Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

9 hours ago, s0crates said:

I imagine Trump would make that sort of argument. Can't you hear him saying this? "It's not a Muslim ban, it's a ban on terrorists and enemies of the US. Bigly important distinction."

Absolutely not. He made a huge distinction to say ISLAMIC radical terrorism. That first word was the most important to him each and every time.

• Like 4

If the CBP is really trying to circumvent the court order by moving them from Dulles to a black site, we're headed towards what did the president know and when did he know it.  That is bull****.  And some low staff flunky didn't decide we'll defy court order by trying to be cute, this comes from upper level.

As for omission of the judicial branch, which I'll assume is an oversight for the sake of my blood pressure, the incompetence is unbelievable.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Absolutely not. He made a huge distinction to say ISLAMIC radical terrorism. That first word was the most important to him each and every time.

He's nothing more than a scaremonger. 

His campaign was run akin to Nazi propaganda on fear. And now he think's he's got cart blanche to take that to it's extreme. 

Hail. 

• Like 3

Just now, Llevron said:

I still really can believe he's gotten this far 

I can. Trump has always acted as if the rules don't reply to him. He believes he is better and untouchable. Republicans gave this man the reins. He feels none of the restraints of conscience or right and wrong that most of us do. We saw that clearly in the campaign with his mocking of the disabled or his unblinking ability to lie.

If I had to guess, I would think he really does see himself as king and not President... and what's worse is that with a majority Republican House Senate and soon SCOTUS... he's all but right.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aREDSKIN said:

Police have arrested two students – one 'of Moroccan origin' - over the murder of six people shot dead in the Quebec City mosque carnage a day after Canada's Prime Minister condemned Donald Trump's immigration ban.

... Your attempt to justify falls flat if for no other reason than Morocco is not one of the countries included in the EO Muslim Ban.

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, aREDSKIN said:

Police have arrested two students – one 'of Moroccan origin' - over the murder of six people shot dead in the Quebec City mosque carnage a day after Canada's Prime Minister condemned Donald Trump's immigration ban.

Was that an attempt to defend this **** show? I don't want to (and shouldn't have to) add any unnecessary wear & tear to my carpal joints explaining why that is a terrible point but if you really think you were being clever, I guess I'll do it. 

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, brandymac27 said:

It doesn't matter that no one has been killed on American soil as a result of terrorist attacks by people from those countries banned. They simply don't pass our President's litmus test for civilized behavior - unlike Saudi Arabia (the financiers of Sunni extremism) or Egypt (the birthplace of the Salafist movement) or the UAE, NONE of these banned countries has a Trump hotel.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I can. Trump has always acted as if the rules don't reply to him. He believes he is better and untouchable. Republicans gave this man the reins. He feels none of the restraints of conscience or right and wrong that most of us do. We saw that clearly in the campaign with his mocking of the disabled or his unblinking ability to lie.

If I had to guess, I would think he really does see himself as king and not President... and what's worse is that with a majority Republican House Senate and soon SCOTUS... he's all but right.

Oh I have more dout that he sees himself as the legitimate King of the United States of Earth. But I just can't believe that the people with power to stop this ****er never stepped up to do it. Now it's too late. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Oh I have more dout that he sees himself as the legitimate King of the United States of Earth. But I just can't believe that the people with power to stop this ****er never stepped up to do it. Now it's too late. 

I don't either really. I suspect half of the Republican party wanted him and half voted in protest of Clinton. Of independents, many voted out of anger, many more voted out of hate, and even more voted out of ignorance (or a refusal to believe what was staring them in the face).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Absolutely not. 

That's "absolutely not" what he would say?

Direct quote, "This is not a Muslim ban, as the media is falsely reporting. This is not about religion -- this is about terror and keeping our country safe."

Looks to me like the same "important distinction" you made. Isn't it?

35 minutes ago, Burgold said:

It wasn't just republicans who gave him the reigns, democrats helped put him there with their smug Hillary victory lap. 

• Like 1

Just now, Taylor703 said:

It wasn't just republicans who gave him the reigns, democrats helped put him there with their smug Hillary victory lap. 

No, they didn't. That's your own spin and the GOP's rationalization. Clinton was a legitimate, competent candidate who has been hounded by largely fictitious witch hunts for thirty years. Over the course of hundreds if not thousands of investigations, she has yet to be found guilty. Moreover, if you (the Republican Party) really cared about private cell phones and email servers you wouldn't dismiss that the President of the US and his staff use them far more wantonly than Clinton ever did.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

No, they didn't. That's your own spin and the GOP's rationalization. Clinton was a legitimate, competent candidate who has been hounded by largely fictitious witch hunts for thirty years. Over the course of hundreds if not thousands of investigations, she has yet to be found guilty. Moreover, if you (the Republican Party) really cared about private cell phones and email servers you wouldn't dismiss that the President of the US and his staff use them far more wantonly than Clinton ever did.

Keep telling yourself that. You guys put him there just as much as the republicans did. 

And me, I'm not a registered republican nor did I vote for his dumbass. 

Edited by Taylor703
  • Like 1