Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Florida....? oh yeah, Florida.

mcsluggo

9 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

I'm in Florida right now (vacation). Florida = national treasure. Quit knockin' it China. If you came down here you'd never want to go back up to the

frozen North again. 

I spend a week there every year and have for the past 20 years.  Altogether I have been going to Florida for more than 40 years.  There's lot's of great stuff to visit, but that doesn't mean the sun hasn't baked peoples' brains and they shouldn't be mocked.

• Like 1

Man Arrested After Bringing Meth To Police Station To Have It Tested By Cops

A man concerned that he had been rooked by a methamphetamine dealer contacted Florida police and asked them to test his drugs and “press charges” 

against the dealer if he had “been given the wrong narcotics,” according to an arrest report.

On Tuesday afternoon, Douglas Peter Kelly, 49, called the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office and told a deputy that he had a “violent reaction” after smoking what he thought was “speed.” Kelly told cops that he believed that the drug in question was actually Flakka, the notorious synthetic stimulant.

After speaking with cops, Kelly drove to the sheriff’s office "because he wished to have the illegal narcotics tested." Kelly subsequently provided cops with a piece of aluminum foil that contained a “clear, crystal-like substance.”

A field test of the substance provided by Kelly resulted in a “positive reaction for the presence of methamphetamine,” police reported. 

Click on the link for the full article

4 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

No automatic alt text available.

...seems legit.   

Riggo-toni posted that story back in April, a couple of pages back. You should check it out for the accompanying photo of the perpetrators:

25 minutes ago, China said:

Riggo-toni posted that story back in April, a couple of pages back. You should check it out for the accompanying photo of the perpetrators:

what ever he linked to... is blocked by my firewall here :(

2 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I pray your right TGB. I have never really lived this deep in the south but so far the people are incredibly friendly and pro-military. Which is a complete 180 from my last duty station at Hickam Afld.

They are usually pretty good to the Air Force people.  Sometimes they even treat them like they are members of a real branch of the military.

• Haha 4

Jellyfish Sting More Than 1000 People in Florida Over Four-Day Period

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – It’s a moon jellyfish free-for-all on central Florida beaches. An unusually large swarm of jellyfish have stung an estimated 1,200 beach-goers over four days in Volusia County.

Jellyfish are not unusual in the area. Winds and currents push them ashore once or twice a year, Volusia County spokeswoman Captain Tamra Malphurs says. But the volume is unusual.

Tonya Kronk of Daytona Beach was among the unlucky. She took her body board out past a sandbar, and “it wasn’t five minutes before I got stung,” she tells CNN. “It just kinda stuck to my leg… and I couldn’t get it off fast enough.” The injuries were “pretty bad,” she says.

Scientists aren’t certain if jellyfish blooms, which occur about every 20 years, are becoming more common. But zoologist Allen Collins tells Fox that warmer oceans, commercial fishing, agricultural runoff, and artificial reefs may be at least partly to blame.

Malphurs believes the uptick in stings on Florida beaches is probably due to the rising numbers of people using the beach rather than a change in temperature or weather.

UPDATE: Monkey injured Home Depot cashier days before biting customer

OKEECHOBEE — 
A pet spider monkey that attacked a woman outside a Home Depot store in Okeechobee this month was involved in another attack days earlier at the same store, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said. 

Authorities said Tina Ballard of Okeechobee took her animal into the store as she shopped May 27. That incident was not reported to law enforcement, but Ballard was subsequently cited following a second incident June 4, when the animal escaped from a truck in the parking lot and bit a woman woman on her back.

• Haha 1

'I'll be damned if I let him have the last word': What mother, 66, said before 'shooting at her 46-year-old son' as he rode away from her on a bicycle after an argument over her cell phone

A 66-year-old mother has been arrested for allegedly shooting at her adult son after saying: 'I'll be damned if I let him have the last word,' following an argument over a cell phone. 

Priscilla Ann Ethridge was taken into custody on Saturday night after the incident near her home in Panama City Beach, Florida. 

Police say the pair were arguing over her cell phone which she thought he had taken from her. 

They later found it in her house. 

Keystone Virus Makes First Known Jump From Mosquitoes To Humans

Just in time for the hot, humid, bug-bite-riddled summer: Researchers from the University of Florida have confirmed the first known case of a human infected with the mosquito-borne Keystone virus.

