Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

Just now, twa said:

you just said she was argumentative which is non compliant.

You don't understand the definition of "argumentative". How is explaining the law in  polite manner being non-compliant?

Are you suggesting that she should have let CBP illegally seize her property, when the officer knew full well what the law was?

I'm done arguing with a ****ing troll on this. My own kids were threatened with separation at the border by a CBP officer because he claimed their Green Cards were illegal.

2 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

You don't understand the definition of "argumentative". How is explaining the law in  polite manner being non-compliant?

Are you suggesting that she should have let CBP illegally seize her property, when the officer knew full well what the law was?

I'm using your definition, and arguing with the help rarely get's good results

• The Field Goal Team
  • Corcaigh
  • Members
  •  
  • 712 posts
  34 minutes ago, twa said:

Was she argumentative while explaining it to them?

Given that she expressed an opposing view, she was, by definition being "argumentative." Her behavior was not characterized as "abusive", not "ill tempered", not "rude" or "disrespectful", but "argumentative."

there is a process to protest actions....ya know....more rules 

2 hours ago, twa said:

How many people legally here arrested for a crime get to bring their kids with them to jail?

How many times do police officers send children of arrested to detention center instead of calling social services or next of kin?  

How many people get arrested and separated with children for misdemeanors?

6 minutes ago, bearrock said:

How many times do police officers send children of arrested to detention center instead of calling social services or next of kin?  

How many people get arrested and separated with children for misdemeanors?

The detention centers funnel kids into social services and locating relatives when possible

folk get arrested for misdemeanors all the time, and are rarely released w/o being legal residents or a home address.,,,,bit more complicated w/o fulfilling the usual requirements for being released on your recognizance.

Having had 2/3s of my family wiped out by the Holocaust, I am very wary of playing the Nazi card, but we're getting so damn close.

During the election, Trump quoted and retweeted Nazis.

As President, Trump called Nazis fine people and championed their causes. He has supported White Supremacists and put them into his own Cabinet.

In 2018, active Nazis are not only running, but winning Republican nominations for Congress

Now, the GOP is separating families, calling them animals, and putting children into "Camps" Worse, they are placing them in kennels in inhumane conditions. This isn't just Trump and it is just his White House. It's Senator Collins and every GOP member who is sitting on its hands and defending it. It's every American who tacitly accepts this type of Nazi establishment of a Camp.

Anyone who supports this policy of separating children from families while ignoring the obvious abuses is sick. Using the stance that there are "rules" that have to be obeyed is not only bull****, because this has never been the policy of the United States, but it's also even  worse than bull**** because it smacks of the Nazi excuse of "just following orders." 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The people requesting you obey police orders are Nazi's

The people requesting you obey border patrol agents are Nazi's

The people requesting you obey immigration laws are Nazi's

The people requesting you wait your turn are Nazi's.

yet it was all rainbows and moon beams when Obama put them in camps and cages and gave them to human traffickers

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/01/hhs-handed-child-migrants-to-human-traffickers.html

11 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

I agree with Mrs. Bush and am against separating any families. I also read Blitzer's article. The problem with articles like this, and I understand why it is, is that he cites "a person who told me" or makes a fact claim based on opinion. Not that that doesn't happen everyday, especially on here.

7 minutes ago, twa said:

yet it was all rainbows and moon beams when Obama put them in camps and cages and gave them to human traffickers

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/01/hhs-handed-child-migrants-to-human-traffickers.html

Don't be a sympathizer. **** your whataboutism.

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Burgold said:

Having had 2/3s of my family wiped out by the Holocaust, I am very wary of playing the Nazi card, but we're getting so damn close.

During the election, Trump quoted and retweeted Nazis.

As President, Trump called Nazis fine people and championed their causes. He has supported White Supremacists and put them into his own Cabinet.

In 2018, active Nazis are not only running, but winning Republican nominations for Congress

Now, the GOP is separating families, calling them animals, and putting children into "Camps" Worse, they are placing them in kennels in inhumane conditions. This isn't just Trump and it is just his White House. It's Senator Collins and every GOP member who is sitting on its hands and defending it. It's every American who tacitly accepts this type of Nazi establishment of a Camp.

Anyone who supports this policy of separating children from families while ignoring the obvious abuses is sick. Using the stance that there are "rules" that have to be obeyed is not only bull****, because this has never been the policy of the United States, but it's also even  worse than bull**** because it smacks of the Nazi excuse of "just following orders." 

Let's be honest, the real problem is not a policy, that just exacerbated the real problem, which is the system is broken. Now that the laws (as unjust as they seem) are enforced completely, it has resulted in what has been lurking under the bed for years. This needs legislation honestly. I hate to sound like I'm passing the buck to Congress or past administrations, because I despise President Trump and AG Sessions.

2 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

Let's be honest, the real problem is not a policy, that just exacerbated the real problem, which is the system is broken. Now that the laws (as unjust as they seem) are enforced completely, it has resulted in what has been lurking under the bed for years. This needs legislation honestly. I hate to sound like I'm passing the buck to Congress or past administrations, because I despise President Trump and AG Sessions.

I don't buy that, Zguy. In human history, hundreds of millions of people have been killed by weaponized religion. That doesn't mean the verses of the Bible or the Koran are evil. It doesn't mean that we need a new Bible because the old one allows for gross misinterpretation. It means the interpreters and those who intentionally abused and corrupted those verses to their ends were.

Now, I don't mind if Congress steps in and puts a halt to it. They should, but the problem is not and was not the law. Likewise, I think that priests, misisters, iman, rabbi, and other religious leaders should step up when their texts are abused. But the problem is evil people weaponizing the law for their own evil ends not the law. The Bible is still a good book.

This was not happening before. This is happening now. It wasn't a problem before. It is a problem now.

What's happened is that we now have Monsters in Washington who are willing to corrupt and warp the laws.

28 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I don't buy that, Zguy. In human history, hundreds of millions of people have been killed by weaponized religion. That doesn't mean the verses of the Bible or the Koran are evil. It doesn't mean that we need a new Bible because the old one allows for gross misinterpretation. It means the interpreters and those who intentionally abused and corrupted those verses to their ends were.

Now, I don't mind if Congress steps in and puts a halt to it. They should, but the problem is not and was not the law. Likewise, I think that priests, misisters, iman, rabbi, and other religious leaders should step up when their texts are abused. But the problem is evil people weaponizing the law for their own evil ends not the law. The Bible is still a good book.

This was not happening before. This is happening now. It wasn't a problem before. It is a problem now.

What's happened is that we now have Monsters in Washington who are willing to corrupt and warp the laws.

From my understanding, its because they are enforcing the laws with zero tolerance. Those same laws mandate the separation during the process. Another exacerbating circumstance is HHS and DHS have little to no coordination, other than DHS saying "here you go" and turning over the kids while the parents are incarcerated. This has been the law for a while I think, going back to the 80's maybe? Its just in the past, DHS just said "gimme your names, and come back for a hearing." Now they aren't, which has exposed a fatal flaw (among other things).

That’s just a nice coat of paint. What our leaders are doing to US policy is what Al Qaeda does to religious texts. They’re weaponizing it. 

This is execution of policy wasn’t inevitable. It would not have happened under another Republican or Democratic President. This isn’t about any law. It’s about malice. 

I agree that this “loophole” to corruption needs to be closed, but the fact it was used at all is shocking, abhorrent, and unnecessary. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twa said:

And the Republicans howled that Obama was weak on immigration.