Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Today's **** coaches

Apache21

Remember when Spurrier had Brunell do the kickoff? Well, kickoff is an overstatement. I forget how far the ball rolled. I did laugh at Spurrier afterwards saying he thought at least Brunell would have gotten a running start. LOL

Brunell wasn't here under Spurrier. Brunell came in with Gibbs.

Dumber crunch time play this past week, Odell kicking the ball after an incompletion or Desean running 22 yards backward then fumbling?

I'd say kicking the ball. Dead ball fouls are 100% inexcusable with nothing to gain AT ALL. With DeSean, it was stupid, but if a miracle had happened like he had in 2010, he'd be our hero for the rest of the year. Unlikely, yes, but still with more upside than kicking a dead ball.

Brunell wasn't here under Spurrier. Brunell came in with Gibbs.

I'd say kicking the ball. Dead ball fouls are 100% inexcusable with nothing to gain AT ALL. With DeSean, it was stupid, but if a miracle had happened like he had in 2010, he'd be our hero for the rest of the year. Unlikely, yes, but still with more upside than kicking a dead ball.

Sorry, it was Danny Wuerffel.

http://staugustine.com/stories/090902/spo_972706.shtml#.VmnO4GK9KSN

I don't coach football. But, I do lead people.

My rule is this: if you **** up once, it's my fault. If you **** the same **** up again, it's your fault and I'll call you on it in private. If you go on to **** it up yet again, you're on your way out. Everyone in my team knows this and acts appropriately.

Maybe Gruden has a similar rule that the team and coaches know. If so, there would be no need for him to say anything publicly since DJax would already know the repercussions (either Gruden takes the blame if it's strike one, Gruden chews DJax' ass out if it's strike two, or DJax gets worse punishment if it's strike three, probably leading to him leaving the team when it's convenient to get rid of him).

If that's the case you shouldn't be concerned. Discipline doesn't have to happen on national TV.

Archived