Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 14: Redskins-Bears Video Highlights

Nice game today! Big road game, lots on the line. Wasn't perfect by any means but was a good team win. Will talk about opportunities later, but going to enjoy this one for a few days.

Kirk looked really good outside 2 bad throws - 1 he got away with.  He 24-31 for 77% - 300 yds - 2 Tds ( 1 pass, 1 Rush), and only 1 int. Nice game!

On a side note - dallast is about to lose so we can stop hearing all the talking heads talk about how they still have a chance! May make the last game easier too!

Hate those ****ing cowboys! 

Great to win on the road, Reed is a beast and yes Kirk.......WE LIKED THAT!

Bills next!

HTTR!!

I will be at the game. I have never been to 2 losses in a row. We lost last Monday to dallast while I was there, so if my great influence holds :-) we should get a win!!! 

We can win this game. We just have to be smart. Their secondary is weak. We can beat them if we run enough to keep them from tacking the box. They are 22nd against the pass and 19th against the run.  I like our chances to stop tyrod as long a we keep him in the pocket.

Not the prettiest win, but I'll take it... I hate to be a debbie downer, but this pathetic rush attack has clouded the victory for me. Does everyone realize we are 2nd worst in the league (3.4 avg)? Two things have become blatantly obvious- all stretch off-tackle runs need to be scratched from the playbook and Alf needs to take a seat on the bench next to RG. I hate to say that, Alf is a good guy, but I see no talent in him anymore... No vision, no speed, no cut, no fall-forwardness; he just doesn't fit the power running scheme. This isn't the time to continue square-peg-round-holing it; it cost us a bad loss against the Cowboys and it will bite us again if we don't kick the stubbornness. 

A few other random ADD observations:

-Knocking the run game as hard as I am is even more of a testament to Kirk's talent and leadership

-Jordan Reed... he's somehow even more of a stud than I realized

-Combine comments one and two and it made think- how would Kirk have done and how would this game have panned out without Jordan Reed? 

-I don't know if Trent Murphy could start in the Arena League, the only plays he makes are when he's unblocked. Please, can we see more Preston Smith?

-Easily TW's worst game of the season

-The DHall-at-Safety experiment was fun, but it needs to be terminated. The Forte TD run, the blown coverage on Alshon late in the 4th, and the Zach Miller TDs were all 100% his responsibility. All he's good for is committing bad penalties and popping guys after they've been wrapped up. I don't understand the praise for him, I honestly can't remember one play he's made. 

-Is it possible for us to not hold or block in the back on kickoffs/punt returns??

-That being said, it was nice to watch a game and not have to wonder about a ref conspiracy theory. Well called game.

-Is there a more fragile player than DJax?

-Will Compton is coming along nicely... no idea what his ceiling is, but his floor seems strong enough to stay for a while

-Knighton is a beast... when healthy and not gassed, which, unfortunately is about 5 mins a game.

-For has bad as the play calling was last week, it was just as good this week. It had me guessing half the time

-Sure, we let the Bears battle back, but the team gutted it out. Not a great win, not a pretty win, but it's a win that the 2013-2014 team wouldn't have taken home.

There is a decent chance that the negativity is directly correlated to getting knocked out of the fantasy playoffs... #1 seed, most points scored on the season, yea I'm bitter. 

Not the prettiest win, but I'll take it... I hate to be a debbie downer, but this pathetic rush attack has clouded the victory for me. Does everyone realize we are 2nd worst in the league (3.4 avg)? Two things have become blatantly obvious- all stretch off-tackle runs need to be scratched from the playbook and Alf needs to take a seat on the bench next to RG. I hate to say that, Alf is a good guy, but I see no talent in him anymore... No vision, no speed, no cut, no fall-forwardness; he just doesn't fit the power running scheme. This isn't the time to continue square-peg-round-holing it; it cost us a bad loss against the Cowboys and it will bite us again if we don't kick the stubbornness. 

Edit - per the rules....

There is a decent chance that the negativity is directly correlated to getting knocked out of the fantasy playoffs... #1 seed, most points scored on the season, yea I'm bitter. 

I see we were a little grumpy yesterday... :-)  I actually agree with a lot of what you said. there are few things I am not sure I am with you on:

RE: Rushing attack - Agree is pathetic. Having said that, it's starting to gain a little ground (all puns intended). But                          I agree not nearly enough. My personal opinion it's on Leribeus. Look for Arie to really push for the starting C next year. That dude is a beast. WE would have a serious line.

Knocking the run game as hard as I am is even more of a testament to Kirk's talent and leadership --> Agree.

-Jordan Reed... he's somehow even more of a stud than I realized - Agree

-Combine comments one and two and it made think- how would Kirk have done and how would this game have panned out without Jordan Reed? 

