Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Fall To Jets, 34-20

They were on the road and have a lot of injuries at the O-Line, Receiver, and DB positions; it is understandable they lost. However; Cousins need to put an end to excessive interceptions and Gruden needs to pick up his play calling when a TD is possible - FGs are not a winner when you are behind or can put the game away.

In addition, where did the ground game go? The fill-in O-Line was not overwhelmed, hard to figure why they are not running better. Anybody have an insight?

I still like our depth, and that is the primary component to winning a super bowl; because all teams have injuries and you cannot depend on a few players, look at Dallas.

Teams are loading the box daring cousins to beat them. Our WRs are OK but not good deep. I was glad to see us take some shots deep but we need to connect. The one thing DJax does better than he gets credit for and that's making adjustments to passes. He catches more than others because he can run them down.

Tampa is a big game. I think Scot will see that as a decision maker based on the last 6 games. 3-4 and having just beaten a bad team like we should and it at least gives you hope. A loss and you have to move on from Jay and Kirk, if not right away, then at the end of the season. 2-5 has us headed right back to 4-12 which is just not acceptable.

I have been away but still watching the games! Here is my take on things: I admit that in some positions there are some improvements, but without a QB that can lead, even the best of teams don't go any where. The rest of season must be a competition between Cousins and McCoy to determine who will be next year's backup and the other two let go. A new QB for next year is a must.

Teams are loading the box daring cousins to beat them. Our WRs are OK but not good deep. I was glad to see us take some shots deep but we need to connect. The one thing DJax does better than he gets credit for and that's making adjustments to passes. He catches more than others because he can run them down.

Tampa is a big game. I think Scot will see that as a decision maker based on the last 6 games. 3-4 and having just beaten a bad team like we should and it at least gives you hope. A loss and you have to move on from Jay and Kirk, if not right away, then at the end of the season. 2-5 has us headed right back to 4-12 which is just not acceptable.

WOW goskins did you say move on with coach ...........do you really think that is the problem and who would you be looking at for a coach ? Does that coach want to come to this circus if we fire yet another coach after another short contract? Changing coaches every few years has proven the same results so I am not sure i would be ready to call the Gruden ERA over this fast, just MHO ?

WOW goskins did you say move on with coach ...........do you really think that is the problem and who would you be looking at for a coach ? Does that coach want to come to this circus if we fire yet another coach after another short contract? Changing coaches every few years has proven the same results so I am not sure i would be ready to call the Gruden ERA over this fast, just MHO ?

Normally I would agree. However, what my thinking is that if Scot thinks we should change than it makes sense. It's very typical for a GM to bring in his own HC. One of the problems we have had is that we don't really commit to the right process.

Jim Zorn is made HC but can't choose his OC and DC. BA is made GM but he can't pick his own coach right away. And the coach pushed on him (MS) can't pick his own DC. Now we have a real GM. I can see him keeping Jay this season to see if he can be "his guy". But trust me if Scot thinks Jay should go he will not hesitate nor should he.

In SF he kept the current HC through about 7 gms.

I have defended Jay and I am not ready to give up just yet. But this trend of coming out really flat in the second half has more worried than anything else. The other things are much more the players responsibility. But the coaching staff has to be able to anticipate what the other teams adjustments are going to be and make our own adjustments. That is 100% on the coaching staff.

@hail - coaches and QBs have to show as a minimum they are headed in the right direction and progress is possible. Back to back 4 / 5 win season will not do that for you, and we are headed in that direction unless things get turned around.

There is talent and depth on this team, so winning 7 to 10 games is possible if they can minimize injuries. However, the NFL time to prove a Head Coach and a QB are a solution as opposed to the problem is not that long; how much time would you give either of them?

I am also surprised at GO as well, but agree with him.

A new QB for next year is a must.

sein - watch what you ask for. 

2016 free agent QBs and trades are limited, at the very best. A newly drafted QB will typically be ready to go in 3 to 4 years, if he makes it and most don't.

2019-2020 as our best chance at winning is a depressing thought.

Getting blown up in the 3rd Quarter every week sits squarely on the coaching staff. I am not say these guys need replacing; I'm not saying they should keep their jobs either (how's that for being noncommittal?) but they certainly have to get better. 

I don't see the sideline on every single play so I don't know but it certainly appears that Jay spends a lot of time conferencing with McVie. Maybe a bit of micro-managing. The two coordinators make good money to do their jobs and to a large degree you have to let them do it, for better or worse. Maybe they aren't the right guy(s); maybe Jay isn't they right guy; maybe all of the above.

