Burgold

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Recommended Posts

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

I guess I shouldn't be shocked that people would blame the GOP for the illegal actions of Democrats but damn.......

I guess I shouldn't be shocked that people seem to not have a clue of what that would a) look like and 2) don't realize the economic impact of it. Think of seeing families torn apart, kids sent to countries they know nothing about. Yeah, that won't last long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hersh said:

If they start trying to actually round people up to deport them, yes, Trump will get impeached. 

 

Rounding up people to deport, that being on TV, that will do it. If it doesn't the resulting very negative impact on the economy will do it. 

 

 

 

 

if they had spines, they would twist themselves into paralysis to back Trump on this one

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Laws are meant to be broken!

If that's how you want to spin it. Are you in favor of rounding up people and deporting them? How about the kids that may be adults now that know of no other country? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, we can cry all we want, but Trump right now is hugely popular with his base.  Banning Muslims from coming to this country is something the far right always wanted.   The same people who elected him will vote for him again in 2020.  Which would mean he gets reelected.

So what I am hoping for is a recession. We are due because it has been 8 years since we had a recession.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

 

 

if they had spines, they would twist themselves into paralysis to back Trump on this one

Hopefully Pence gets questions about this along with Paul Ryan. I don't really view Ryan as a serious person any more. That ship has sailed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hersh said:

If that's how you want to spin it. Are you in favor of rounding up people and deporting them? How about the kids that may be adults now that know of no other country? 

Nope.  I support amnesty. 

 

But it I also understand that a governor or mayor refusing to follow and enforce a law just because they disagree with it will lead to complete anarchy. 

 

Ask Governor Wallace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

What happens when people stop obeying laws they disagree with across the country?  

 

 

That's a good answer and clearly a logical conclusion since no one is currently breaking any laws in the country. 

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Nope.  I support amnesty. 

 

But it I also understand that a governor or mayor refusing to follow and enforce a law just because they disagree with it will lead to complete anarchy. 

 

Ask Governor Wallace

I probably wouldn't compare this to Wallace and what you are talking about will not lead to complete anarchy. Over thinking this one.

Edited by Hersh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I guess I shouldn't be shocked that people would blame the GOP for the illegal actions of Democrats but damn.......

 

If Trump sends in the national guard against the wishes of the governor to enforce domestic policy, he would in violation of the posse comitatus act and should be impeached.  Even without the posse comitatus act, sending in the military to enforce deportation is not proportional response.  Considering the absolutely legitimate reasons for local law enforcement to not become Federal immigration agents, it would be the height of irresponsibility for a president to strong arm local jurisdictions using the US military.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What really sums this mess up for me is that all of the Middle Eastern countries given exemption from an outright immigration ban are countries with a Trump hotel or business interest. 

 

That's Trump for you. Really putting Americans first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bacon said:

What really sums this mess up for me is that all of the Middle Eastern countries given exemption from an outright immigration ban are countries with a Trump hotel or business interest. 

 

That's Trump for you. Really putting Americans first.

If this is indeed true, (I'm not doubting you just want to make sure it's 100% accurate) it should be the lead story in every paper in the country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hersh said:

If this is indeed true, (I'm not doubting you just want to make sure it's 100% accurate) it should be the lead story in every paper in the country. 

 

http://fortune.com/2017/01/27/donald-trump-muslim-immigration-ban-conflict/

https://www.palmerreport.com/politics/muslim-refugee-ban-donald-trump-three/1182/

 

Good thing no terrorists have originated from Saudi Arabia or Egypt!

 

Oh...

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-muslim-ban-leaders-lawyers-file-lawsuit-challenge-order-constitutional-bigotry-faith-a7550551.html

Lawsuit being filed, clear violation of the 1st amendment establishment clause. Full explanation here: https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/field_document/aclu-trump-memos.pdf

Families being torn apart, and it wouldn't solve a damn thing even if enacted. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think there are Trump towers in Afghanistan.  I would be shocked.  But I bet that Saudi Arabia has them.

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

 

This is just sad.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

What's sad is that his supporters don't care. Heck, they should at least be angry that he didn't have Saudi Arabia on the list given 9/11. I feel like no one should actually be happy regardless of what side you are on because it's plain as day why he left them off the list. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is on that falls in the least surprising news of the day category: Donald Trump said, when Obama vetoed the bill to let Americans sue Saudi Arabia, that it was shameful and that he would sign it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hersh said:

If they start trying to actually round people up to deport them, yes, Trump will get impeached. 

 

Rounding up people to deport, that being on TV, that will do it. If it doesn't the resulting very negative impact on the economy will do it. 

 

Not at all sure I agree with your prediction. In fact, if Trump starts rounding up illegals, I'm not sure I would vote to impeach him. IMO, it's clearly within his powers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

 

 

You would blame Trump for that?   

 

Yes, some people will actually blame Trump for something that Trump does. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump is just not thinking at all.  How do you think Muslims in this country are feeling right now?  Does this make America more safe or less safe?  Will there be more people who want to commit acts of terrorism against the United States?

What is the next step?  Kick out Muslims who live in this country?  The asshole might try to do that too if violence goes up, whether it is legal or not.

We are all angry here, but his supporters are very happy about all of this.

My wife has been abroad for 5 months now along with my daughter.  The country where I originally came from is not one of the 7 countries, but I am worried.  She is supposed to come back next week.

Actually, every immigrant should worry.

Edited by redskins59

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goes against one of the core fundamental values of America.

Freedom of Religion, Expression, and Speech have all come under direct attack in Trump's first week. This isn't theoretical or abstract. This is real. Is this the America we want? Is this the American Dream we will pursue from today on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Donald is afraid of immigrants and muslims. this is undeniable established fact.

The enemy have terrorized him and his followers.

 

And yet somehow, they think this is 'winning'. Driving people back into the arms of the enemy..  I wonder how that will play out?

 

Pathetic, terrified and superstitious.

Shut off the beacon of freedom. Send the statue back to France. It's no longer ours to claim. 

 

~Bang

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bang said:

So, Donald is afraid of immigrants and muslims. this is undeniable established fact.

The enemy have terrorized him and his followers.

 

And yet somehow, they think this is 'winning'. Driving people back into the arms of the enemy..  I wonder how that will play out?

 

Pathetic, terrified and superstitious.

Shut off the beacon of freedom. Send the statue back to France. It's no longer ours to claim. 

 

~Bang

Make America great again by rejecting everything America stands for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.