Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seattle Times:Girls in California latest to seek to become Boy Scouts

Zguy28

So that guy comes up to me when I'm age 17 and tells me they want to vote me in.  That no Eagle Scout shouldn't not be in already.  I told him it was a joke and popularity contest and I would not accept it.  He got pretty pissed about that.

Hahahahaha.

I remember when they asked me to go multiple times and I said no. They seemed genuinely confused as to why I wouldn't want to be in OA.

I wanted my Eagle Scout for what it was worth, but I had no desire for OA. You nailed it, it was a popularity contest among some of the dorkiest; the whole thing sounded silly to me. I don't know anyone other than people that made Scouts their life (and became involved in BSA once they turned 18) that considered it anything other than a gigantic waste of time.

I'm all for it. There's nothing wrong with just a general term: "Scouting". Particularly at the younger ages. Even in teens, as long as there is adequate supervision I'm all for it. 

At the same time, let's not force the boy scouts and girl scouts to integrate. Just create a separate entity for mixed-Scouting. 

Archived