Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

One worker who witnessed the shooting told 7's Kim Russell that he heard the man in blue (victim) tell the clerk they had guns -- and planned to shoot when he got off work.

Shoulda shot him better

7 minutes ago, China said:

So if he had hit the correct target, like the guy in the previous story, would he be a good guy with a gun?

If dude stealing chips was waving a gun, yes.  Otherwise no.  I, for the most part, justify shooting when others are threatened or when stealing personal valuables.  What is the dollar limit for personal property to justify shooting?  Can't say exact dollar figure but can tell you a bag of chips doesn't meet it.  

11 minutes ago, China said:

So if he had hit the correct target, like the guy in the previous story, would he be a good guy with a gun?

Does he strike you as the type of person that would say:

yes i think it’s appropriate to fire a gun in response to stealing potato chips

?

????

edit: goddamnit 

Edited by tshile

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

If dude stealing chips was waving a gun, yes.  Otherwise no.  I, for the most part, justify shooting when others are threatened or when stealing personal valuables.  What is the dollar limit for personal property to justify shooting?  Can't say exact dollar figure but can tell you a bag of chips doesn't meet it.  

So it seems we both have difficulty in providing an exact definition for Good Guy with a Gun.  I think my definition might be a little more narrow than yours.  I think there are a lot of people that think they are good guys with guns, but aren't.  And that's dangerous.  People like you and a few others on this board that are well trained in the use and handling of firearms would potentially qualify.  Unfortunately, I think that number is very small in comparison to the number of people that carry firearms.

3 minutes ago, China said:

So it seems we both have difficulty in providing an exact definition for Good Guy with a Gun.  I think my definition might be a little more narrow than yours.  I think there are a lot of people that think they are good guys with guns, but aren't.  And that's dangerous.  People like you and a few others on this board that are well trained in the use and handling of firearms would potentially qualify.  Unfortunately, I think that number is very small in comparison to the number of people that carry firearms.

And people that do dumb **** need to be held accountable, severely!  

Make Billy Dumb**** think twice before he wants to play Jack Bauer.

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

And people that do dumb **** need to be held accountable, severely!  

Make Billy Dumb**** think twice before he wants to play Jack Bauer.

But also require more training before you're allowed to carry.

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Meh.  The discussion has been had on what should and shouldn't be.  I don't see either of us saying anything that hasn't already been said. 

And therein lies the problem.  People like you and I discuss it, and nothing gets done.   Nothing changes.  Just more of these stories, some good, some bad.  Occasionally, horrific and nothing changes.  What do you think it would take for real, meaningful change to occur?  Who or how many would have to die?  Is it even possible in this country?

3 minutes ago, China said:

And therein lies the problem.

Umm.....yes.  you new here?

4 minutes ago, China said:

What do you think it would take for real, meaningful change to occur?

Probably would start of with the 4 horsemen mentioned in whatever book that is.

Who or how many would have to die?

7.53 billion

6 minutes ago, China said:

Is it even possible in this country?

No.  Again, are you new here?

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Umm.....yes.  you new here?

Probably would start of with the 4 horsemen mentioned in whatever book that is.

7.53 billion

No.  Again, are you new here?

So why is this thread still open?

And why bother responding?

Edit:  And I think the number would be less than 7.53 billion.  There are only 330 million people in this country.  I think if you eliminated most of them, that would be enough.

Edited by China

26 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Meh.  The discussion has been had on what should and shouldn't be.  I don't see either of us saying anything that hasn't already been said. 

I have a hard time reconciling how you could admit that dumbass Joe vigilante should not have been walking around with a gun next to his hard on but then, two minutes later reflexively retreat back to a hardline, do nothing stance at the suggestion that maybe there should be some sort of vetting or training Of individuals who want to carry around killing machines.

Witnesses at the gas station say there had been some back and forth between the potato chip thief and the clerk.

One worker who witnessed the shooting told 7's Kim Russell that he heard the man in blue (victim) tell the clerk they had guns -- and planned to shoot when he got off work

Clerk was just standing his ground and using his God given rights as an American. Obviously a good guy with a gun. 🇺🇸🇺🇸.

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I have a hard time reconciling how you could admit that dumbass Joe vigilante should not have been walking around with a gun next to his hard on but then, two minutes later reflexively retreat back to a hardline, do nothing stance at the suggestion that maybe there should be some sort of vetting or training Of individuals who want to carry around killing machines.

Ummmm........reading is fundamental. 

I didn't say anything about we should do nothing.  I said the discussion has been had.  Why don't you go read the points I have supported.

Or just keep quiet.  I'd prefer you did both by the way.

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Ummmm........reading is fundamental. 

I didn't say anything about we should do nothing.  I said the discussion has been had.

I know that people like to throw the “can’t you read?” Thing around on here. I’ve done it myself. I went back and reread it and don’t feel like my comprehension was off at all.   China suggested there should be some training requirements for people to walk around carrying guns and you said you’re not gonna talk about it and nothings going to change unless 7 billion people die. I’m fairly certain that most anybody who read that would have inferred the same thing that I did.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

you said you’re not gonna talk about it and nothings going to change unless 7 billion people die. 

I wish we had a crayon font for when something like this needed explaining.

Just because I think something is a certain way does not mean I agree that it SHOULD be that way.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I wish we had a crayon font for when something like this needed explaining.

Just because I think something is a certain way does not mean I agree that it SHOULD be that way.  

Ok, cool. So you support some sort of training requirement or testing or some form of vetting in order to carry?

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

6 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Ok, cool. So you support some sort of training requirement or testing or some form of vetting in order to carry?

You must have missed the part where I said go read the points I have supported.  But since you seem to just want an easy answer....

yes

that was the closest to crayon font I could do.

edit:  and because I like toying with my prey, name a state that doesn't have some form of at least one of those things.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You must have missed the part where I said go read the points I have supported.  But since you seem to just want an easy answer....

yes

I mean, there’s a lot of people posting a lot of things on this board. I think it would be Herculean If anybody could keep track of everyone’s thoughts on every subject. I appreciate you taking the five seconds to type it out rather than me having to go searching through pages and pages of posts. That font is really hard to read though.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I mean, there’s a lot of people posting a lot of things on this board. I think it would be Herculean If anybody could keep track of everyone’s thoughts on every subject. I appreciate you taking the five seconds to type it out rather than me having to go searching through pages and pages of posts. That font is really hard to read though.

If someone wants to jump in on a topic, especially a serious topic and from a serious poster (you), I'd expect someone to at least read the last 20 pages or so.  Get a feel for what has been discussed and who stands where.  That way you aren't doing a cannonball into a kiddy pool.

But sorry if I was a little harsh.  I've been driving all day.

39 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

China suggested there should be some training requirements for people to walk around carrying guns and you said you’re not gonna talk about it and nothings going to change unless 7 billion people die. I’m fairly certain that most anybody who read that would have inferred the same thing that I did.

Not me. 

The conversation has been had like 100 times in this thread. 

I dont recall a single single participant in any of them being for “do nothing”

though a drive by troll may be involved in some but that doesn’t count. 

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

Not me. 

The conversation has been had like 100 times in this thread. 

I dont recall a single single participant in any of them being for “do nothing”

though a drive by troll may be involved in some but that doesn’t count. 

As far as I know, all of us “gun guys” on here are for training and for the most part common sense gun control laws/regulations.  

• Like 1