Point is, Gruden is not paying attention to the details of how their opponents are adjusting to the Redskins after halftime. He certainly gets caught with the deer in the headlights look when the first half plays do not work any more. The Skins are getting blown up on both sides of the ball in the 3rd and you can't blame it on injury woes when they have leads or at least close scores going into halftime. It's an inability to recognize how  the other team adjusts their game plan to counteract the Redskins plan. 

Yeah they got issues in all four quarters that include poor execution and injuries by some players but that is not what I'm addressing. It's the third quarter failure mode that lies at the feet of the coaching staff especially when both the offense and the defense are getting beaten like red-headed step-children.

Last thought. Question - How many other teams would keep Gruden based on his Redskins resume? Excuses, excuses. Blah, blah blah. Doesn't change the question. 

btw - someone has probably already detailed this while I hunt & pecked my way through this considering all of the alerts I got about new posts here.  :wacko:

Normally I would agree. However, what my thinking is that if Scot thinks we should change than it makes sense. It's very typical for a GM to bring in his own HC. One of the problems we have had is that we don't really commit to the right process.

Jim Zorn is made HC but can't choose his OC and DC. BA is made GM but he can't pick his own coach right away. And the coach pushed on him (MS) can't pick his own DC. Now we have a real GM. I can see him keeping Jay this season to see if he can be "his guy". But trust me if Scot thinks Jay should go he will not hesitate nor should he.

In SF he kept the current HC through about 7 gms.

I have defended Jay and I am not ready to give up just yet. But this trend of coming out really flat in the second half has more worried than anything else. The other things are much more the players responsibility. But the coaching staff has to be able to anticipate what the other teams adjustments are going to be and make our own adjustments. That is 100% on the coaching staff.

Well the fact of Scot changing coaches after Nolan started  2-5 in 2008 and changed to Mike Singletary is correct. However that has been the only coaching change under our GM and we all know how that worked out. So just because Scot has a proven record for finding  great players in drafts he has a not so good record when it comes to coaches so we may want to give this current coach a legitimate chance to prove what he can do. 

I just don't understand your 360 spin, you didn't have much faith earlier in week for a win with so many players injured and now you are calling for a change in coaches if we lose again next week? Honestly what does it matter if we win 4 or 7 games this year no one predicted anything higher? So what i look for..are the players playing hard are we in games, and so far we have been so without doubt the players are playing for this coach and that proves to me they BELIEVE in this staff. So with all the injuries on a very thin roster to begin with, what does anyone expect even Mr McCloughan?

People need to understand that we must first build a team that can Win before we keep holding accountable/firing coaches every few  years, as we know that outcome doesn't work. PATIENCE / TENURE  IS THE KEY TO WINNING!!!

hail said - People need to understand that we must first build a team that can Win before we keep holding accountable/firing coaches every few  years, as we know that outcome doesn't work. PATIENCE / TENURE  IS THE KEY TO WINNING!!!

-------------

hail - there is talent and Scot is doing a fantastic job building a team.

Define patience with a Head Coach, that as John said is not making half-time adjustments. Or at what point does he move to the area of "the problem" as opposed to "the solution".

Personally I don't believe had can stand a 5 win season with all the talent he has, but that is strictly my opinion.

Lets talk this this 3rd Quarter play...

first off we have not been a favorite to win a game this season so if we were, then i would find it a little bit of an issue. I see a underdog team playing with a more physical/hungry mentality and that has given IMO a false reality of true expectations in our first halves of games. This explains why teams are beating us in 3rd quarter. At this point we don't have the ability with the current roster depth to make changes to our weak points,  we are lucky to have what little depth we do have our next step in some areas will be guys off the street. 

you can't play chess with just a king, you need every piece all the way down to the pawn :)

Last thought. Question - How many other teams would keep Gruden based on his Redskins resume? "

don't see many coaches getting fired after 22 games other than from teams who continue to lose. The bottom line, changing coaches every few years has been proven not to be a winning formula. So why continue the same practices and expect different results?

I was amazed we were winning at half, but was well aware we wouldn't be able to count on the Jets fumbleitis all game. Sure enough, the game ended how I thought it would.

My random ADD thoughts:

-Why do we only score special teams TDs late in the 4th when we're getting blown out? The only thing worse than garbage time offense is garbage time special teams.

