Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Multiple: The media infatuation for the Cowboys

Alaskins

34 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Randomness this morning on MLB Radio, former Nationals idiot GM Jim Bowden: Cowboys win the Super Bowl, they have the best O-line in the league, Elliot will be Adrian Peterson, without the fumbles (so...better than Adrian Peterson). Did I mention how big of a moron Bowden is?

Yeah, that's idiotic. I guess someone should explain to Bowden that you have to have some semblance of a defense to win a SB. Or a QB that can get thru the season.

They may very well win the East. But I can't see them going any farther than we did last year.

It is a ****ing outrage that Jerry Jones is now up for HOF consideration. Guy didn't build his 90's SB teams, basically flailed around creating a failure of a mediocre circus for 20 years as GM, and the team has only recently started to recover and be decent because his son has final say and more sense than he does. 

I get that its more about how his team and his brand and his behind the scenes work has helped the NFL spread its influence and popularity while he's been the owner of the Cowboys...its a Contributor spot in the HOF....

But its still a disgrace to even consider this jackhole for the HOF. 

And I'm not someone who blindly hates on our division rivals, I used to be one of the ones who would disagree with Tr1 and Bubba and try to take a more reasonable stance on these teams...

But this is just outlandish. There has to be a better choice than Jones if you want to recognize an owner for the enormous explosion of popularity the NFL has enjoyed in the last 20 years.

Why the hell is the media drooling over Dak Prescott? The way they and cowboys fans are talking he is the best QB in the NFL...He played against a crap Rams team playing soft coverage and basicly locked onto every receiver that he threw the ball too...

1 hour ago, bh32 said:

Why the hell is the media drooling over Dak Prescott? The way they and cowboys fans are talking he is the best QB in the NFL...He played against a crap Rams team playing soft coverage and basicly locked onto every receiver that he threw the ball too...

I don't get it either. Had a Cowboys fan at work lauding Prescott today. While I agreed with him that Dak looked great, I told him I needed to see more. He seemed offended that I didn't think he was the next Cam Newton. Sigh.

On August 16, 2016 at 9:54 PM, Ray-Ban Dan said:

I don't get it either. Had a Cowboys fan at work lauding Prescott today. While I agreed with him that Dak looked great, I told him I needed to see more. He seemed offended that I didn't think he was the next Cam Newton. Sigh.

Seems to be the norm in Dallas. Some are already saying we need to cut or trade Romo sits to pee.

They wonder why they mock us lol 

15 hours ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

Seems to be the norm in Dallas. Some are already saying we need to cut or trade Romo sits to pee sits to pee sits to pee sits to pee.

Does "Romo sits to pee sits to pee sits to pee" have a new auto correct on this board? :ols:

Edit- yes, yes he does! :ols::ols::ols: 

Edit 2- it seems buggy though, added a new "sits to pee" when I edited this

On 8/18/2016 at 6:17 PM, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

Seems to be the norm in Dallas. Some are already saying we need to cut or trade (Loosen up Sandy baby. You're wound way to tight.) sits to pee.

You are like the lamest Cowboys fan ever, seeking acceptance on a skins board. At least bh32 keeps it real over at the 'Zone. I respect that. There are far more Cowboys fans stating to pump the brakes on Dak then the other way around. But you would rather perpetrate and act like your view represents all Cowboys fans so you can be the "respected" opponent over here. 

10 hours ago, dogunwo said:

You are like the lamest Cowboys fan ever, seeking acceptance on a skins board. At least bh32 keeps it real over at the 'Zone. I respect that. There are far more Cowboys fans stating to pump the brakes on Dak then the other way around. But you would rather perpetrate and act like your view represents all Cowboys fans so you can be the "respected" opponent over here. 

Why is this a problem for you?

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

Why is this a problem for you?

Would you yourself go to a Cowboys board and frequently belittle the Skins and misrepresent "facts" just so you can be liked there? 

It isn't a problem for me, just stated that he was lame for that. 

7 hours ago, dogunwo said:

Would you yourself go to a Cowboys board and frequently belittle the Skins and misrepresent "facts" just so you can be liked there? 

