Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

48 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Those dreamers are going to regret giving their info. The government. Trump will go after them also. If you know anyone who's not legal or a dreamer, you might see them after Monday.

DACA is still in effect, of course that doesn't cover criminals with court ordered deportations.

9 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I really want to believe this but the concentration camps are out of the 1939-45 playbook.

Thanks for sharing and your optimism, but this world effed over my generation and has always effed over people that look like me.

And I get that, honestly, I do. Yeah, I also know that a lot of people have said "I get that" for decades in a thots-n-prarz way but actually didn't give one large **** when push came to shove.

Twas ever thus

I don't feel like I'm even a little bit optimistic, I DO consider myself pragmatic. **** is gonna catch fire, blood will flow, people will die with wild abandon, again, twas ever thus. 

But afterwards, when the blood dries and the smoke clears, someone will begin to build again.

The only victory that you or I can hope to have is that when that happens, it is a child grown that heard our words, that feels, that knows how to build.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

this is america

But don't worry.  We're going to ship them to Mexican detention centers, where then we can say that hey, it's not our fault conditions are even worse than they were, here.  

1 hour ago, Larry said:

But don't worry.  We're going to ship them to Mexican detention centers, where then we can say that hey, it's not our fault conditions are even worse than they were, here.  

that pic is from a detention center in mexico... ultimate however bad the conditions are here in the states that are still markedly better than wherever these folks came from.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

that pic is from a detention center in mexico... ultimate however bad the conditions are here in the states that are still markedly better than wherever these folks came from.

If "the place they came from" was another country's prison.  

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Next time you pretend you are pro life, we should remember these posts. You don't give a damn about children, babies, etc.

I do more for them than most, if that is not enough for you too bad.

6 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Trump's America treating children worse than prisoners of war

Geneva doesn't apply.  They don't wear uniforms.  

(Sorry.  Flashback to a previous Republican administration.)