-Breeland is the best CB on the team. 

-At this point, I don't think a QB switch makes sense. 8 in the box is so effective against us because we either run the ball or throw a <10 yard pass on 95% of plays. Then, when we throw it over 15 yards, just a mid-range pass, the receiver usually has some space, but Cousins just can't hit them.

-I don't understand why we rarely use more than 2 WRs and try to spread out the D. It makes 8-in-the-box even more efficient against us.

-We have enough injuries, let's hope Kerrigan isn't on that list next week

-Back-to-back weeks we will be facing a team coming off their bye (Bucs next Sunday). That's rude.

-I am a Chris Ivory owner in all three of my fantasy leagues and he did exactly what I thought he would. Like I've been saying, our rush D is very overrated. Which is really disappointing, going into the season, I thought Knighton, Paea, Hatcher was just about the best 3-4 DL in the league. 

-I'll be honest, I stopped watching when we were down two TDs in the 4th. I just wanted to throw in the towel. 

-3rd quarter woes continue. Does anyone have the stats? We must be outscored 60-13; we've been dominated. 6 games in, this is no fluke, what the F is Gruden doing or not doing at half?

-Bucs are not great, I'd say we should be a 3 point favorite because we are home. They are getting their TE back from injury and Mike Evans will now be healthy. Three 6'6" WRs... should be fun.

-Winston is the worst QB when pressured, Barry better f'ing bring it.

-On the bright side, a lot of Skins fans have already given up on the season, so tix for the game Sunday will be cheap. 

Last thought. Question - How many other teams would keep Gruden based on his Redskins resume? "

don't see many coaches getting fired after 22 games other than from teams who continue to lose. The bottom line, changing coaches every few years has been proven not to be a winning formula. So why continue the same practices and expect different results?

I get what you are saying and have been preaching the same thing for some time. I think the wild card here is Scot M. He did not bring Jay with him. Had he put Jay in place I would be totally on your page. Give them 4 years to get it done.

However, Jay was already here. So if I am Scot, I figure let's give this guy a season. I will give him some guy see how he does and if we can work together and produce some decent results, then OK let's move forward. But if not, I will make a change right away. If he does not replace Jay after this year he is saying Jay can be a SB QB for him and the Redskins. That may or may not be true, but Scot will not be able to get "his" guy in after that, He is then tied to jay.

At this point, with these results, I just do not see that happening. I think Scot makes a change and I support it if he is bringing in "his" guy. Jay was given a ****ty team. No doubt. And I to ma many of the issues are still around less the average personnel. However, this 3rd Q swoon is a huge disaster. And that I lay right at the coaching staff and that starts with jay. They have to be able to anticipate what the other teams adjustments are and make their own. And they so far seem incapable of that.

And hey, if we win like we should against Tampa, then we are looking pretty good. But if we lose, to me that's a huge indication that jay is not getting the job done. That's just me. Maybe I am being unrealistic but I rarely am. I keep myself pretty grounded. But with this team if we can't beat a very bad Tampa team at home? Then we are not making any progress and something major has to change.

People are unjustly underrating the talent on this team, when -

1) We are using the number 4 TE and he is performing well.

2) The O-Line was without 3 starters and starting 3 2nd year players, a 3rd year player, and 1 rookie, yet they did not allow significant pressure on the passer. This o-line will be around for a long time.

3) They were without the 2 starting CBs and starting safety and the D-Backs played well.

4) While the D gave up some points mistakes (2 interceptions) plus poor play calling that did not achieve objectives, along with no running game put them at a disadvantage and kept them on the field too long.

5) There are good running backs even with Jones out for a week, but teams are stacking up against the run and we are NOT taking advantage of it, especially in the 2nd half.

6) The number 1 go to WR was out again but Crowder and Ross are beginning to fit in nicely. (Note: Grant is not a solution from what I have seen and we should use the draft to get a big WR that can take advantage of the middle of the field.)

The team has the foundation of a super bowl team, and YES HAIL Scot built a good team with draft picks and free agents in year one. While the team is not ready for a super bowl and need to fix some problems (QB, WR, and coaching), they are on their way. All of their problems are fixable with existing or a minimum of new personnel. Let's hope they use this season to fix the problems and get rid of the those that do not work out - if so, next year will be fantastic.

This year is a time to identify and fix problems.

People are unjustly underrating the talent on this team, when -

1) We are using the number 4 TE and he is performing well.

