Burgold

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Recommended Posts

The guy in the green shirt laughing his ass off at the MAGA gal is trending heavily now on Twitter. :ols:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

 

Quote

The raids happened in small towns near Jackson with a workforce made up largely of Latino immigrants. The towns hit include Bay Springs, Carthage, Canton, Morton, Pelahatchie and Sebastapol.

 

U.S. immigration officials have launched raids at several Mississippi food processing plants.

 

A U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement official said Wednesday that search warrants were executed at seven locations across the state targeting several companies. They include the Morton plant of poultry producer Koch Foods Inc., which has no relation to Charles and David Koch. The official spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because details of the operation were not intended for publication.

 

The official says owners as well as employees are targeted in a federal criminal investigation.

 

The AP witnessed dozens of agents ready to process the workers inside a military facility in Flowood, Miss., with seven lines, one for each location.

 

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Lost in most of the general immigration tussle is our jobs situation. For the past four months, we have averaged 0.8 unemployed workers per job opening in the U.S.

 

I have been banging the drum for months about how there is one industrialized nation not facing the problem of an aging workforce due to retire, and it is the country on our southern border from whom we complain about getting immigrants. We are at a point where the lack of workers is slowing our economic growth.

 

Now we can also look at what the threat of tariffs w Mexico did for our projected GDP. The thing is a trade war w China involves tarriffs on end goods. Due to NAFTA, we have goods move back and forth across the border during fabrication. Just the threat of tarriffs lowered the growth projection for Texas becauase it made the Fed reserve bank there recognize what the current impact is of our hyper vigilance on the border. Up until a few months ago, it took a few hours for trucks to go through customs. It went from a few hour average to a day. 

 

People act like keeping immigrants out will help their situation. Mostly, we are just shooting ourselves in the foot for the sake of some white supremacist wet dream of how our country should look and operate.

Edited by gbear
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering why it seems to be so hard for ICE to just get warrants. Is there some reason why they're harder to get than I imagine?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Larry said:

Wondering why it seems to be so hard for ICE to just get warrants. Is there some reason why they're harder to get than I imagine?  

 

the police do not usually get warrants initially either.

 

I thought the bit about if they produced a warrant then the guards would send a copy to the legal dept and await their review amusing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, twa said:

the police do not usually get warrants initially either.

 

I get the impression they do, if they're going to somebody's house, to enter his home and arrest him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Larry said:

 

I get the impression they do, if they're going to somebody's house, to enter his home and arrest him.  

 

was that the home of the person they asked about?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twa said:

 

was that the home of the person they asked about?

 

 

 

The homeless shelter?  The place where the homeless people sleep?

 

Unless they (or you) want to claim they were there after one of the employees.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, visionary said:

 

 

That company needs to step in and help or get boycotted.  I'm 100% the owners of these companies shrugged their shoulders with intent to hire more because they arent the ones being arrested this is broken AF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

 

That company needs to step in and help or get boycotted.  I'm 100% the owners of these companies shrugged their shoulders with intent to hire more because they arent the ones being arrested this is broken AF.

THe owners probably tipped them off:

 

 

 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Larry said:

 

The homeless shelter?  The place where the homeless people sleep?

 

Unless they (or you) want to claim they were there after one of the employees.  

 

So you do not know if they lived there or if someone there reported them visiting someone there or being in the area or ........

 

it would not suprise me if they were after a employee, but I have no evidence of it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, twa said:

 

So you do not know if they lived there or if someone there reported them visiting someone there or being in the area or ........

 

it would not suprise me if they were after a employee, but I have no evidence of it. 

 

 

 

You're right.  

 

Maybe one of the justifications you just pulled out of your Philly gave them the right to enter without a warrant.  

 

I wonder why they didn't just go in, then.  

 

Guess they just aren't as good at inventing excuses as you are.  Or maybe they don't know the rules concerning their own jurisdiction as well as you.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Larry said:

 

You're right.  

 

Maybe one of the justifications you just pulled out of your Philly gave them the right to enter without a warrant.  

 

 

The same philly you pulled out of for a search warrant? :ols:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, twa said:

 

The same philly you pulled out of for a search warrant? :ols:

 

 

 

Uh, I didn't claim any search warrant.  

 

I claimed that law enforcement typically needs a search warrant, to enter somebody's home and arrest them.  

 

Curiously, the ICE seems to believe that they need a warrant, too, as evidenced by the fact that when they were asked for one, they stood around outside the building, and eventually packed up and went back to the donut shop.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Investigations and attempts to locate witnesses or perps are done ALL the time w/o warrants Larry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.