Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

Not that you can be too careful, but do you come from a family of safecrackers or what?

No but the kids are old enough to put some thought into the combo for the safe with the guns. Honestly wouldn't be that hard for them to figure out if they tried. I keep the ammo in a safe with a key that stays with me. I think keeping the two separate is an added level of safety. And I can't fit the guns in the ammo safe. It's just a small fire rated safe. I use that so the fireman aren't in danger if my home burns down. The gun safe isn't fire rated.

• Like 1

From the comments section of that article.

The mother, Christy Byrd Sheats, had recently posted the following on her Facebook page: "It would be horribly tragic if my ability to protect myself or my family were to be taken away, but that's exactly what Democrats are determined to do by banning semi-automatic handguns."

---------------------------------------------------

Just imagine if Christy Byrd Sheats had not had the ability to "protect" her family her family would be alive today and so would she. Very sad situation.

Move along... move along... no need to bring personal emotions into our logucal, non-emotional 2nd amendment discussion... more guns make us safer!
  • Like 1

I got a dollar that says mom shot her kids over the gun debate.

Either way, no amount of insanity will ever matter, will it?

~Bang

Can't win a debate? Murder your daughters, then suicide by cop.

Yes. Nothing will ever change. If they won't change anything after a school full of children gets shot up then they won't ever change a thing.

Now that he's lost the team name debate, UnWise Mike has turned his attention to gun control: 

https://theundefeated.com/features/americas-nostalgic-gun-culture-defies-logic-and-common-sense/

Deep down, we cling to guns because we fear people of color will one day rise up and seek vindication for our sins. N.R.A. – The National Revenge Association.

This guy is sick and needs help. 

Now that he's lost the team name debate, UnWise Mike has turned his attention to gun control: 

https://theundefeated.com/features/americas-nostalgic-gun-culture-defies-logic-and-common-sense/

This guy is sick and needs help.

A far more reasonable and plausible notion than "unchecked masses of undercover Minutemen waiting to fight the 2nd American Revolution against our own government".

A far more reasonable and plausible notion than "unchecked masses of undercover Minutemen waiting to fight the 2nd American Revolution against our own government".

you ever met some them ?  :P

they put their money where there mouth is....which is why the rest of us arm up  :lol:

• Like 1

you ever met some them ?  :P

they put their money where there mouth is....which is why the rest of us arm up  :lol:

So, your point is that nut jobs with easy access to heavy weapons leads to increased gun sales? 

Sigh, just when you start seeing productive conversations a flamethrower like UnWise Mike comes along to make sure everyone starts screaming and no one starts/continuing listening. Mike's arguments will do no good other than to stiffen the necks of the gun rights side. It also doesn't help that as usual his reasoning is on the stupid side.

So, your point is that nut jobs with easy access to heavy weapons leads to increased gun sales? 

I wasn't aware there was easy access to heavy weapons

are we talking about these?

machine guns, mortars, rocket-propelled grenades, flamethrowers, grenade launchers, anti-tankweapons, and/or other portable crew-served weapons.

UnWise Mike has an uncanny ability to mix in a few decent points with thousand of words of nonsense that isn't fit to be printed on toilet paper. I got through like 1/5 of that article before I rolled my eyes, said "wow this is horse****" and closed the page.

Edited by skinsfan_1215

NPR: Supreme Court Rules Domestic Abusers Can Lose Their Gun-Ownership Rights

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled today in a 6-2 vote that domestic abusers convicted of misdemeanors can be barred from owning weapons.

The majority opinion, written by Justice Elena Kagan, concludes that misdemeanor assault convictions for domestic violence are sufficient to invoke a federal ban on firearms possession.

The plaintiffs in this case, Stephen Voisine and William Armstrong, both of Maine, had pleaded guilty in state court to misdemeanor assault charges after slapping or shoving their romantic partners. Several years later, each man was found to have firearms and ammunition in their possession in violation of a federal law affecting convicted domestic abusers.

Washington Post - In Virginia, felon voting rights mean simpler path to gun ownership

Gov. Terry McAuliffe’s order last month restoring the voting rights of 206,000 felons had an unintended consequence: It’s now easier for those ex-offenders to regain the right to own guns.

Before the order, felons who wanted to legally possess firearms firsthad to go through the process of having their civil rights reinstated, including the right to vote, to sit on a jury and to run for office.

That process — which involved submitting forms that were scrutinized by the secretary of the commonwealth’s staff, using the governor’s authority — is no longer in place.

Instead, felons who have completed their sentences can go straight to the step of petitioning the circuit court for firearm rights. Prosecutors review those petitions and can intervene if they believe a felon should continue to be barred from owning a weapon.

McAuliffe shortened from five years to three the waiting period for violent felons to apply for rights restoration after completing their sentences; eliminated the requirement that those felons write a letter to the governor explaining why their rights should be restored; and removed the requirement that felons pay court costs and fees associated with their efforts. He also shortened the application form from 13 pages to one page for violent felons; McDonnell had previously shortened it only for nonviolent felons.

But prosecutors say they still relied heavily on that first step in the process and lack the resources to do extensive research for each firearms request.

LOL whoops. Bet you didn't see that one coming.

Edited by tshile

How frightening to find a stranger in your child's room.  

Oregon Mother Shoots and Kills Intruder She Discovered in Child's Bedroom

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/oregon-mother-shoots-and-kills-intruder-she-discovered-in-childs-bedroom/ar-AAhFFqO?li=BBnbfcL

The conviction of any violent crime should ==  no gun ownership rights.   

• Like 1

How frightening to find a stranger in your child's room.  

Oregon Mother Shoots and Kills Intruder She Discovered in Child's Bedroom

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/oregon-mother-shoots-and-kills-intruder-she-discovered-in-childs-bedroom/ar-AAhFFqO?li=BBnbfcL

Amber Murray, a neighbor, told KOIN 6 News that there had been "a few squatters in and out of [the home]" before the mother and her daughters moved in.

Interesting place.

Edited by visionary

so misdemeanors lose right and felons regain them?

I'm not aware of what rights you lose for misdemeanors? 

The conviction of any violent crime should ==  no gun ownership rights.

You would think.

But a 1 page paper, with no costs, gets you on the road to gun ownership again.

I'm not aware of what rights you lose for misdemeanors? 

You would think.

But a 1 page paper, with no costs, gets you on the road to gun ownership again.

I believe he is referring to losing your rights to own a gun for domestic violence misdemeanors.  The SC just ruled on that and it's in a few posts above.