Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

7 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Well, hashtags about abolishing ICE and CBP show a significant lack of understanding of the work of those agencies.

Perhaps. I'd hope that person didn't read the extremely long Facebook post that came after the hashtags. Then, I can give them the benefit of the doubt and know they're not just a feckless ****. 

In this post though, those tags for ICE/CBP were earned. In the myriad of abuses we're reading about almost every day, those tags are earned. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Those serving the country in uniform are already on a track to citizenship. Please don't utilize our armed forces just to prove a point. It's very disrespectful. 

I

Is thst really true? I've seen stories where veterans are deported. I think the Trump administration is deporting anyone that they can. 

Remember, the administration is on record in the media that incarceration and separation of children and families is the policy to discourage others from coming into the U.S.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Except for criminals, yes. The way Trump and his minions treat the Dreamers is unfair also. And the service people and veterans, they should be processed through too. Let these people get on the path to citizenship and they can contribute to Social Security and Medicare. 

It's better than treating them the way we are now. We give billions in corporate welfare that just goes into already wealthy pockets, certainly we can afford to treat people decently.

Maybe I'm just a closet racist Republican, but I'm not convinced that the US would be better off if we had a policy that if (almost) any person who shows up at the border and says the magic word the government will instantly grant them a job, child care, and a home.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I

Is thst really true? I've seen stories where veterans are deported. I think the Trump administration is deporting anyone that they can. 

Remember, the administration is on record in the media that incarceration and separation of children and families is the policy to discourage others from coming into the U.S.

Top Army recruiting station in US is in American Samoa, which doesn't grant automatic citizenship to people born there.  I know someone from Cameroon who's dad died while she was waiting to go to basic training and they wouldn't let her go home to go to his funeral.  From what I'm reading you can apply for the same pathway to citizenship as everyone else, just the fees and time period requirements may be shrunk, same N-400 form.

33 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I

Care to link a story from a worthy source? Also, any response to the 1st question I asked?

Edited by thegreaterbuzzette

16 minutes ago, Larry said:

Maybe I'm just a closet racist Republican, but I'm not convinced that the US would be better off if we had a policy that if (almost) any person who shows up at the border and says the magic word the government will instantly grant them a job, child care, and a home.  

Who said anything about granting a job?  What exactly comes with amnesty that we're saying we don't want to give it to them?  I thought it was meant to be temporary with people being given the chance to apply for citizenship of country they are applying for asslym for?  This is saying asslym seekers aren't typically even authorized for work, that's not the purpose of assylum:

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum/obtaining-asylum-united-states

6 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Care to link a story from a worthy source? Also, any response to the 1st question I asked?

If people, not including criminals, want to move here, then yes. We give all kinds of money to corporations and the extremely wealthy, we can't spare some for people who want to come here and work and become citizens?

Do you consider Military Times as a reliable source?  The Washington Post?

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2019/06/12/ice-is-supposed-to-consider-service-when-deporting-veterans-it-hasnt-been/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/06/08/ice-deported-veterans-while-unaware-it-was-required-screen-them-with-care-report-says/?utm_term=.cda81fd312e9

There's a whole bunch of similar articles if one Googles "veterans deported".

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Who said anything about granting a job?  

5 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Gee, maybe process these people through, find them jobs and housing and childcare if necessary. You know, treat them like the human beings they are.

23 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Find them jobs is entirely dissimilar from give them jobs. 

how?  Assuming there are limited jobs, what makes them more deserving than anyone else who needs help finding jobs? Are you suggesting we “find” them jobs that supposedly “no one wants”, eg, exploitation?

Also, @The Evil Genius that face book post is unverifiable hearsay told from one point of view, it is laughable to #abolish ice based on a facebook post.  It just seems like it’s a person complaining about how they couldn’t see their friend in s detention center... i’m not sure how it makes the case for abolishing ice...

And even if there are real problems with ice (which i say there probably is, especially with that fake coin that was going around) the answer isn’t to abolish immigration enforcement (and therefore have a policy of open boarders)....

