Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

JUST IN: That Border Chief Who Absolutely Refused To Quit Under Threat Biden Would Fire Him? He Quit

Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Chris Magnus has resigned after vowing he would not resign under threat of being fired by President Joe Biden.

In a statement emailed to Mediaite, White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre announced the resignation, and President Biden’s gratitude and well wishes to Mr. Magnus.

The resignation comes hours after Magnus went to the press to declare he absolutely would not be resigning after he was ordered to do so, or risk being fired by the president.

“I want to make this clear: I have no plans to resign as C.B.P. commissioner,” Magnus said hours before resigning as CBP commissioner.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 3

Gov. Greg Abbott declares immigration from Mexico to be invasion

Gov. Greg Abbott says he has invoked the Invasion Clauses of the U.S. and Texas Constitutions to declare immigration from Mexico as an invasion.

Gov. Abbott says he will "fully authorize Texas to take unprecedented measures to defend our state against an invasion."

Gov. Abbott says the following steps will be taken by the state:

• Deploy the National Guard to safeguard the border, and to repel and turn back immigrants trying to cross the border illegally
  • Deploy the Texas Dept. of Public Safety (DPS) to arrest and return immigrants to the border who crossed illegally, and to arrest illegal immigrants for criminal activity;
  • Build a wall in multiple counties on the border;
  • Deploy gun boats;
  • Designate Mexican drug cartels as foreign terrorist organizations;
  • Enter into a compact with other states to secure the border; 
  • Enter into agreements with foreign powers to enhance border security;
  • Provide resources for border counties to increase their efforts to respond to the "border invasion."

Texas governor says bus carrying asylum seekers is heading to Philadelphia

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announced Tuesday that a bus of migrants is indeed coming to Philadelphia.

The bus, believed to originating from Del Rio, Texas, is set to arrive at 30th Street Station on Wednesday morning.

Philadelphia joins Washington, D.C., New York City and Chicago as destinations for asylum seekers being sent out of Texas.

In a statement, Abbott, a Republican, criticized the Biden administration's border policies, saying Texas is "overwhelmed by the historic influx of migrants."

Abbott said Texas will continue to add more sanctuary cities as drop-off locations "until the Biden Administration does its job and provides Texas and the American people with sustainable border security."

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

I don't know what the state rules are, but usually for federal projects like that an environmental assessment/impact analysis is required before you can proceed.  If the state has a similar law, I would think somebody could sue on that basis.

Edited by China

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

It's the kind of thing you do TO someone, not to yourself, like buying drumsets and fingerpaints for your nephews.

I bought my 7 year old nephew a model rocket kit.  His mom was not happy.

Edit:  Oh and a pocket knife.

Edited by The Annoying Buzz
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

You know, I'm just seriously disgusted by this. I can't imagine doing this to people on any day let alone Christmas eve. 

What the **** is wrong with these assholes that thos is how little they view human life as to use them as political pawns.

Got to be honest, the Republicans are clearly not interested in the best interests of the people they "represent" as much as they are in their own agendas. It's ****ing ridiculous. 

And to think these sorry mother****ers have the audacity to say they are standing up for the people's rights in their respective communities is laughable at best.

Think about this twisted **** for a minute. You have the gall to send these people (they are human beings regardless of whether they are illegals or not) to another state in the mid teens temperature, drop them off in front of a house,  and say see ya with no shoes and blankets.

This is what had been elected to represent us?!? No, folks. This is pieces of **** that got into office to line their pockets. They don't give a **** about you, me, or anything we need or want for our country.

I wish yall a Merry Christmas to you and yours. But in our country, it's not very Merry with the state of the Trump kingdom.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

19 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

You know, I'm just seriously disgusted by this. I can't imagine doing this to people on any day let alone Christmas eve. 

What the **** is wrong with these assholes that thos is how little they view human life as to use them as political pawns.

Got to be honest, the Republicans are clearly not interested in the best interests of the people they "represent" as much as they are in their own agendas. It's ****ing ridiculous. 

And to think these sorry mother****ers have the audacity to say they are standing up for the people's rights in their respective communities is laughable at best.

Think about this twisted **** for a minute. You have the gall to send these people (they are human beings regardless of whether they are illegals or not) to another state in the mid teens temperature, drop them off in front of a house,  and say see ya with no shoes and blankets.

This is what had been elected to represent us?!? No, folks. This is pieces of **** that got into office to line their pockets. They don't give a **** about you, me, or anything we need or want for our country.

I wish yall a Merry Christmas to you and yours. But in our country, it's not very Merry with the state of the Trump kingdom.

It helps if you remember that their definition of "people" and "human" is strongly tied to skin tone, religion and sexuality.  Once you realize this, you can easily see how they dont feel any shame over their behavior...afterall they weren't doing anything to "real" people.

Merry Christmas!

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Now to me, the storage container wall is a smart idea. Cheap and efficient. And through a wild life forest? That looked like a desert to me. 🧐 

Im neither enthused or outraged by it, but I imagine it is a lot easier to be outraged when you live thousands of miles away.

🤷‍♀️

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

27 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

It's completely ****ing stoopid and wasteful. Take about 30 seconds to climb up and over two stacked shipping containers. Cheap and efficient? Maybe. Effective? Highly unlikely. 

It’s about as effective as anything else…. Send me a video of you shimmying up 24ft of cargo container then we’ll talk about how easy it is to climb over.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Haha 1