Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

15 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Is it against the law though? What’s the actual line other than shooting off a firearm in a public place?

I believe it is considered assault.  I honestly don't know specifically though.  I don't worry about it too much.  I figure if I pulled my gun out, I've already decided to shoot with the intention to kill.  So the laws for just pointing a gun at someone don't really apply.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Is it against the law though? What’s the actual line other than shooting off a firearm in a public place?

For Minny anyway, they have this:

State Capitol / State House / State Offices

Concealed carry - allowed. Open carry - prohibited.

Courthouses and Courtrooms

Then there's' this:

Six states (California, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota and New Jersey), as well as the District of Columbia, generally ban the open carrying of long guns (rifles and shotguns). 

12 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

You missed my point.

No. I didn’t. 

it doesn’t matter why someone would want to do it. They can do it. 

Unless the owners of the business put up a sign saying it’s not allowed. 

it’s a right to own and carry guns in certain places. Why doesn’t matter. 

and just because there’s a sign doesn’t mean there was an issue. Maybe they just learned they can do it, and they wanted to. Maybe it’s a political statement. Who knows. Doesn’t matter. They’re allowed to do it if they want. 

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I believe it is considered assault. 

theres also brandishing. 

@Die Hard in case you were curious it’s also illegal to shoot people unless it qualifies for self defense and that’s a thing in the area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

For Minny anyway, they have this:

State Capitol / State House / State Offices

Courthouses and Courtrooms

Then there's' this:

Six states (California, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota and New Jersey), as well as the District of Columbia, generally ban the open carrying of long guns (rifles and shotguns). 

He was asking if it's against the law to point the gun at someone.  Not if they can open carry.

54 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Ok, that one in the last row in the middle...wtf is that supposed to mean? lol

I think that's a string of firecrackers with them exploding on the end.  I guess a way of saying no fireworks.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Why would anyone feel the need to bring a gun into a dentist's office? The fact that anyone would need to tell you NOT to is kinda like putting a warning label on a microwave telling people not to dry their cat in it lol...things would have to be seriously ****ed up for that label to even be needed. If you can't drive from your home to the dentist without feeling you need a gun, something somewhere is wrong.

Not my reasons, but I'm sure some conceal carry everywhere they go, regardless of where that is.  Also, maybe they conceal carry and were doing whatever before their dentist appointment, didn't have time to go home to put it away and didn't feel comfortable leaving it in their vehicle (potential theft).  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

He was asking if it's against the law to point the gun at someone.  Not if they can open carry.

Got my threads mixed up lol...I was actually responding to another poster on the COVID thread but assumed the discussion continued over here by mod directive. The other poster said, among other things:

"I’m sure there is a no weapons law in state houses and any other government building, there are here in Charlotte. Every one of those people armed in that building are breaking the law, and our law enforcement should act accordingly. As was stated, if they were black, you can bet some **** would hit the fan. "

The Great Buzz responded with "If you are so sure, would you mind providing a link to said law?"

When I came over here I saw TGB going back and forth with Dat T and just assumed Dan was the one who asked that first question on the other thread...whoops lol.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

No. I didn’t. 

it doesn’t matter why someone would want to do it. They can do it. 

Then yeah, you missed my point.

My point was not about gun laws. Whether or not they're allowed to do it is one billion percent irrelevant to the point I was making.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Police: Man arrested for shooting at Amazon driver believing him to be burglar

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — A man has been arrested on multiple charges for firing several shots at an Amazon delivery man, claiming he thought the driver was a burglar, according to a Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department arrest report.

The April 25 incident began at around 11:30 p.m. on Lake Isle Court, near Alta Drive and South Cimarron Road, when police were called by the driver, reporting that a resident had come out of a home and opened fire on him as he was making a delivery.

Soon after, 9-1-1 dispatch received another call from a man claiming that he had shot at, and possibly struck, a burglar pretending to be an Amazon driver at the same location.

Upon arrival at the scene, police made contact with the driver who explained that he was making a delivery that had to be complete before midnight when he was confronted by a man with a flashlight.

The driver, who was wearing a blue and black Amazon reflective vest, told police that the man continued to shine the flashlight in his face as he delivered the package, following him back to his car.

He also observed a female taking a picture of his back license plate.

The driver reported that he then got back in his car and made the turn around at the cul-de-sac when his car was suddenly struck by multiple bullets, one shattering his rear view mirror.

The driver himself was not struck by any bullets or injured during the shooting.

When police interviewed the shooter, Austin Lattana, he told police that the man was attempting to burglarize his home.