It isn't a problem for me, just stated that he was lame for that. 

I wouldn't, but that doesn't make him a bad dude for it, or lame.

Maybe he just wants to come to a place that he can have some civil conversation. He isn't going to get that at CowboyZone. :) 

On August 24, 2016 at 10:39 PM, dogunwo said:

Lame? Appreciate it.

More so a realist who has seen the ups and downs. 

Thank you and your knowledge on the Dallas Cowboys and me not knowing anything.

1 hour ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

Lame? Appreciate it.

More so a realist who has seen the ups and downs. 

Thank you and your knowledge on the Dallas Cowboys and me not knowing anything.

Sheesh.  I, and I'm sure many others, appreciate your contributions to this board.  But you need to update your username again.  ☺

EDIT. Maybe Alfred Morris 46?  ?

On 8/24/2016 at 7:39 PM, dogunwo said:

He's earned more respect around here than you have so far lol...

On 8/25/2016 at 11:14 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

How many times is he going to have to update that username? :ols:

I think he should take on Dak's name or Elliott's name now...every player who he changes his screen name to ends up off the team not long after lol.

It's nice to see Cowboys with something to fight about.  That Romo will stay healthy this time game must have been getting tiring.

I liked Dak in college, hopefully he can win enough games to make it really hurt when Kirk beats them for the next 10 years.

Elliot does not scare me.  He'll flame out one way or another, something is wrong upstairs it seems.  DM29, you should use Ewok Elliot 21 next IMO.

B7NKksMCcAIqgdy.jpg

ezekiel-elliott-wears-crop-top-to-nfl-dr

41 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

He's earned more respect around here than you have so far lol...

That's cool. I couldn't care less if I am liked or not. I actually rarely post. I like to get a different perspective of Redskins and other teams news from different fan bases, which is why I am even a member. I guess as long I don't break any rules, there's nothing you can do about it. Lol. I felt compelled to reply to another Cowboys "fan". Now going back to lurking. 

33 minutes ago, dogunwo said:

That's cool. I couldn't care less if I am liked or not. I actually rarely post. I like to get a different perspective of Redskins and other teams news from different fan bases, which is why I am even a member. I guess as long I don't break any rules, there's nothing you can do about it. Lol. I felt compelled to reply to another Cowboys "fan". Now going back to lurking. 

So basically you rarely post, yet felt the need to post to attack an opposing fan, and didn't get the support you were hoping for, so you're going to go away again? Gotcha.

• 1 month later...

DAL Strength of Schedule:

VS. NYG (L) 3-3, @ WSH (W) 4-2, VS CHI (W) 1-5, @ SF (W) 1-5, VS CIN (W) 2-4, @ GB (W) 3-2; Combined Record: 14-21

WAS Strength of Schedule:

VS PIT (L) 4-2, VS DAL (L) 5-1, @ NYG (W) 3-3, VS CLE (W) 0-6, @ BAL (W) 3-3, VS PHI (W) 3-2; Combined Record: 18-17

Just saying... I do think Dallas is a good team, but I wonder if they're getting more credit for the previous resumes of the teams they beat (CIN and GB) than what those teams actually are this year.

Let's not hate and give credit where credit is due.  They're 5-1 with a 4th round rookie QB and a under-talented but very well coached defense.  They won every game and were close to beating the Giants opening weekend.  Yes, we should've whooped their ass by 14-21 points but outside of that, they've been impressive on both offense and defense for the entire year.  

Having said that, I think that their lack of talent on D will eventually catch up to them(Marinelli and crew can only do so much) and conventional wisdom leads you to believe that defensive coordinators will figure out Dak's weaknesses and exploit them as the season progresses.  

• 2 months later...

Um, because he plays behind an offensive line that gives him months to throw the ball, has the best running game in the NFL to rely on, Dez Bryant, and a HOF TE.

"Experts" like to point to Cousins weapons and system make him look better...but then clamor for Dak Prescott for MVP? How about put Cousins in that Dallas offense. Put Prescott on the Redskins offense. Who do you think performs better? I shudder to think what Cousins could do with a running game like Dallas'. He would PA them to death

Archived