey abou' time a twi'ah thread was made.

Yay! :)

For the first time in a long time I have absolutely no idea which way we should go personnel wise. I mean, obviously defense is key, would love to get a game changer there somewhere, but... who knows really and, honestly, I don't even care. Somehow the trust in Scot has taken the desire to really think about it out of me.

And that's awesome. Just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride.

Martin, before you know it you will be driving on the right side of the road, putting BBQ sauce on everything, pounding 400 oz sodas in a plastic 7-11 cup, wearing a cowboy hat in a big pickup truck, listening to country music and wonder why spanish people call you gringo.

Welcome home Tex! ;)

Martin, before you know it you will be driving on the right side of the road, putting BBQ sauce on everything, pounding 400 oz sodas in a plastic 7-11 cup, wearing a cowboy hat in a big pickup truck, listening to country music and wonder why spanish people call you gringo.

Welcome home Tex! ;)

If anyone sees me wearing a cowboy hat - shoot me. If I find myself listening to country music I will shoot myself  :)

For the first time in a long time I have absolutely no idea which way we should go personnel wise.

It would seem to make very little sense for Eric Berry to leave what seems like a stable organization, one that stood by him during cancer, and one with more success than our own ... but, I believe Berry would have one heck of an impact and ripple effect for our secondary. We need better Cornerbacks, therefore we attack Safety. 

Domino 1. 

ya think so, huh? Ols

Just like the rest of us.

lol, I just feel like "continue to build" and "every position is open to improving" are the operative ideas. So, BPA and just get value via FA... don't care at what positions. There's no position where I feel like we have to go all out on to fix immediately just to feel better about our chances like in the past, while other positions suddenly and unexpectedly become major needs in the process.

Furthermore, Scot is so good at what he does he's probably like 20 steps ahead of anything we can come up with, lol. So it's taken a lot of the fun out of guessing or assuming the organization's thought process.

But it's going to be super exciting, especially during the draft, seeing who we take with knowing how the first draft under Scot has went. We can legitimately project these draft picks into roles without it being totally based on blind hope.   

It would seem to make very little sense for Eric Berry to leave what seems like a stable organization, one that stood by him during cancer, and one with more success than our own ... but, I believe Berry would have one heck of an impact and ripple effect for our secondary. We need better Cornerbacks, therefore we attack Safety. 

Domino 1. 

Yup, I'd say just getting one elite guy in the secondary would do wonders, though. I'm high on Culliver, so maybe he's that guy still. Hopefully he can come back from that knee quickly. And Breeland has a solid chance at becoming one as well. But, yeah, someone who could make game changing plays consistently in the secondary will do wonders.  

First offseason in a while where I really miss watching this team.

This weekend feels so empty. I miss listening to 980 in the morning, throwing on my gear, and yelling at my tv

I miss my team dammit!

Yeah, it's a strange feeling isn't it...usually we find ourselves (well, we, meaning everyone else here) being happy that the ususl ****show of a season is over. After a winning season, we want more games. Personally, I miss the seeing the redskins games even after the 3-13 and 4-12 seasons. Crazy, i know....

lol, I just feel like "continue to build" and "every position is open to improving" are the operative ideas. So, BPA and just get value via FA... don't care at what positions. There's no position where I feel like we have to go all out on to fix immediately just to feel better about our chances like in the past, while other positions suddenly and unexpectedly become major needs in the process.

Furthermore, Scot is so good at what he does he's probably like 20 steps ahead of anything we can come up with, lol. So it's taken a lot of the fun out of guessing or assuming the organization's thought process.

But it's going to be super exciting, especially during the draft, seeing who we take with knowing how the first draft under Scot has went. We can legitimately project these draft picks into roles without it being totally based on blind hope.   

Yup, I'd say just getting one elite guy in the secondary would do wonders, though. I'm high on Culliver, so maybe he's that guy still. Hopefully he can come back from that knee quickly. And Breeland has a solid chance at becoming one as well. But, yeah, someone who could make game changing plays consistently in the secondary will do wonders.  

Yes I agree. I don't think Seattle can afford to keep paying all there guys mega bucks so I'm hoping somehow the Redskins get a shot at Kam Chancellor. He strikes fear in opponents and would be an impact player., 

Yes I agree. I don't think Seattle can afford to keep paying all there guys mega bucks so I'm hoping somehow the Redskins get a shot at Kam Chancellor. He strikes fear in opponents and would be an impact player., 

Seattle can afford to pay big bucks and they will work the cap.  Allen has enough money to make Snyder his cleaning lady.

BTW, England.  Isn't that the place that dummies drive on the wrong side of the road?  And the place where they still think they have an empire?  :)

Martin, I've found it. 

Remember our discussion about wicket cam and thus pylon cam? Looks like our influence made pylon cam a reality. 

Here's the Arizona cricket association

Yeah, I fell for it!

Here's the thing I was in Chandler yesterday and drove past a sports park which is under a mile from my house. There was a cricket match going on!

Washington Redskins @Redskins 13m13 minutes ago

This little guy doesn't seem happy about the cold weather or the offseason either. #Redskins #HTTR

CY7HtagWsAAnOUA.jpg

Joe Jacoby Retweeted

Some really good Non-FBS talent will be in @TheDreamBowl this week. Here's our preview: http://footballgameplan.com/fbgps-2016-dream-bowl-preview/ 

CYyZrhbW8AE8C4S.jpg
CYyZrnGWYAEVlwn.jpg

Archived