Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help Get Joe Jacoby into the Hall of Fame

Leader In Sports

I am asking all Redskin fans to help get #66 the honor that is long overdue.

Joe Jacoby is now a 6th time semi finalist (last 4 in a row) for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.  In the past attempts, he has never gotten past this step.

One of the key voters (who happens to be from Dallas) has an online survey asking fans to vote on which long standing semi finalist is most deserving of moving on to become a finalist.  I am asking Redskins Nation to come together and vote for Jake.  Vote by clicking on his name at the bottom of the page under Roger Craigs's photo:

http://www.talkoffamenetwork.com/which-hall-of-fame-candidate-with-the-most-patience-is-the-most-deserving/

Full disclosure, I am Joe Jacoby's appearance agent.

Thanks and HTTR

Rich Lieberman

Leader In Sports

Voted and he's got 89% of the vote.

Mike Kenn is probably at least as deserving and has only 9 votes but IMO Jacoby should've been inducted before Grimm was.

I remember Mike Kenn - he was an outstanding pass blocker, his nickname was "Computer feet". But as a run blocker he wasn't in a league with Jacoby. 

Pretty much no one was.

AS a side note - I was bored the other night so rewatched superbowl XXVI - wow - I knew we were good, but that team was a juggernaut. We stomped a very very good Buffalo team.

Honorable mention should go to Jim Lachey who was so good they moved Jacoby to right tackle (which he excelled at) so Lachey could play left tackle - I still maintain that if Lachey had stayed healthy he would be a certainty for the HOF, but I still want to see Big Jake in

Could make an argument for Clark, I think.

Yep. According to Peter King, in his zeal to keep Art Monk out of the HoF, it was Clark that all the OCs feared. :)

You can also make a case for Jeff Bostic. He was the center for all four of the Redskins' Super Bowl appearances.

The only guy I would consider over Jacoby is Coryell.

Jacoby has 4SB appearances, 3 rings, all decade LT. Think about this - the Skins broke the SB rushing record TWICE with TWO DIFFERENT RBs! Jacoby is the constant link between all 4 SB teams. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing other OL get in before him.

Archived