2) The O-Line was without 3 starters and starting 3 2nd year players, a 3rd year player, and 1 rookie, yet they did not allow significant pressure on the passer. This o-line will be around for a long time.

3) They were without the 2 starting CBs and starting safety and the D-Backs played well.

4) While the D gave up some points mistakes (2 interceptions) plus poor play calling that did not achieve objectives, along with no running game put them at a disadvantage and kept them on the field too long.

5) There are good running backs even with Jones out for a week, but teams are stacking up against the run and we are NOT taking advantage of it, especially in the 2nd half.

6) The number 1 go to WR was out again but Crowder and Ross are beginning to fit in nicely. (Note: Grant is not a solution from what I have seen and we should use the draft to get a big WR that can take advantage of the middle of the field.)

The team has the foundation of a super bowl team, and YES HAIL Scot built a good team with draft picks and free agents in year one. While the team is not ready for a super bowl and need to fix some problems (QB, WR, and coaching), they are on their way. All of their problems are fixable with existing or a minimum of new personnel. Let's hope they use this season to fix the problems and get rid of the those that do not work out - if so, next year will be fantastic.

This year is a time to identify and fix problems.

wow so much to hit on don't know where to start......so you point out how so many backups are playing well is that not a result in coaching? Or are you trying to tell us these guys are just this talented?  I mean we have seen very little if any development within this organization in geezz how many years now .....we let guys go and they start and play well elsewhere so not sure about why so many young guys are showing some bright flashes here and there this season, is it just pure talent or does the coaching staff get some credit?

this foundation of a super bowl team you mention.....who is the footer on either side of the ball, not sure who is standing so strong to hold up such a feat. IMO This regime isn't responsible for those players who could be considered the "foundation" at this point in the process. I am not knocking Scot M one bit, I like what he has done so far!

If all these backups that have played well were so "talented" why are they backups? One would think  the coaching staff  deserves some respect and credit . Is the staff perfect ... by no means but I do see a very inspired football team and haven't seen that in a long time. I don't know if Gruden is the long term man but I do know we should not judge him after 20 some games with all the issues he inherited. 

as for you saying minimum of new personnel, I think we need a few more 2-4 successful drafts and may need a QB and they don't grow on trees, as for next year being "fantastic" that just depends on how many big changes we make, ie Coaching, QB, ect IMHO if we have to change coaches and play a new or  rookie QB the process will have to start over and is not a guarantee on a positive outcome. We should all as real Skins FANS hope Scot BELIEVES WE ARE HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION so we don't have to start from scratch again as this will only keep us on the same old track this organization has been on for years. I really believe you have to allow the process time to work and continue developing players with the same regime, changing staffs every few years is not the way to develop your "foundation" . 

So going on what we all have seen with young players stepping up and filling holes "learning on the job" and Inspired/hungry football players/team we must give due credit to our coaching staff. We can all talk about play calling all we want.  I stopped that years ago because if the play works it's a great call if it fails it's a poor call so why bother? IMO it comes down to execution our players have to execute better than the player across from them and be on the same page with their  teammates and that does not happen with constant coaching staff changes.

All i want is to watch a team learn and grow and be ready to contend year in and year out in a few seasons. 

Here is a great recent  quote from our very own Scot M!

“The thing that’s important to me is that we can have disagreements or arguments about the players, the 53 [-man roster], the draft, free agency,” McCloughan said in a recent interview in his Redskins Park office. “But when it’s all said and done, we all take ownership together and understand that we’re going to have good days and bad days. But if we stay together, there’ll be a lot less bad days. A lot less.”

hail - See below after your comments for replies, that was easier.

wow so much to hit on don't know where to start......so you point out how so many backups are playing well is that not a result in coaching? Or are you trying to tell us these guys are just this talented?  I mean we have seen very little if any development within this organization in geezz how many years now .....we let guys go and they start and play well elsewhere so not sure about why so many young guys are showing some bright flashes here and there this season, is it just pure talent or does the coaching staff get some credit?

I give Scot, Callahan, and Barry / D staff credit, not sure why I would give Gruden and the OC credit because I am not sure how they succeeded - help me with a reason?

this foundation of a super bowl team you mention.....who is the footer on either side of the ball, not sure who is standing so strong to hold up such a feat. IMO This regime isn't responsible for those players who could be considered the "foundation" at this point in the process. I am not knocking Scot M one bit, I like what he has done so far!