-I don't know if Trent Murphy could start in the Arena League, the only plays he makes are when he's unblocked. Please, can we see more Preston Smith? - Trent has played a little better than people think. But he has not been lights out. It will be a heck of a battle in spring training.

-Easily TW's worst game of the season - Maybe worst of his career. He got ate up. The good news he will come out with fire and want to rip people apart, Look for a great game from him, probably excellent play from here on out, with an edge to him!

-The DHall-at-Safety experiment was fun, but it needs to be terminated. The Forte TD run, the blown coverage on Alshon late in the 4th, and the Zach Miller TDs were all 100% his responsibility. All he's good for is committing bad penalties and popping guys after they've been wrapped up. I don't understand the praise for him, I honestly can't remember one play he's made. -- Not sure we have a choice right now, To short on bodies. Off-season he is gone IMO.

-Is it possible for us to not hold or block in the back on kickoffs/punt returns?? - Not sure about this one. I think some of it is refs. Because CHi got called too. I went back and watched the replay and a few of those on both sides were real ticky tacky IMO.

-That being said, it was nice to watch a game and not have to wonder about a ref conspiracy theory. Well called game.

-Is there a more fragile player than DJax? - Not sure I agree with that. He landed hard and awkward. He aslo came back in and despite the one pass he could not get to he caught a few nice balls. He was really trying to guy help the team. Have to admit he was toughing it out.

-Will Compton is coming along nicely... no idea what his ceiling is, but his floor seems strong enough to stay for a while - Talk about a pleasant surprise! He and Mason have formed a very quick bond. Starters may have hard time getting back in the field.

-Knighton is a beast... when healthy and not gassed, which, unfortunately is about 5 mins a game. - I see him getting better each week. That injury at the ste

-For has bad as the play calling was last week, it was just as good this week. It had me guessing half the time - Agree - Although at least some of last

-Sure, we let the Bears battle back, but the team gutted it out. Not a great win, not a pretty win, but it's a win that the 2013-2014 team wouldn't have taken home. -- Agree

I see Compton and Robinson as our ilb's next year at training camp, hard to say if Foster will be invited back. McCloughan is a hard guy to figure, he sees things differently than most GM's.

Hall has got to go, so many misplays are right in his lap. But I do understand having him out there as he is guiding the young cb's on what to expect on the next play, generally sharing information to help the team.

DJax is having a gimpy year starting with that hammy early. But he was an inspiration to the team after he was hurt he returned to try and grind it out. I give him a pass, if he had stayed out he had better be serious.

As far as the Silverback goes. A tackle can have a great year, heading towards ProBowl but you get a holding call and give up a sack and fans are critical of him. That was only his 1st or 2nd sack he gave up all year. From the sheer volume of offensive plays each game, through 13 games, not too shabby.

If Preston Smith was really outplaying Trent Murphy consistantly then I'm pretty sure his share of snaps would increase. I do see Smith on the field more late in the game. Coaches are going to play who gives them the best chance to win every week. Have to defer to the staff, they see those guys every week.

And the last thing- It's Wednesday can we move on to the Bills game? Not directed at you guys but at this site.

-

I see Compton and Robinson as our ilb's next year at training camp, hard to say if Foster will be invited back. McCloughan is a hard guy to figure, he sees things differently than most GM's.   --> I think there will be a lot of competition for LB. Many of the guys have flashed then been ok. Lots of injuries making it hard to see what you have. My instincts say one of those will make the other will not, but who knows. I will ay Compton and Mason are playing very well together.

Hall has got to go, so many misplays are right in his lap. But I do understand having him out there as he is guiding the young cb's on what to expect on the next play, generally sharing information to help the team. --> You are right here. I like Hall (used to hate him). But it's time. Right now I think it's more of him being a body than anything else. But this needs to be his last year.

DJax is having a gimpy year starting with that hammy early. But he was an inspiration to the team after he was hurt he returned to try and grind it out. I give him a pass, if he had stayed out he had better be serious. --> I like his grittiness this year in the face of some injury. He clearly wants to be part of something.

As far as the Silverback goes. A tackle can have a great year, heading towards ProBowl but you get a holding call and give up a sack and fans are critical of him. That was only his 1st or 2nd sack he gave up all year. From the sheer volume of offensive plays each game, through 13 games, not too shabby.  --> I didn't mean to imply is was a trend. He had a bad day at the office. We all do. He will come back anting blood. That's good for us.

If Preston Smith was really outplaying Trent Murphy consistantly then I'm pretty sure his share of snaps would increase. I do see Smith on the field more late in the game. Coaches are going to play who gives them the best chance to win every week. Have to defer to the staff, they see those guys every week. - I agree.

And the last thing- It's Wednesday can we move on to the Bills game? Not directed at you guys but at this site.  Totally agree!! 

See replies above.

Archived