Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you want the most despicable list of 200 best albums of all time, here you go...

Springfield

http://www.billboard.com/charts/greatest-billboard-200-albums

These all-time rankings are based on actual performance on the weekly Billboard Hot 100 (from its launch on Aug. 4, 1958 through Oct. 10, 2015) and Billboard 200 (from Aug. 17, 1963 — when we combined our two leading pop album album charts for stereo and mono releases into one all-encompassing weekly chart — through Oct. 10, 2015). Titles are ranked based on an inverse point system, with weeks at No. 1 earning the greatest value and weeks at lower rungs earning the least. Due to changes in chart methodology over the years, eras are weighted differently to account for chart turnover rates over various periods. Artists are ranked based on the combined point totals, as outlined above, of all their Hot 100 or Billboard 200 chart entries.

POFQoGe.jpg

pp9y8ks.jpg

a9jsUZo.jpg

SqsrDVY.jpg

5CHZImb.jpg

Have at it.

These all-time rankings are based on actual performance on the weekly Billboard Hot 100 (from its launch on Aug. 4, 1958 through Oct. 10, 2015) and Billboard 200 (from Aug. 17, 1963 — when we combined our two leading pop album album charts for stereo and mono releases into one all-encompassing weekly chart — through Oct. 10, 2015).

Popularity =/= timeless.

Some of the top 20 isn't that bad. Not sure I would have Adele's 21 as #1 but she is a timeless gifted artist who I suspect will be making hits for decades.

Glad to see GB at #6. His first two albums changed a lot of country music (or atleast revitalized it). Not sure I would have his 3rd album this high, personally I always liked the No Fences album more.

Yeah - that list was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.

Hard to complain too much about Adele's 21, Thriller, Born in the USA, Jagged Little Pill, Tapestry, Rumours or Taylor Swift's albums being at the top of historic pop music charts.  

Unless you are a person who knee-jerk hates pop music.  If you can never be happy until Rush's "Moving Pictures" is acknowledged by everyone to be the apex of music, you are gonna have a bad time.      

Born in the USA. Bleh. I can't stand the Bruce. He's like a doppelgänger of Bob Dylan who somehow sings worse and doesn't make music that sounds half as good. Never understood the love for him.

I'm surprised that there's no Beatles, Led Zeppelin, or basically anything classic rock until Dark Side of the Moon at 31.

Born in the USA. Bleh. I can't stand the Bruce. He's like a doppelgänger of Bob Dylan who somehow sings worse and doesn't make music that sounds half as good. Never understood the love for him.

I'm surprised that there's no Beatles, Led Zeppelin, or basically anything classic rock until Dark Side of the Moon at 31.

Because of the way these 'stats' are taken, groups like Zeppelin, Beatles, Stones, Van Halen, etc will always be left out.

First, there are more pop stations than rock stations and second, pop stations notoriously play songs over and over and over, while rock stations spread out the music more evenly.

I disagree. Bruce has an extremely powerful band that can light it up for three hours straight night in and night out. He yells until his head is about to explode. Dylan is a low-key poet with a portion of his career being all acoustic.

I grew up going to the south Jersey Shore in the summer, and I can tell you that sound is reminiscent of the jubilant sound you hear on all the boardwalks around there. It's a celebratory feel. Man, any time I go there now, I gotta play Bruce's best-of CD.

Look, not saying his music is for everyone, but his band kicks ass and the only way he's like Dylan is that their voices aren't exactly pretty and their hair and faces kinda look the same.

I disagree. Bruce has an extremely powerful band that can light it up for three hours straight night in and night out. He yells until his head is about to explode. Dylan is a low-key poet with a portion of his career being all acoustic.

I grew up going to the south Jersey Shore in the summer, and I can tell you that sound is reminiscent of the jubilant sound you hear on all the boardwalks around there. It's a celebratory feel. Man, any time I go there now, I gotta play Bruce's best-of CD.

Look, not saying his music is for everyone, but his band kicks ass and the only way he's like Dylan is that their voices aren't exactly pretty and their hair and faces kinda look the same.

I think I'm in the minority for sure.

I just never got his music.

That's cause you're not from Jersey ;)

Honestly I never saw what the big deal with his was until I saw his first reunion tour with the e-street band. Now I get it and like a bunch of his older stuff

I'm not a huge Springsteen fan either. I don't dislike him, and I respect him and recognize the quality of his work and performances on an intellectual level. He just doesn't move me. Even on his albums where he plays gospel, folk, and bluegrass. My college roommate loved him. He was from Long Island. Actually, yes, everyone I know who loves him is from Long Island or New Jersey. There must be something deeply regional about his appeal.

I kind of feel the same way about Eric Clapton. I have an immense respect for him as a musician and songwriter and even as a musicologist. And I love Cream. But his solo projects don't really move me like I feel they should. I can never get the same enjoyment from listening to him as Jimi Hendrix or Led Zeppelin.

True story. About a year ago my wife and some friends wanted to grab a couple of drinks after a play. So we hit up this bar in Midtown. It's close to closing and there aren't many people in there. However over our friend's shoulder I can clearly see "Sir" Charles Barkley at the bar chatting with a friend. No big deal. It's not like he's really anybody anyway so we went on about our conversation. After we'd been there for a while Barkley and his friend at the bar get into a spirited discussion and at some point Sir Charles turns around and asks us whether as was the case with his friend, we'd pick a Springsteen concert as the last one to see ever. I said nah, but not to hate on his friend as he was probably a guy with little time who needed a greatest hits concert that would be over after two or three songs. Hilarity ensued. 

I kid about Springsteen but he's a classic. That said, he's no Bob Seger. Now that guy's one of the all time greats!

That said, he's no Bob Seger. Now that guy's one of the all time greats!

Let's face it, people enjoy crap.

Never in the history of mankind have we seen two consecutive posts that were so, so appropriate together.   Like peanut butter and jelly.   

Archived