You need a lot of good players (40 or more) playing together with good depth as players are going to get hurt. We have a good starting group for a future super bowl, not getting your point about a footer. Scot gets credit for the free agents and draft picks, that is in the 12 (+/-2) range, and that is impressive for 1 year; no reason to believe he want do it again next year and make it 24.

If all these backups that have played well were so "talented" why are they backups? One would think  the coaching staff  deserves some respect and credit . Is the staff perfect ... by no means but I do see a very inspired football team and haven't seen that in a long time. I don't know if Gruden is the long term man but I do know we should not judge him after 20 some games with all the issues he inherited. 

Again, I give Scot, Callahan, and Barry / D Staff credit, but you have to give me a reason to give Gruden and the OC credit. Gibbs inherited the same issues but found a way to show progress in his first year. Gruden needs to show progress in his 2nd year in his role as a head coach. His responsibility is - hire assistants (reasonably good), head of strategy (including half time adjustments - not good), and master of discipline (minimizing mistakes - not good).

as for you saying minimum of new personnel, I think we need a few more 2-4 successful drafts and may need a QB and they don't grow on trees, as for next year being "fantastic" that just depends on how many big changes we make, ie Coaching, QB, ect IMHO if we have to change coaches and play a new or  rookie QB the process will have to start over and is not a guarantee on a positive outcome. We should all as real Skins FANS hope Scot BELIEVES WE ARE HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION so we don't have to start from scratch again as this will only keep us on the same old track this organization has been on for years. I really believe you have to allow the process time to work and continue developing players with the same regime, changing staffs every few years is not the way to develop your "foundation" . 

I thought 3 to 4 years as a rebuilding period last year, but after looking at what Scot has done in 1 year I shortened my time period by 2 years. provided we can get an average QB from our group of 3. No problem with you going with what you like but I prefer not to be that patient, as patience can get you another 25 years without a winner. Besides that - change is excellent when you swap a loser for a winner.

So going on what we all have seen with young players stepping up and filling holes "learning on the job" and Inspired/hungry football players/team we must give due credit to our coaching staff. We can all talk about play calling all we want.  I stopped that years ago because if the play works it's a great call if it fails it's a poor call so why bother? IMO it comes down to execution our players have to execute better than the player across from them and be on the same page with their  teammates and that does not happen with constant coaching staff changes.

Again, I give Scot, Callahan, and Barry / D Staff credit keep them - but you have given me no reason to give Gruden and his OC credit - Not getting your point

All i want is to watch a team learn and grow and be ready to contend year in and year out in a few seasons. 

I do as well, my problem is it has been a long time since that happened and maybe it is time to hold people accountable quickly for failing, it certainly can't get any worse than 25 years of losing.

Hail, I give credit for success, being around successful people does not count. Scott, Callahan, and Barry / DStaff have succeeded this year at the management level, the others look like the past to me. However, you are welcome to your opinion and please don't let me stop you from expressing it.

TAB it's obvious you don't like Gruden  for whatever reasons, but to say he and the OC are the problems and the rest of staff is doing well is just crazy. I will not even go there because it's just silly !!! 

I will say again I don't know if Gruden is the right guy but firing him after 20 some games is not the right move!!

as for you saying 

I thought 3 to 4 years as a rebuilding period last year, but after looking at what Scot has done in 1 year I shortened my time period by 2 years. provided we can get an average QB from our group of 3. No problem with you going with what you like but I prefer not to be that patient, as patience can get you another 25 years without a winner. Besides that - change is excellent when you swap a loser for a winner."

I SAID..."as for you saying minimum of new personnel, I think we need a few more 2-4 successful drafts and may need a QB and they don't grow on trees, as for next year being "fantastic" that just depends on how many big changes we make, ie Coaching, QB, ect IMHO if we have to change coaches and play a new or  rookie QB the process will have to start over and is not a guarantee on a positive outcome." 

So not sure about the patient comment beings i said 2-4 years depending on the changes no rookie QB next year comes in and wins in year 2 not gonna happen sir!!

my problem is it has been a long time since that happened and maybe it is time to hold people accountable quickly for failing, it certainly can't get any worse than 25 years of losing."

Again firing coaching staffs every few years has a proven record of losing and we have done just that in those 25 years of losing.So why keep doing the same and expect a different result? I personally think time and patience are all this team needs, Ironically that is the only strategy this organization hasn't tried over those past 25 years of losing!! 

