Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins To Unveil Drawings Of New Stadium :CSN Mid Atlantic

DButz65

My bet is that it is somewhere in Ashburn or West of the beltway. I only think Ashburn because of the people in Loudoun and Fairfax. Great fan/attendance base, two of the riches counties in the US, still some land available, and accessible by metro.. somewhat.

Being cold is the worst thing in the world. Second worst is having a cold.

I like to be warm and comfortable when I'm looking at my glorious brightly colored modernized football uniforms

Heated seats? 

I actually love contrast in temperature. There's nothing that feels so good as having a warm shower outside with the nip of cool air tantalizing the skin.  

I want a retractable roof because I hate looking at the schedule for games I want to go to and realizing every game from mid November to the end of the season I won't be going to because of the cold.

So leave the roof open when it's warm and close it up when it's cold so we can have a nice cozy game atmosphere every week

don't be a baby, its DC. we've had a lot of years where there's a few surprise weekends in december with weather in the 50s and 60s. thats not cold at all. and most of the time november isn't that bad at all. you want cold? go to the midwest in november and december. i guarantee you you'll be coming back here wearing shorts all december after that cold mess :lol: 

i know cause my parents grew up in Iowa, where they were miserable anytime after september, until moving to DC/NoVa.

Hello PSLs and good bye me..........

I ain't paying no PSL

I second third that. 

A while back the team sent out a survey for amenities and other items the spectators would like in a new stadium.  Everywhere I could I mentioned that if it comes with PSL's I'm not renewing. The idea that you have to pay for the right to purchase season tickets is ridiculous.  Unfortunately it's becoming the norm for new stadiums.  The teams are worth hundreds of millions (if not billions) of dollars and they choose to hit up the potential season ticket holders for the cash in advance to build a new stadium.

Cliche, heard that line a million times already. Traffic is bad everywhere.

Google Indian Head HWY southeast of National Harbor. 

Bye. 

That is nothing compared to Wisconsin Ave. in Rockville, but ok. 

BTW, that part of Indian Head is that bad due to the National Harbor. It's literally a mile away, lol. 

Goodnight. 

don't be a baby, its DC. we've had a lot of years where there's a few surprise weekends in december with weather in the 50s and 60s. thats not cold at all. and most of the time november isn't that bad at all. you want cold? go to the midwest in november and december. i guarantee you you'll be coming back here wearing shorts all december after that cold mess :lol:

i know cause my parents grew up in Iowa, where they were miserable anytime after september, until moving to DC/NoVa.

Yeah sometimes it stays fairly warm later in the year like it did this year but usually it's cold and windy and not worth the time.

Oh yeah..I grew up in the south...but, in my 20s I lived in Chicago and I would come back home for Christmas visits....I'd go from -10 to 32 degrees and it was like a spring day compared to Chi-town...everyone would be bundled up like Eskimos and I'd be fine in shorts and flip flops...ahhaha people would look at me like I had a third eye...acclimation.. its what makes our species great...

Heated seats?

I actually love contrast in temperature. There's nothing that feels so good as having a warm shower outside with the nip of cool air tantalizing the skin.

Heated seats would be great for those days when the ceiling is closed but the AC still gets a little too chilly

Oh yeah..I grew up in the south...but, in my 20s I lived in Chicago and I would come back home for Christmas visits....I'd go from -10 to 32 degrees and it was like a spring day compared to Chi-town...everyone would be bundled up like Eskimos and I'd be fine in shorts and flip flops...ahhaha people would look at me like I had a third eye...acclimation.. its what makes our species great...

Noticed this when I went to Orlando for Christmas last year. We were in the pool all week and loving it while the locals were walking around with jackets saying it too cool to be in water

I want it to look and feel like a huge Teepee.

That would be awesome!! Not a terribly hard design with some sorta graphene material and todays space age polymers..and the natural sunlight focused through the small circular hole in the roof would act like a spotlight for the Redskins Emblem at the fifty yard line...

Heated seats would be great for those days when the ceiling is closed but the AC still gets a little too chilly

Noticed this when I went to Orlando for Christmas last year. We were in the pool all week and loving it while the locals were walking around with jackets saying it too cool to be in water

lol I know...Now I live at the beach so when it gets in the low fifties, I'm like, "Close that winder!! It's cold in here!"

Yeah man I want a football stadium, not some Aquaman/Bikini Bottom nonsense

I love the Cardinals stadium, at least the way it looks on the inside and they have a retractable roof and natural turf too which they can slide out of the stadium so it isn't damaged when they host concerts etc. that would work great for us

Unrelated but...

I really want a stadium that looks and feels Redskins. I want burgundy and gold all over the place. Logos, scripts Rs on the seats, colorful corner walls in the endzone. Things like that add a character and feel to the stadium that make it feel like home rather than a lifeless bowl of seats.

Examples:

69_Panther_Eyes_in_End_Zone.jpg

img_20121216_163414_757.jpg

c4s_stadium082911_188794a_8col.jpg

New York got a super bowl even though its open air because, well, its New York. Rather have the open-air, RFK feel to it, even if it nixes our chance for a super bowl in our stadium. Shoot, does anyone really want to watch another team win a championship in our stadium anyway? I don't.

Yeah but Mara is the owner.

Everyone I know Giants and jets fans are disappointed in the bland stadium. Having two teams it should have been more well thought out of, instead the owners pocked the money. Look at it this way boys. Every week it makes money! Not including concerts and soccer games.

Dunno. He's stripped out like 15k seats from Fedex over the last few years. I think (hope) he gets the idea of a smaller, more passionate crowd.

But I kinda feel like the "less is more" argument only comes about because all the losing had taken a toll. If RFK had 80k instead of 55k in the 80s, they still woulda packed that joint with rabid fans. It's like we're trying to manufacture ways of keeping opposing fans out and/or empty seats in the stadium rather than just having a good product do it.

Archived