Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

This is damn near semantics level differences here but Castro is going to have to sell the American people on open borders and I don’t think that’s going to work much less be able to get that passed out in there Senate. So where does that immigration reform go f it’s DOA in Congress? 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:
Shocked i tell ya, shocked 

Right, however the actual Supreme Court decision sounded more like a non decision because they really just delayed the question from going on the census (for now).  In essence it sounds like what they did was punt the decision back down to the lower court, giving both sides more time to justify their position, and the lower court will make their ruling, then it will go right back to the Supreme Court. 

The long game here for the GOP is to say "Ok, Ok.....a few of our operatives had bad intentions with this, BUT.........here is the *real reasons* why the question should go on the census"  

Rather than the Supreme Court making a decisive decision on this, it sounds like they are just giving the conservatives a chance to clean up their reasoning.

13 minutes ago, twa said:

My question would be why would the court consider it a 'important question'???

The results could be useful, and the question has been on the census before.

Yeah, why would it be an "important question"? It would only radically alter how congressional districts are drawn, you know in favor of Republicans.

Here are your parties own leaked internal documents stating clearly the reasons for doing so are to entrench the electoral superiority of Republicans and whites: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/30/us/census-citizenship-question-hofeller.html?login=email&auth=login-email

I suppose lying to the SC as to why you are pursuing this is just normal. Now work your spin away, twist yourself into a pretzel to pretend that this was anything but bare naked racism, public deception by federal agencies and partisan hackery.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, twa said:

Was that why it removed as a question in the past? 

How have you gotten by in life by repeatedly doing the bare ****ing minimum.

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/27/597436512/fact-check-has-citizenship-been-a-standard-census-question

But if the 2020 census form does ultimately ask about citizenship status, it will be the first time the U.S. census has directly asked for the citizenship status of every person living in every household.

1 hour ago, twa said:

On every one thru 1950, and on long form after that....I ask again.....WHY?

Well, if you've got evidence that it was done for discriminatory purposes, or to intentionally cause the census to be wrong, feel free to file a lawsuit, try to issue discovery requests, and head into court with your evidence.  

Or you can try to defend the intentional lying that you're trying to defend by floating nebulous kinda-hints about vague conspiracy theories.  

Edited by Larry

I think a couple of the Dems hit on this point last night but didn't have much time to elaborate.  What we do at the border itself is only 50% (or less) of the immigration issue. (and this is without even getting into how you handle the undocumented folks already in the country that are working and being productive)  Until you address and really try to tackle why so many folks are fleeing their countries in the first place, then the border policy is never going to be as effective as promised.   

The goal should be reducing the numbers of people making the dangerous trip in the first place, and everything up to now is showing that even harsh conditions and wreckless policy is not a deterrent when desperate people feel enduring those conditions are still a better option than staying in their own country. 

31 minutes ago, Larry said:

Well, if you've got evidence that it was done for discriminatory purposes, or to intentionally cause the census to be wrong, feel free to file a lawsuit, try to issue discovery requests, and head into court with your evidence.  

Or you can try to defend the intentional lying that you're trying to defend by floating nebulous kinda-hints about vague conspiracy theories.  

A question that was on every census for a hundred years is now racist and discriminatory?

Can you point to that being why it was removed?

37 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Can't imagine that's a morale booster for the military and I'm still not sure what the endgame here is for the GOP.

You can’t be serious

The endgame is “stopping white genocide.”

We need to stop beating around the bush and giving these monsters the benefit of a doubt. Call it exactly what it is.

34 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Until you address and really try to tackle why so many folks are fleeing their countries in the first place, then the border policy is never going to be as effective as promised

The best way to stop undocumented persons coming to this country is giving real support to those nations are fleeing from. That means stop interfering in their elections and government, offer fair and balanced trade policies that help, and even provide real medical support. The American empire unfortunately won’t do that. 

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

10 minutes ago, twa said:

A question that was on every census for a hundred years is now racist and discriminatory?

Can you point to that being why it was removed?

I don't have to point at anything.  

You're the one trying to defend the intentionally racist act that your guys were just caught lying about by bringing up things that happened before either of us were born.  

8 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The best way to stop undocumented persons coming to this country is giving real support to those nations are fleeing from.

Not sure that it's proven "the best way".  I'd argue that cracking down on the employers who hire illegals might be a contender for "the best way".  

Edited by Larry

1 minute ago, Larry said:

I don't have to point at anything.  

You're the one trying to defend the intentionally racist act that your guys were just caught lying about by bringing up things that happened before either of us were born.  

If it was not racist to have it before then you need to prove it should not be asked.

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Or they could just prove that it was racist, this time.  

Which they did.  

No, they did not show the QUESTION was racist,nor discriminatory.

13 minutes ago, twa said:

According to the very people that you vote for, the answer to this is yes.

Next deflection please.

1 minute ago, twa said:

No, they did not show the QUESTION was racist,nor discriminatory. 

LMAO.

"Are question's racist??"

10/10 for this one. One of your best.

However, twa, 

I'm admiring this novel legal theory that says that anything that was done 50 years ago is automatically constitutional today, even after being proven in court that it was done for unconstitutional purposes.  In light of our nation's 150 year belief that of course towns have the right to ban all firearms inside the city limits.