I give credit for success, being around successful people does not count. Scott, Callahan, and Barry / DStaff have succeeded this year at the management level, the others look like the past to me."

Again you seem to have a issue with Gruden and i can't help that, what i can say is you can't say the entire staff is doing it's job other than Gruden and his OC. I will just say it once again this team is lacking TALENT across the board and that's why we are picked to win 4 games this year and so far have been the UNDERDOGS every week and have WON 2 games and have been in another 2 in which we could have pulled out Ws 

once again , this quote from Scot M says it best, THE LAST TWO SENTENCES are key to success, something again we haven't done in 2 decades of losing!

“The thing that’s important to me is that we can have disagreements or arguments about the players, the 53 [-man roster], the draft, free agency,” McCloughan said in a recent interview in his Redskins Park office. “But when it’s all said and done, we all take ownership together and understand that we’re going to have good days and bad days. But if we stay together, there’ll be a lot less bad days. A lot less.”

@ CT

-3rd quarter woes continue. Does anyone have the stats? We must be outscored 60-13; we've been dominated. 6 games in, this is no fluke, what the F is Gruden doing or not doing at half?

The numbers that you inquired about - 49 to 3. 49 sounds pretty bad but it's only about a TD a game. 3 offensive points in six games is pretty bad though. They may just get to 60 before they get to 13.

12 sacks on the year, about the middle of the league. It doesn't seem that they're effective on the road. Four are on the road and three of the four were against the Falcons. Maybe it's just their opponents or game planning or a bit of both. 

They are back said:

Again, I give Scot, Callahan, and Barry / D Staff credit, but you have to give me a reason to give Gruden and the OC credit. Gibbs inherited the same issues but found a way to show progress in his first year. Gruden needs to show progress in his 2nd year in his role as a head coach. His responsibility is - hire assistants (reasonably good), head of strategy (including half time adjustments - not good), and master of discipline (minimizing mistakes - not good).

I am kind of in between right now as you both know. If we lose to Tampa to me that will be a horrible sign. I know it's probably not fair to put that much on one game but I think again I believe the wild card here is Scot did not hire Jay. I just don't see him sticking with him after a 2-5 start and losing to a team as bad as Tampa.

Having said that, TAB you are not being fair in at least one area: You said: and master of discipline (minimizing mistakes - not good).  That's just not true. This is a very young team with a lot injury replacements. Still, look at the penalties:

10, 7, 7, 11 the first 4 games but that last two? 5 against Atl, then 3 against the Jets. Considering the league average is still around 8 per game per team that's a huge accomplishment. I would even argue that maybe the focus on not being penalized has cost some aggression. In this league it seems with all the stupid ****ing rules, you have to push the envelope and make the refs make calls or you get your head handed to you, but that's a different conversation.

But only 8 penalties in the last 2 gms and only 3 the last game, that in your own words is directly due to the HC. You can't solely blame him for the penalties then not give him the same credit when it goes well. Again, this is with a lot of injury replacements and very young players. The personal fouls are gone, very few if any holding, team is showing some good discipline.

@ CT

The numbers that you inquired about - 49 to 3. 49 sounds pretty bad but it's only about a TD a game. 3 offensive points in six games is pretty bad though. They may just get to 60 before they get to 13.

12 sacks on the year, about the middle of the league. It doesn't seem that they're effective on the road. Four are on the road and three of the four were against the Falcons. Maybe it's just their opponents or game planning or a bit of both. 

I see it as 46 -3 

I also see 2 out of the 3 worst 3rd quarters we won them games so not sure what this all means at this point. Like i said before we have been underdogs in every game so far, had we been favorites this would be much more alarming.

I see it as 46 -3 

I also see 2 out of the 3 worst 3rd quarters we won them games so not sure what this all means at this point. Like i said before we have been underdogs in every game so far, had we been favorites this would be much more alarming.

It's still a clear weakness. Is it worth getting fired over? Maybe not now. But we could be 4-2 or maybe 5-1 if we made better half time adjustments. We have been ahead in every game but the Giants. We play very well in the first half then come out flat in the 3rd. It cost us the Miami game and the Jets game. The Jets are just a better team. So losing to the Jets is not as big a problem. But we should never have lost to Miami.

One of the few things that are the direct responsibilities of the coaching staff is half time adjustments. The fact is they are not making them. This has to improve.

Archived