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

If people, not including criminals, want to move here, then yes. We give all kinds of money to corporations and the extremely wealthy, we can't spare some for people who want to come here and work and become citizens?

Do you consider Military Times as a reliable source?  The Washington Post?

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2019/06/12/ice-is-supposed-to-consider-service-when-deporting-veterans-it-hasnt-been/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/06/08/ice-deported-veterans-while-unaware-it-was-required-screen-them-with-care-report-says/?utm_term=.cda81fd312e9

Both your sources indicate the rules in place were not followed. That's an entirely different issue.

Also, indicates veterans who did NOT follow thru on the entire process. Would be interested to know why.

Edited by thegreaterbuzzette

Why are we arguing over this crap when human beings are being treated like **** by our government? That's insanity! And the reason why I posted that picture comparing Pence touring the concentration camps to Himmler touring Nazi concentration camps. Because that's the way I view this travesty.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Why are we arguing over this crap when human beings are being treated like **** by our government? That's insanity! And the reason why I posted that picture comparing Pence touring the concentration camps to Himmler touring Nazi concentration camps. Because that's the way I view this travesty.

Of course that's how you view it.  You've allowed yourself to be radicalized by the MSM.  You despise President Trump so much, anything that can possibly portray him or his administration in a bad light has become your rallying call.  You award 0 responsibility to the people illegally crossing the border, despite them knowing that the border facilities are overwhelmed, and instead want to blame Americans for the situation.  Nobody has a right to immigrate to the United States.  The asylum situation on the border is ridiculous.  A mexican flag was just raised over a government facility in Colorado.   The majority of these people have no intention of assimilating into American culture.  The "immigrant" situation is flat out appalling.  The democrats don't care about the people crossing the border.  If they did, they would push to make sure the "immigrants" did it the right way, and didn't have to endure less than optimum conditions.  Unfortunately, the democrats are only concerned about one thing.  Political power.  I suspect you also don't actually care that much about the poor "immigrants".  Political power is at your forefront.  You likely care more about getting President Trump out of office, then actually addressing the situation at the border.  How sad.  You somehow have come to believe, that the detention camps on the border, are equal to germans gassing Jews and POW's in WW2?  I mean honestly.  As much as ya'll here in the Tailgate like to demonize Conservatives....  Just about every single one of the democrat candidates has emphatically supported border security within the last 10 years.  Who is really moving further left or right?  All in the name of political power.  Sickening.  This country, in the social media aspect, is now more about who can virtue signal the most.  That's how you get the most trophies.  Actually talking about issues and figuring out a solution is frowned upon, it's more important that you spout off something ridiculous off and get some likes.  Nazi concentrations camps?!?  I mean, really.  STOP.  It's not true, and you know it isn't true.  STOP dividing people solely for the hope of political power.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

9 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Admiring the fact that point out someone could find information with a simple Google search while the answer to your above question could have been found with a simple......(wait for it)........Google search.

During peacetime, foreign nationals who serve at least one year in the U.S. military must get a green card before they qualify for U.S. citizenship -- but they do enjoy one important advantage. Instead of waiting until they've held their green card for five years before applying for citizenship, they can apply one year after receiving the green card. 

https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/how-get-citizenship-through-military-service.html

8 hours ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Also, indicates veterans who did NOT follow thru on the entire process. Would be interested to know why.

I've had several Sailors not follow through and the reason is usually laziness.  

4 minutes ago, visionary said:

What utter ****.  Anyone who liked that nonsensical idiotic diatribe should bow out now and do some deep introspection before posting again.

While the post comes out like verbal diarrhea, I think there were some valid points in there.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

While the post comes out like verbal diarrhea, I think there were some valid points in there.

Not really.  If you take a grape and cover it in poop, it’s not worth eating the poop to get to the grape.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Pointing out that verbal diarrhea's point was to claim that somebody else had been radicalized by the evil media that they assume the other person watches. 

:)