A 16-year-old boy in North Central Florida went to an urgent care clinic after coming down with a fever and a severe rash in August 2016, during the Zika outbreak in Florida and the Caribbean.

Doctors couldn't figure out what made him sick. They tested for Zika and various other pathogens but hit a series of dead ends.

"We couldn't identify what was going on," J. Glenn Morris, director of the university's Emerging Pathogens Institute, told NPR member station WUSF. "We screened this with all the standard approaches and it literally took a year and a half of sort of dogged laboratory work to figure out what this virus was."

Researchers published their findings earlier this month in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases.

Elvis impersonator shows up in costume to meet 13-year-old for sex, investigators say

BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. - A Palm Bay man is facing charges after investigators said he dressed as Elvis and tried to meet an underage girl for sex. 

According to an arrest affidavit, Paul Amato, 64, responded to an online ad in March that was posted by an undercover agent with the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office Special Victims Unit. 

According to the affidavit, Amato thought he was contacting the father of a 13-year-old girl who was offering her up for sex. 

Amato described in detail what he wanted to do to the girl and told the agent he was an Elvis impersonator and wanted to wear his Elvis costume when he had sex with the teen, according to the affidavit. 

amato_1529707320040_12075440_ver1.0_1280

He also said he would bring sex toys as gifts for the girl.

That's disgusting. 

What in the hell is wrong with these people ? 

And please don't come in here thinking it is just men. 

I have known plenty of women that try to manipulate men and take advantage of them via many potential avenues. 

Statistics say that I know someone that has been a sex predator ( whether male or female)... Creepy to think, that I probably did/do know at least one. 

Some of you folks with all this social media...probably have known or do know more. 

BLOTTER: Alleged fight starts with cat, escalates to pillow, finishes with couch cushion

NICEVILLE — A 38-year-old woman was arrested for domestic violence after hitting her boyfriend several times with a pillow.

The argument began when the woman threw a cat onto her boyfriend’s lap while he sat on a couch, according to the Niceville Police Department. She then struck him several times with a pillow, then a couch cushion.

xHyMlsl.gif

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

Florida teen trapped in tree after being chased by gator, deputies say

A 15-year-old Florida girl was chased up a tree by an aggressive alligator that ultimately had to be shot and killed by a deputy, according to the Lake County Sheriff’s Office. 

A deputy was called to a home Friday in Astor, located west of Daytona Beach, after the teenager's mother called 911 saying her daughter was “trapped in a tree by a large gator,” according to a report. 

"My daughter is stuck in a tree. There's a gator surrounding her. We can't get her out," the woman told the dispatcher. "She got in the tree to get out of the water. The gator is on land and in the water right under her." 

The girl's father, Mike Henderson, told the deputy his daughter had been in the tree for 30 minutes and there was a 10- to 11-foot alligator at the base of it keeping her from climbing down. 

Man claiming neighbor was shooting microwaves into his brain surrenders after standoff

DELTONA, Fla. - A Deltona man peacefully surrendered Tuesday evening after claiming he planted a bomb at the Volusia County Sheriff's Office before barricading himself in his home, deputies said.

Deputies said they were called at about 6:30 p.m. to a home on North Worthington Drive near Fort Smith Boulevard and Newmark Drive after the anonymous threat was called in.

Investigators said they also received photos of a cellphone bomb.

Deputies said they saw Nicholas Licausi, 52, wearing a backpack as he closed a mailbox and ran into the home, deputies said. When deputies made contact with Licausi, he told them his neighbor had planted a device outside that was shooting microwaves into his brain, deputies said.

https://thereisnews.com/young-men-rent-a-yacht-and-it-sinks-by-excess-of-prostitutes9999/?tin

Young men rent a yacht and it sinks by excess of prostitutes

trioyate-800x445.jpg

It happened last weekend in Miami city when a group of friends rented an unmanned yacht in the port to celebrate the bachelor party of one of them. Although, they have been established a warning which the maximum weight allowed was nine people on the boat. The young men ignored the warning and they “invited” to the yacht a dozen prostitutes.

<more at link>

https://thereisnews.com/young-men-rent-a-yacht-and-it-sinks-by-excess-of-prostitutes9999/?tin

another story, apparently written by bots, auto translated by google-translate to Russian, and then to Thai, and then back to English.