He did not believe the man when the driver told him that he worked for Amazon.

Lattana claims that, when the driver went back into his car, he thought the man was reaching for something so he opened fire.

According to the report, the witness told police that Lattana threatened the driver, telling him that if he did not leave he was going to have to shoot him.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Got my threads mixed up lol...I was actually responding to another poster on the COVID thread but assumed the discussion continued over here by mod directive. The other poster said, among other things:

"I’m sure there is a no weapons law in state houses and any other government building, there are here in Charlotte. Every one of those people armed in that building are breaking the law, and our law enforcement should act accordingly. As was stated, if they were black, you can bet some **** would hit the fan. "

You in Charlotte, NC too dawg?  

4 hours ago, China said:

Police: Man arrested for shooting at Amazon driver believing him to be burglar

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — A man has been arrested on multiple charges for firing several shots at an Amazon delivery man, claiming he thought the driver was a burglar, according to a Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department arrest report.

The April 25 incident began at around 11:30 p.m. on Lake Isle Court, near Alta Drive and South Cimarron Road, when police were called by the driver, reporting that a resident had come out of a home and opened fire on him as he was making a delivery.

Why would ANYONE (other than take-away) be making a delivery at 11:30pm?  There's gotta be more to this than is being reported.

Oklahoma city ends face mask rule for shoppers after store employees are threatened

The mayor of an Oklahoma city amended an emergency declaration requiring customers to wear face masks while inside businesses after store employees were threatened with violence.

Stillwater Mayor Will Joyce announced the change Friday afternoon, less than 24 hours after the declaration took effect.

“In the short time beginning on May 1, 2020, that face coverings have been required for entry into stores/restaurants, store employees have been threatened with physical violence and showered with verbal abuse," City Manager Norman McNickle said in a statement. "In addition, there has been one threat of violence using a firearm."

• 2 weeks later...

Pa. school director’s threat to shoot anyone without a mask who comes close to her rankles some in community

Dr. Jennifer Rager-Kay posted the comment in reaction to a picture of anti-lockdown protesters last week in Harrisburg, many of whom are not wearing masks. She wrote: “I find it interesting that the largest group of the participants in the anti-lockdown protest and refusing to wear masks in public as they see it as a violation of their constitutional rights are among those against a form of gun regulations.

“As a concerned carry-permitted gun owner, if you refuse to wear a mask and try to come within 6 feet of me or my family, I will exercise the same constitutional rights to shoot you.”

• Haha 1

Nearly 200 people arrested, two shot during 'Go Topless Jeep Weekend'

A raucous Texas beach event known as "Go Topless Jeep Weekend" ended with two people hospitalized following a shooting and nearly 200 others arrested on various charges.

Galveston County Sheriff Henry Trochesset said two men were airlifted to the hospital after both of them were shot in the torso during the annual event on Bolivar Peninsula, which brings together thousands of Jeep lovers and 4-wheeler enthusiasts.

• Haha 1

Westgate shooting leaves 3 people hurt, suspect in custody, Glendale police say

GLENDALE, AZ — Three people were injured and a suspect is in custody after a shooting Wednesday night at Westgate Entertainment District in Glendale, according to police.

One person was taken to the hospital in critical condition, officials said. Two other victims suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

The suspect, identified by police as 20-year-old Armando Hernandez Jr., was taken into custody at the scene. The suspect is not believed to have been injured during the incident.

• 2 weeks later...

NRA Accidentally Forgets To Rise Up Against Tyrannical Government

An embarrassed National Rifle Association says it totally forgot to do the one thing it has been saying for years it is solely there to do.

“Our whole reason for lobbying for looser gun laws and amassing huge personal arsenals of weapons these past years was so that we could ensure the security of a free state and protect the people from an oppressive government. And then it actually happened, and the whole rising up against a tyrannical government thing just totally slipped our minds, which is a little embarrassing,” a sheepish NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre said.

He said the morale around the NRA has been pretty low. “The guys feel pretty silly. We had our well regulated militia stocked up and ready to go, just waiting for the moment when the Government would turn on its own people. And then the government started shooting protesters and rolling tanks down the street, and we were like ‘guys this is the one we’ve been talking about, let’s go!’. But then something else came up and we forgot to do it. Damnit!”.  

Observers were shocked that the NRA had missed their opportunity to defend their country. “I can’t believe it,” one analyst said. “It’s almost as if they weren’t worried about the government at all. It’s as if they were actually just scared of black people”.

• Haha 1